Epilogue: Eternally Love

Eternally Love (A Twin Hearts Spin-Off)

   I open my eyes and sit up. I don't recognize the place. Where am I? Why am I here? What happened? I simply can't remember a thing except one fact: my name. I stand up and look around only to see people in white wandering around as if they were lost and clueless too. I look at my clothes and notice that I'm in all-white as well. I walk around with my hands inside my pockets when I accidentally bump onto someone. A paper falls from his/her hand. I bend down to retrieve the item. That's weird. Why is my name written on the paper?  I stand up and look at the person I bumped with. It's a girl who's dressed up in white too. She's very beautiful and her expression is so serene. I hand her the paper that contains my name. Do I know her? I don't exactly know.

   "Um... I think this is yours," I say. She smiles and takes it from me. She reads what was written on the paper and frowns. "Why? What's wrong?" I ask. 

   "There's a name written on this paper and I have no clue as to who it is. I just... I woke up a while ago and somehow... I was holding this paper," she says with a confused expression.

   "What's the name?" I ask, feigning oblivion, even though I already know it. I just wanted to confirm that what I saw is true.

   "It says 'Jo Kwangmin' but I mean... who is he?" she answers and frowns again. I take my other hand out of my pocket to tell her that I am him when she suddenly bends down and picks up a paper from the ground. "It um... fell from your pocket," she says and hands me the paper. I smile at her as a sign of 'thank you.' I take the paper from her and unfold it. Lee Seol. A name too? Who is this person?

   "Mine has a name too," I tell her. She looks at me with curiosity.

   "What is it?" she asks.

   "Lee Seol but I don't know her. Gosh, I don't even know anyone. I can't remember a single thing and the only knowledge I have is my own name and now well... a stranger's name," I answer with a sigh. What's with people having a piece of paper with them and with someone else's name written on it? Or maybe it's just us. I look at her and see her eyes wide open and so is . I stifle a laugh and ask, "Why are you staring at me like that?"

   "I... my name is Lee Seol," she says. My eyes widen in surprise and I hold her shoulder.

   "Actually, I am Jo Kwangmin," I tell her.

 

   "Who are you?" we ask at the same time. Did we use to know one another?

 

 

   Seol and I decided to start anew and be friends. We concluded that maybe we knew each other back then. We also met other people and became friends with them. No one looked familiar to me though. All were new faces. What happened? Why can't we all remember a thing aside from our names? We're all wondering where we are and what we are suppose to do here. Then someone came up to us.

   "I'm Kwanghee and I've heard that we're all just souls now. We are in the afterlife," the person named Kwanghee informs us. Souls? Is he trying to tell us that we're dead? Afterlife? As in we're in heaven? So many questions and yet so little answers.

   "What?" someone with blue eyes asks. His name is Xander.

   "It is said that once we've accepted our fate we would all go here in the afterlife and all our memories are gonna be washed away," Kwanghee says. Just then I feel nauseous. Images of events flash on my mind in fastforward motion. I feel so overwhelmed. I hold onto my head and groan in pain. What's happening?  

 

   What were those images? Who were those people? It was so fast that I barely recognized the people. It was all just a blur. What just happened? Seol approaches me and asks me if I was alright. Suddenly, an image flashed across my mind. It was an image of a girl wearing what seemed like a wedding gown. Kwanghee approaches me too. Another image flashed. It was a guy who was smiling warmly at me. Kwanghee? Seol?

   "Hey, what's wrong?" Kwanghee asks with concern. I look at him and the image flashes on my mind again causing me to crouch in agony. "Yah..."

   "Kwangmin-ah, what's happening?" Seol asks. Then images of the same girl in wedding gown overwhelms me. The girl... she looks like... Seol!? I look at her and images continue to flash on my mind as if it was a movie being reeled back. Just then, I faint and everything goes black. What's that supposed to mean? Why were Seol's and Kwanghee's images flashed on my mind? Were they somehow two important people to me that I'm priveleged to meet once again?

 

 

   Faint voices whispering around me stirred me up in my sleep. My eyes flutter open and I scan my surroundings. The people talking comes to a halt when they see me awake. Seol immediately approaches me with tears in her eyes and then she bear hugs me.

   "Pabo! (Stupid/Fool) I thought something bad happened to you. Don't scare me like that," she says in between sobs.

   "W...what happened?" I asked in confusion.

   "You suddenly fainted earlier," Xander answers. Fainted? Why? Suddenly, a man with huge wings approaches me with a smile plastered on his face. He asks Seol and the others to go out for a while. After making sure that they were out of ear shot the man sits on the edge of the bed. I sit up.

   "How are you feeling, young man?" he asks with such a calm and soothing voice. He's definitely an angel; considering that he has wings and he has that aura in him that makes you feel peaceful. "Does your head still hurt?" he adds. Oh, that's right. I fainted because of all the overwhelming pain and images. What exactly were those anyway?

   "Um... no, I feel much better now. Hey uh... can I ask you something?" I ask him. He nods in response. "Why... Why did I have all the images flashed on my mind? What was that suppose to mean? Why were Seol's and Kwanghee's images there too?"

   "Young man, it seems that you're still trapped in the past. You haven't fully accepted your fate but rather you were forced and pressured. Because of your desire to set Kwanghee free, you've decided to 'accept' your fate even though you weren't prepared. Didn't you write Seol's name on a piece of paper before you came here? You weren't wholeheartedly willing to let go. You still held onto the past, your memories. You did not want to let go of your memories eventhough it contained bad ones because Seol was there. You did not want to lose her. What happened earlier was a temporary flashback," he answers. I'm so confused right now. If I didn't "fully accept" my fate then, what am I doing here?

   I look at him and ask, "Seol wrote my name too but how come she... she didn't"

   "Did not experience it?" he asks, cutting me midsentence. I just nod. "Well, you were the only one who really just forced yourself to move on. You weren't ready. Seol, on the other hand, was prepared because she believed that you would meet again. She accepted her fate and held onto the belief that you will one day reunite. You assured her that you believe too but in all actuality, you didn't entirely believe. You still had your doubts about it but just to make her happy you agreed anyway. She held onto that belief with your reassurance. She let go of her past but you did not," he adds.

   "Then why am I here?" I ask. He smiles at me and pats my shoulder.

   "Young man, you had to fulfill her desire to meet you again. That's why you were brought here because you have a mission to accomplish," he answers and stands up. He spreads his wings.

   "Mission? What mission?" I ask in confusion. For all I know, once a person dies it means that his mission on earth has finished. But then again this is the afterlife. Who knows? Maybe we do have missions here too. The man smiles warmly at me.

   "Didn't you vow to her once that you'll make her happy? That's your mission: to make Seol happy by your side. Young man, sometimes death can lead us to a wonderful adventure way beyond our imagination. Death can lead you too to the person you're destined with. So people who say that there's no such thing as soulmates well... there is. The word was just used in another way on earth but the term 'soulmates' really mean that even until death you'll be together. Your souls are gonna be together for eternity. You won't ever separate no matter cicumstances or obstacles you go through. Besides, afterlife is the epitome of perfection so no harm can ever come upon you. Kwangmin, make Seol happy okay? She'll remember you soon. You are, after all, soulmates," he answers in a speech-like manner. Make Seol happy? She's my soulmate? Death can lead people to their eternal love? "Always remember that things happen for a reason," the angel adds and grins at me. Before I could ask further, the angel vanishes. He just disappeared like a bubble. What was that all about?

 

 

   Minutes turned to hours and hours to days then months. I've been distant to Seol all this time. I was scared. I am scared. Will she really remember me? When do I know if I've accepted my fate? Suddenly, I spot Seol a few meters from where I am. Is she... crying? 'Afterlife is the epitome of perfection,' the voice of the angel who said those words echoes in my ears. If it is so then, why is Seol crying? Why is she sad? 'That's your mission: to make Seol happy by your side,' the voice echoes again. I nod and gather all my courage and approach her. I bend down to her level and cup her face. She gives me a frightened look. I smile at her and wipe her tears.

   "What's wrong, Seol-ah? Why are you crying?" I ask. She looks away and heaves a sigh before looking back at me.

   "I... I died on my wedding day. I really loved this man I was to be married to. I was devastated. I wanted to be able to breathe again and stay by his side but then... a certain man came along. He taught me to be happy. He taught me to smile again. I love him but then we got separated when we accepted our fate. Then... I meet him again. He's the man whose name was written on a paper. I love him but he suddenly distanced himself away from me like I was some kind of disease or something," she answers and another tear escapes her eye. The sadness she feels is evident in her eyes. She holds my hand and says, "Kwangmin-ah, I love you so please don't leave me alone. It hurts a lot. Didn't you once promise to make me happy? How can I be happy when my only happiness seems like... he doesn't treasure me anymore?"

   I wipe away her tears with my thumb before pulling her into a hug. I soothe her back and her hair. "Please stop crying, Seol-ah. I'm sorry I... I didn't mean to hurt you I was just...scared. I promise I'll never avoid you again. I'll make you happy," I say. She pulls away and looks at me.

   "Just to have you by my side is enough, Kwangmin," she says.

   "I love you," I say instead. I pull her closer to me and press my lips on hers. I could feel her smiling and so I smile too. I pull away for a moment just to tell her something. "I'm gonna love you for eternity," I say before kissing her again.

    [THE END]

-

Final Corner

Kwangmin: That's it, we hope you guys are satisfied with the ending ^^

Seol: Im'ma miss you guys! :'(

Junssi: Thanks for subscribing & commenting. I'll be reply on all your comments, okay? ^^~ Keep 'em coming and please don't unsubscribe. Sorry for the others who weren't satisfied with the finale and I hope this epilogue satisfied your needs :3 Sorry that it took so long for me to post this though :'( I've been busy lately with helping out in the office XD THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D

 

Are any of you EXO fans in here? If you are, please check out my new fic. "A Fairytale Twist" I'm hoping to see... err interact with some of you there. ^^ Thank you and goodbye. This is really the end TT______TT I'm gonna miss writing Twin Hearts and this one. <\3

 

PS: Forgive me if you spot several typos and/or grammatical errors here and there. I'm too lazy to re-read and edit ;A; Mianhae~ *bow bow*

PSS: Kakaotalk? Twitter? Instagram? Follow/Add me ^u^ I shall follow back :3 1.) CassieBBLS 2.) @jesXOTIC 3.) junssi

*for insta. people, please introduce yourselves so I can follow back XD