Chapter 1

Shallow Minds (TO BE REWRITTEN INTO A NEW STORY)

-      PRESENT DAY 3 YEARS LATER –

 

 

The building around the corner exploded just as Jinhee sat down

 

“Unnie what exploded again?” Jinhee asked. Everyday something would be destroyed because of the war between gangs. Dahee just sighed as she looked outside the window “The building around the corner just exploded “ she stated.

 

Dahee has been used to Jinhee asking about everything ever since she became blind a year ago.

“Do you think Heeyeon unnie is alright?” Jinhee asked. Dahee never told her younger sister that Heeyeon has been missing since autumn last year.

“Yeah she sent a letter two days ago right” Dahee lied again. She didn’t want to lie to her it’s just that she doesn’t want to worry her even more. Dahee worried even more since the war has been getting more aggressive than ever.

“Oh! Now I remember” Jinhee giggled “She said that she met a new friend and that she wants us to meet them soon.” Dahee gulped as another lie she made was heard.

 

“Girls it’s dinner time already” Key sang. The two girls have been living with Key along with their friends Sungyeol, Minho, Tao, Sungjong, Chen, Jessica and Minah ever since Key and Dahee started dating.

“Yeah we’ll be down in a minute “ Dahee beamed.

“Okay the others downstairs already so don’t complain when they eat everything” Key replied as he shot Dahee a flying kiss and closed the door.

“Aigoo unnie you and Key oppa are so cute to be true,” Jinhee laughed. Even though she didn’t see the flying kiss she knew that Key did something cute like he always did.

“Yeah, but he treats me like his daughter sometimes.” Dahee muttered.

“I think it’s cute though!” Jinhee giggled again. “When will Yongguk oppa and the others sending us a letter again?” Jinhee asked. “Another lie” Dahee thought.

“Maybe next week since delivery takes too long these days “

“I see, well I’ll be going down stairs now”

 

Dahee was left in the room asking for some kind of sign or a hint on where her older sister and B.A.P. are. They went missing around the same time. It was just a normal day when B.A.P. said that they had an emergency to attend to and it sounded really urgent. After a few hours Heeyeon told Dahee to take care of Jinhee and that she loved them more than anything in the world. Dahee remembered that Heeyeon even said that she’d try her best to come home early that night before she stepped out of the door. Dahee wasn’t stupid she knew that something was up and it was probably related to gangs and after taking a little adventure in her sister’s room she saw a envelope that had ‘READ IF UNNIE DOESN’T RETURN AFTER A WHILE ‘. The letter had all sorts of things written in it but mainly it was telling them to move away. Dahee got the message and as her sister requested in the letter she lied to Jinhee and told her that Heeyeon and B.A.P. had taken separate trips and that it would take them a while to go back. Jinhee believed because Dahee used a job offer as an alibi. Dahee and Jinhee miss Heeyeon a lot. In reality Dahee never heard from Heeyeon after she left them but she believed that she’ll be back one day.

 

“Hey let’s eat now” Key called from down stairs snapping Dahee out of her thoughts.

“Yeah I’m coming down!” she exclaimed.

Key greeted her as she arrived down the stairs “ What took you so long?” he asked

“Well… I’ve been thinking about some things,” she mumbled

“ Everyone’s waiting let’s go. ” he said after he kissed her cheek.

“ I thought you were a diva now you’re being such a skinship monster “ Dahee giggled

“Well I make certain exemptions” he laughed “besides don’t you like it when I do cute things?” he continued

“I like it ‘cause you know… I’m an exemption” Dahee giggled for the nth time.

 

As they arrived at the dining room they  saw the usual scene

 

 

Chen and Jessica arguing because of some prank Chen did, Minah was talking animatedly with Tao about high jumps while the two towers, Minho and Sungyeol were teasing Sungjong and Jinhee because according to them they’ll be a couple soon. It was the usual loud and crazy scene everyone has been familiar with.

“Yah! Everyone shut up and eat your food!” Key yelled as he was getting annoyed since his mother mode was acting up again. No one listened of course as Key’s veins at his head popped.

“Let them be it’s been like this since day one, do you honestly think they’ll shut up?” Dahee laughed as her left hand touched Key’s right one.

Though Key would never admit it he was really fond of them and the noise they’re making.

“Yeah… whatever…” he mumbled

 

Half an hour went by and they finished their food. Ever since the war started food was a little bit harder to find so they would stock up a lot whenever they would find some along the way. They were lucky compared to the other people who were weak and had no energy to even buy food because going outside means that they may have to risk their lives since you will never know when a gang would suddenly appear out of nowhere and shoot you for fun.

They heard their door open harshly and everyone suddenly became quiet.

“Go to the basement with Jinhee, Sungjong protect her okay!” Dahee ordered

Sungjong nodded “Come on Jinhee” he said smiling gently although she can’t see him he wanted to smile at her because he really loved her.

As the two went down the remaining people took out their weapons from under the table. They slowly stood up and dispersed ready to take down whoever went inside their house.

 

Everyone in their household are actually survivors of gang wars so after their attacks they trained in fighting. They all met one another while moving cities so their bond is really close.

 

“What the actual ?” Dahee hissed as she saw someone familiar outside their house with the attackers.