first street.

Down That Little Street

About a day ago...

She dragged her shoes and shuffled it, today had not been going well for Hee Sun. In the morning, a bucket of wet, cold water came pouring down on her. Later during recess, she got into the middle of a food fight. Still it was not the end, she tripped over someone's leg and got blamed for being careless. It was not enough, next her bag was stolen and dumped into the puddle of muddy water. And the latest addition, a coarse remark from the Kingkas of the school, a.k.a Teen Top.

For Hee Sun, it seemed like the norm, she would always bring an extra set of uniform and prepare excuse letters lest she got an injury the next moment. To the arrogant folks at the top, it had become a daily routine to torture her life every now and then. 

She sighed and gripped on tightly to her bag strap as she traveled home.

Then she neared a junction and stopped in her tracks and turned towards a squeezed alley which was a shortcut to her home. Along that street it was clustered with some black magic stores that sold the weirdest items ever. Hee Sun always got the chills when she passed that area, as much as she dreaded, if she had taken the longer route she would most likely reach home an hour later.

She swerved in towards the eerie alley, whilst biting onto her lower lip. Just then, she spotted a figure with blond hair turning into the corner further down, it looked strikingly familiar. 

Hee Sun hastened her steps and caught up with the figure, in shock and horror, realised that it was L.Joe, the proclaimed king in her school. He was an all round top student until he got dragged down into the world of gangs and fights. Which lead him to consequence of having to stay back for a year, along with his group called Teen Top. But what was he doing around here?

She took a peek around the corner, and watched intently. Why would the Kingka be in a lowly place like this?

Her eyes followed his every move and action. L.Joe stalled for a moment in the middle of a dead end, there was a blinding flash of light. Hee Sun winced, her eyelids opened again and all she saw was a tiny cream coloured cat. WAIT? What just happened? First I saw a human now I saw a...  She gasped at her realisation.

The cat was L.joe and she had just stumbled on his secret.

 

Present.

"OOMPH!" Hee Sun tumbled down onto the gravel pathway, her elbow's skin being scrapped in the process. Still she kept mum, she did not want to invite more trouble. "Hey look at me when I talk! You bumped into me so you'd better apologize!" 

Hee Sun looked up in defiance and gave a soul-piercing stare. She had endured this ever since middle school. No longer now, her sophomore year has to be perfect. "I know your secret." she whispered subtly.

L.Joe looked at her, shocked to the core, hands shaking in horror. How could she know?

~~~

"WHAT-" CAP choked on his rice, "what do you mean by she knows? She's an idiot, how would she know?" Niel laughed so hard that he sputtered his coke. "What makes you so sure hyung?"

Chunji adds in, "For someone who has been scoring first in the entire level, I think it's ironic when you're just barely making a single digit for spelling."

"HEY! Shaddup!" CAP retorted back. Ricky looks up from his book, glances around and heads back to his world; while Changjo is preoccupied with his card stacking.

L.Joe frowned, "Hey is anyone listening?"

"I am," Ricky gives a quick look at his hyung and one second later is back to reading. "That's reassuring..." L.Joe muttered. Niel gives L.Joe a pat on his back, "Don't worry, not like she has foothold over you. Just relax, who's up for another fight later on? Against one of the North Street gangs!" 

Little bookworm Ricky pokes his head up, "Can I help with the traps?"

"Count me in," CAP added.

"Changjo-ya, what about-"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My cards fell!" he looked disappointingly at the fallen deck of cards that he had painstakingly balanced, "Fine, I'll come'

Niel looks over at Chunji who feebly nods, he eyed L.Joe and immediately understood his reply. Cocky L.Joe would never miss a fight. "Then leggo'!"
 

 ~~~

Hee Sun walked out into the scorching track, it did not seem to bother her. She tore off her school shoes and wore her track shoes. For her daily regime, she would jog for 2.5 km and then start off with her sprinting practices. Next, she peeled off her glasses and left in her bag. 

After a full two hours of practice, Hee Sun picked up her towel, cleaned up and changed into a fresh set of clothes. 

Hee Sun plucked up her school bag, and then left the school grounds. As she was about to exit out from the school gates, she was stopped rudely by two girls from her class. "How dare you bump into L.Joe-oppa? You know how perfect his body is and you had to crash it with that filthy body of yours."

The other scrunched up her nose and pinched it in disgust, "EWWW! Isn't that sweat smell! No wonder its filthy," A pail of icy cold water splashed over Hee Sun and left her soaking wet. The two girls, now joined by another 3 more, gloated in delight as they left the buidling. 

Hee Sun mused over their bullying, "Are they that dumb to not come up with new ways to get back at me? Water throwing is such a norm!" She got up and pulled out another clean set of uniform in a ziplock bag. "And as usual my predication never was wrong."

From the distance, Chunji watched Hee Sun, I should have gone out to help her... He followed as she went back into the school compounds. 

As he followed down the classroom aisle, he felt something amiss. He looked up into the distance, above the signage of the female toilet, a bucket filled with the school's garbage. Instinctively, he sprinted up to Hee Sun and hurriedly pulled her backwards. The bucket fell onto the ground right in front of their feet.

Hee Sun panted, she had not expected this, then it struck her. "Why did you help me? I didn't need it." She got up and swept off the dust from her skirt, in a blink of an eye, she ran off to the outside of the school.

Chunji watched again, his help had been rejected but it did not deter him. Soon you won't be bullied like this anymore, I promise.

~~~

"You're late! What took you so long? You said you needed to get your bag and you took an hour?" L.Joe snapped at Chunji. "Big deal, just another fight and you guys won even without me. L.Joe rammed him against the wall, "Were you watching her again?"

The rest shuddered back, CAP came forward, "Stop it, let him go." In an angry fit, L.Joe threw his group member onto the floor, "This isn't the first time. Just stay away from the filth!"

Chunji knew better than to keep mum, with L.Joe in this state, he could split the Earth into half. 

Chirpy Ricky poked in, "Hey come on, loosen up, we just won against Boyfriend. Gosh, they're real weaklings! Let's celebrate with some dobbouki, shall we?" He forcefully pulls L.Joe's cheeks, and makes a kiddish sound, "EEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~~" which sends L.Joe, Niel and Changjo reeling in laughter.

L.Joe turned back his head towards Chunji, "What are you waiting for? Hurry up."

~~~

Hee Sun shuffled about her store, it was the only thing her parents had left for her. In the past, her parents would give free treatment to gangs who were attacked for no reasons.

The store was as per normal, empty. Ever since her parents had passed away, no one remembered this store's existence anymore. Hee Sun trudged out, ready to close the store when a hand prevented her from pulling down the shutters. Hee Sun glanced up, "OH! Donghyun-oppa!"

Donghyun was supporting onto Hyunseong who was covered in bruises and open wounds. While the twins supported each other, both equally covered in blue blacks. The last pair, Jeongmin and Minwoo came in, Minwoo was covered in cuts and abrasions.

Boyfriend was a regular customer at Hee Sun's store, all because they were picked on by other gangs for being weak even though they had never harmed anyone. Immediately, Hee Sun rushed back into the supplies room and pulled out antiseptics, cream and bandages. "Was it them again?"

Jeongmin nodded, "They just barged in and flipped Hyunseong's eatery upside down. Something's screwed up with them, we didn't even offend them." Hee Sun gently dabbed against Hyunseong's wounds, he gritted his teeth and beared with the pain. "If this goes on, Hyunseong's grandma's business would never survive." the maknae added in.

It clicked in Hee Sun's mind, "I know what to do."

 


hello, first chapter up. do comment on your thoughts and feelings on the first chapter. and hee sun looks like she has some plan, anyone can guess? 
till the next chapter, toodles! :)