Birthdays and punishments

Childhood Memories

It was Uruha's fourteenth birthday, and he was celebrating it at Reita's house, with Reita's family - Uruha's own family hadn't even remembered his birthday and he had stormed out of the house. Luckily Reita had seen him; he'd been on his way to Uruha's house because he wanted to surprise him with a party.

Uruha was pretty much part of the Suzuki family. Mrs. Suzuki thought of him as her own son and worried of him even more than Reita, Mr. Suzuki often took Reita and Uruha to such places as the beach, movies or rock concerts, and Reita's sister was a good friend of Uruha's.

"Here, Kouyou-kun. A present", Mrs. Suzuki said and handed over a gift box to Uruha. The latter gasped, took the present and said: "You shouldn't had!"

"You deserve it. Open it, open it!" Reita's sister commanded excitedly. Uruha smiled softly and took the silver wrappings of. He opened the box and found three things, one from Mrs. Suzuki, one from Mr. Suzuki and one from Reita's sister.

"The headphones are from me, the necklace and bracelet from mom, and the game from dad", Reita's sister listed, a happy smile on her face.

"This is so amazing..." Uruha muttered. All of it... He didn't deserve it.

"Time for Akira's present", Mr. Suzuki announced happily. Reita smiled at Uruha and under the couch they'd been sitting on, he pulled a huge box.

"What is it?" Uruha asked as he took the box.

"Open it and find out", Reita answered. Uruha did what he was told to, and soon saw the best present he had ever had.

"R- Reita..." Uruha stuttered. He felt how the tears started forming in his eyes as he stared at the beautiful guitar in his hands. Luckily Reita's sister knew what was going to happen and caught the flying guitar as Uruha crushed into Reita's arms.

"So it's that awful?" Reita joked.

"No... it's perfect", Uruha sobbed into Reita's now wet shirt. Reita patted his friend's head and said: "I'm glad you like it."

"I don't like it. I love it", Uruha mumbled.

"Well, that's good to hear! Do you want to eat the cake now?" Reita's mother asked kindly. Uruha rose his head and in shock, he said: "There's cake?"

"Of course there is, Kou! It's not a birthday-party without any cake!" Reita's sister said playfully, her eyes shining from happiness and excitement.

The cake was made by Reita's sister and mother since Mr. Suzuki was very bad at baking at cooking, and Reita was even worse. The cake was beautiful, it had beautiful frosting and the "Happy birthday!"-text written on it was beautiful. There were fourteen white candles on top of it (which is why the cake was so huge)

"It's amazing..." Uruha commented once more.

"Isn't it? Blow the candles!" Reita's sister replied. And Uruha blew the candles.

"So, what did you wish for?" Reita asked.

"The wish doesn't come true if I tell you", Uruha answered playfully. Still, it was really obvious what he had hoped for. "I wish I could spend my whole life with Reita." Yes, it was childish, but that's what Uruha had wished for every year after meeting Reita.

"Anyway, we have a special quest for you today", Mrs. Suzuki said.

"Who?" Uruha asked.

"You can come out now!" Mr. Suzuki said loudly, and a person walked into the kitchen. Uruha literally stopped breathing; it was his sister, who had went overseas to study because she couldn't handle their parents anymore.

"What're you doing here?" Uruha asked and rushed to his sister, hugging her tightly.

"Is that a way to greet your sister who's been overseas for a year? And I'm here for your birthday, silly!" his sister explained and ruffled her little brother's hair. "I'm gonna have to leave today, though, so I won't have much time. So how's the school?"

"As always..." Uruha muttered.

"Okay, who beat you up?" Uruha's sister asked and placed her hands on her hips.

"Um... Some people from my school, some people from other schools, dad, some random people..." Uruha listed like it was nothing.

"Your dad has been beating you up?!" Reita said and stepped close to Uruha, grabbing his wrist and making him look at him.

"Kou, I know it's hard, but please don't let people beat you!" Uruha's sister begged, and Reita's sister added: "If this keeps going, you'll end up in hospital."

"I know..." Uruha muttered. "But can we please stop discussing about this for at least the rest of the day?"

...

Uruha stayed over at Reita's place. His parents wouldn't give a anyway. When he went back home with the three presents - his sister had given him two tickets to Luna Sea's concert - his father asked angrily: "What are those? Where did you get them from?"

"They're birthday presents. Surely you've heard of such thing?" Uruha answered, being just as angry as his father.

"What's in them?" his father asked, even though it was more like a command. "Who gave you them?"

"None of your business..." Uruha muttered and started approaching the stairs that lead to the upstairs, but suddenly his father snatched everything from his arms.

"Give them back!" Uruha demanded, but of course, his father didn't do so. Instead he opened one of the boxes, the smallest one, and found the tickets.

"Who the hell would spend so much money to you? And why are there two tickets?" his father said angrily.

"They're from my sister! Give them back!" Uruha repeated, but suddenly fell on his knees as he saw his father ripping the tickets to pieces. He was obviously enjoying this. Then he moved to the box that Uruha had gotten from Reita's family. He broke the game, bracelet and necklace and snapped the headphones' wire with scissors.

"No... No!" Uruha cried when his father took the guitar.

"What's this ? A guitar?"

And his guitar, the most precious of the presents, was smashed against the floor and was broken before Uruha could even play it. Tears streaming on his cheeks, Uruha crawled on the floor and hugged the biggest piece of the guitar he could find. He couldn't believe it. The guitar... It had been so beautiful, and it had been from Reita.

"How could you do this...?" Uruha whispered.

"Stop whining and clean it up, idiot", his father replied and walked away. Uruha started crying harder. Everything he'd gotten from the only people who liked, even loved him... Everything was in pieces. The tickets to the concert of the band Uruha loved the most. The expensive headphones. The great game Uruha had always wanted. The beautiful necklace and bracelet. And... the guitar. The guitar Reita gave him.

...

"Uruha... Uruha!"

Uruha woke up as someone was nudging his shoulder. He'd been crying in his sleep, and he'd been crying a lot. He realized he was sitting on the couch of his apartment, grasping Reita's shirt. Ruki and Kai were there too, staring at Uruha worriedly.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Reita asked in a soft, soothing voice that Uruha had always liked and that made him feel relaxed. He nodded and buried his face into Reita's shirt. He didn't stop crying, because that memory had been one of the worst.

"Shh... It's okay, it was just a dream", Reita comforted and Uruha's back. No, Uruha thought. It wasn't just a dream.

"The food is ready, if you wanna eat. You must be thirsty too", Reita said. Uruha nodded and Reita helped him up and led him to the kitchen. As they ate the delicious pasta Kai made, Reita asked: "Care to tell me what the dream was about?"

"W- When it was my birthday... And you gave me that guitar..." Uruha sobbed. "My dad... he ripped the tickets, broke the necklace, bracelet, headphones, game... and he destroyed the guitar."

"Well, it was just a bad dream. It didn't really happen", Reita said and smiled softly. Uruha shook his head and muttered: "No. It really happened."

"Uru, give me your cellphone", Reita commanded in sudden cold voice.

"Why?" Uruha asked.

"Just give it to me", Reita answered. Uruha gave his cellphone to Reita, and the latter walked out of the kitchen to the bedroom.

"I wonder what he's doing..." Ruki muttered.

"Why would he need my- " Uruha couldn't finish his sentence because he heard Reita yelling. He was speaking so fast that they couldn't really hear what he was saying, but they did recognize such words as "birthday", "Uruha", "present", "family" and "the worst father in the universe."

"Uh... is he doing what I think he's doing...?" Ruki muttered.

"He is..." Uruha whispered in shock.

"Well, this at least proves that Reita's a good friend. Kind of", Kai pointed out quietly.

"Yeah, if 'good friend' means a guy who makes your father hate you more than he already does", Uruha answered sarcastically. In reality, he was really glad that Reita was doing this for him. Uruha himself would've never stood up against his father, and would've never dared to yell at him.

Soon Reita walked back to the kitchen and said: "Uru, your father is a nagging and he should burn in hell. Oh, and also, make sure I won't ever call him again. He'll sue me for... what was it again? Well, a few things anyway."

Uruha started laughing and commented: "Reita, you're the best!"

"He also said that his son should show more respect and get better friends or he'll end up in prison", Reita added.

"I already have the best friend anyone could have", Uruha said, stood up and hugged Reita tightly, smiling happily.

"Really now? I guess I should be proud of myself, then. Even though I threatened him by saying I'd go into his house and beat him to hospital... And I also said that I'm glad his son can't make good friends. And that he's a ing with no soul. And that if he sued me, I'd sue him for beating you up. And I said I'd then commit a crime and go to the prison and..."

"I don't think I wanna hear any further, even though your plan is awesome", Ruki said.

"Oh, well, it was fun. He's even funnier than Ruki's dad." Reita shrugged his shoulders and made both Ruki and Uruha laugh.

"Ruki's dad? The one I called?" Uruha asked.

"Yup. I bet his wife was mad after that because she heard him ing", Reita joked.

"Aw, c'mon, I'm not that good at prank calls", Uruha said.

"You are good at many things, you just underestimate yourself", Kai said.

...

Way past midnight Aoi came home. Reita and Ruki had left at ten, and Kai still stayed for a couple of days. Kai was already asleep, but Uruha had been waiting for Aoi.

"Is Kai asleep?" Aoi asked.

"Yeah", Uruha replied, walked to his lover and planted a kiss on his cheek. "He has to wake up early tomorrow 'cause he has the first shift at the snackshop."

"You don't have to wake up early, don't you?" Aoi asked.

"No, my shift starts at 12..." Uruha answered.

"Good", Aoi said and pulled Uruha close by his waist. Uruha giggled and his lips were attacked by Aoi's. And so, Kai couldn't sleep even at that night. Not only because he was still worried, but also because of the noises coming from the bedroom. He was wondering how the neighbours managed with all this.

In the morning Aoi had to leave at the same as Kai, so he drove him to the snackshop. He did have some time before going to work, though, so he stayed at the snackshop and chatted with Kai.

"Seriously, this one time, some random guy called me gay and told me to off and take my with me, I said that my is , he was like 'What the ?' and I had to explain him how gays have . Seriously, people should think before saying something", Aoi said. Kai laughed and commented: "You know, Aoi, you're really funny."

"I am? I don't think so. My sense of humor is as low as a kid's." Aoi grinned as Kai giggled again. The older male chuckled and said: "You seriously remind me of a little child."

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?" Kai asked playfully.

"I don't know, but I think it's a good thing", Aoi answered.

"And how do I remind you, whose sense humor is as good as a little kid's, of a little child?" Kai asked.

"Let's see here... The way you laugh and smile all the time. How you act, and how you look at people with puppy eyes and pout when you don't get what you want", Aoi listed. Kai giggled again and admitted: "Okay, maybe I sometimes seem like a child."

"I gotta go now, though... I can't be late", Aoi said and after saying good-bye to Kai, he left.

Fifteen minutes past twelve Uruha arrived.

"You're late", Kai pointed out with a faint smile. "If Reita knew, he'd punish you for sure."

"And what kind of punishment would that be?" Uruha asked, grinning widely as he sat on the counter. Kai laughed a little and answered: "I don't know. What do you think?"

"That he would drag me to the backroom and 'punish' me there? Or even better, 'punish' me against the counter. Or 'punish' me in a pile of pockys", Uruha replied. Kai snorted and commented: "You're even worse than Reita is..."

"Oh really now? Then how bad is he?" Uruha asked.

"Really bad", Kai answered with a wide grin. "He'll kidnap you and make you your slave."

"I already am his slave", Uruha said jokingly.

"But he'll lock you into his bedroom and keep you tied to his bed. He'll make you call him master and the only food you will get- "

"And who might you be talking 'bout?"

Uruha and Kai turned to see Reita leaning against the door frame. He was looking at them curiously, and there was a light shade of anger in his voice. Kai and Uruha both blushed and the latter stuttered: "U- Um... Aoi...?"

"Oh really now? I'm pretty sure Aoi wouldn't have to kidnap you because you already live with him?" Reita pointed out.

"How long have you been there?" Kai asked.

"Since the "He'll kidnap you" part. And if I remember correctly, Uruha's already my slave." Reita grinned widely and Uruha rolled his eyes and said: "Idiot. You already know who we were talking about."

"I sure do." Reita laughed and walked to the counter that Uruha was sitting on. "But you know, Uru, you shouldn't talk 'bout things like that. Because I'd kill anyone who'd do that to you."

"Really? So you'd first kill Aoi and then yourself?" Uruha asked, grinning playfully. He wrapped his legs around Reita and pulled him closer.

"You do know that Kai is here, right? And still you're okay with doing things like that. Or have you two been sharing your little uke secrets?" Reita asked as he placed his hand on the honey-blonde's thigh.

"Well if you and Aoi could be able to be in a same room together without putting up a fight, you'd surely share your seme secrets", Uruha pointed out. Reita laughed and answered: "That's so not gonna happen."

"Hey, Reita... What're you doing here anyways?" Kai asked curiously. Until now he'd just watched the happenings awkwardly while blushing like crazy.

"I just decided to pay a visit to my slaves", Reita replied, but his eyes were still fixed on Uruha.

"Hmm... Y'know, we won't be able to reveal our uke-secrets if you're here", Uruha pointed out.

"But we can do other stuff if I'm here..." Reita purred, making Uruha giggle.

"You do remember that I'm still here, right?" Kai asked. Reita glanced at him and answered: "By 'we' I meant everyone in here. Have you ever gone three-way?"

"WHAT?!" Kai said, not believing what Reita just said. The latter laughed again and said: "Don't worry, I was just joking. Unless you two really wanna go three-way."

"I wouldn't mind", Uruha said with a grin.

"WHAT?!" Kai yelled.

"Jeez, I was just joking!"

"Good, 'cause I gotta go", Kai said bitterly. Uruha bit his lip and asked worriedly: "Where?"

"Um... Just... Somewhere..." Kai stuttered, a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Are you meeting someone?" Uruha asked and Kai shook his head. "Hmm... As long as you're not alone, okay?"

"And people say I'm the worried mother..." Kai muttered. "I'm fine, Uruha, it's not like I'm gonna get in streets or something." And he left.

"Is something wrong?" Reita asked.

"You know Kai's ex, right?" Uruha asked, and as Reita nodded he explained all that had happened, including how Kai's ex had one day visited in the snackshop and how Kai had found a note from his bathroom.

"Oh my God... Are you sure he's okay?" Reita asked worriedly.

"No... I've known him for so short time, but I still feel an urge to protect him", Uruha muttered. He pressed closer to Reita, burying his face into his shoulder and pouted. "I just don't want him to go through pain like that anymore. My past doesn't even compare to his and I feel like an attention- because he is so much stronger than I..."

"Uru, it's okay. He's not any stronger than you, you're not any weaker than him. He needs help just like you needed", Reita murmured into Uruha's hair and his back soothingly. Uruha nodded, and they stayed like that for a long time until they started working again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while... I had a writer's block and I was busy... By the way, are there any suggestions on who Kai's ex will be? Since I don't listen to many popular bands or singers (The only ones are GazettE, Kra, Born, Gackt, Miyavi and Yohio) I don't have many options on who it will be since I want to write about someone who I actually like, but not anyone who none of the readers of this fic know. Until now the only ones I've come up with are Gackt and an OC. I don't want to make Gackt such an since the way I found about Gackt was by reading a fic about GazettE where he also did horrible things to Kai, but those things were even worse than in this one and I was like "No! How can anyone hurt my dear cute uke like that?! I hate Gackt!" and no matter how hard my friend tried to convince me that Gackt is actually awesome, I wouldn't believe it -.-' Eventually I stumbled upon a radio show that had Gackt and Miyavi (I already loved Miyavi at the time) and I fell in love with Gaku-nii and then I watched some interviews and listened to his songs AND I loved him even more. So THAT's why I don't want to make good people too - ish. Actually I've been thinking of Aoi too, but I don't wanna make him a bad guy :/

Um, so, I've got a little request for you people who read this fic (and my other fics)

In my profile in FanFiction.Net (My username is in my profile) there's a list of stories that I'm planning to write at some point. There's like, the title of the story, genres, pairing etc. Most of the stories are about my- I mean, our dear and lovely Gazetto-sama and there's A LOT of them. So, if you could go check that list and comment here (or in my other fics) what story I should start, I'd really appreciate it. You'll get cupcakes made by Kai? *blinks innocently*

Sorry, I just can't decide which one of them I should write since I love all of the ideas... So thank you so much if you're willing to help me out :3 Even though I'm not starting one in a while since I've got so many ongoing stories, but when I finish one story, I'll start another one.

 

Wow... This Author's Note is FIRETRUCKIN' LONG O.O Why do I always end up explaining stuff when I at explaining T.T Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it!