Wonderland

On The Days To Come

 

     The profound darkness of the room was nothing compared to the person who sits on the bed alone, and the freezing winter was just as the same. The heater wasn't on, and despite how his body shivered, he stayed sat to his place, not even making an effort to move a finger to the blanket that fell onto the wooden floor.

 

     It was cold, dark, and painful. It's as if a gun had went through his heart, except there was no blood, no pain, no nothing. Only the moon, tonight, witnessed everything and pitied the boy, but done absolutely little. It could only shine, along with the stars, through the windows, like every single person he had met. Sure there were words of, so called, 'comfort' but he knew it was out of courtesy, a facade to keep up for appearance's sake.

 

     He mentally snorted at how fake people can be, but noted how no one was actually true to him, except... that person. She, unlike those people, smiled like the sun; bright and unwavering. It brought him misery to even have a single thought of her, yet no tear fell.

 

     At every ticking moment of his life, he was slipping through the cracks of dark eternity with nothing but his pain and the paralyzing agony, and he shivered at that thought, but nevertheless he couldn't jump out of that hole now, as if he was stuck in wonderland. 

 

     He made a slight movement and looked at the window, as a sudden thought crossed his mind. It was now the darkness that is manipulating him and his well being, the rabbit who enticed him and played with his mind wouldn't stop asking: "What time is it? I'm late! And you're late! You know what time is it, right?". He smiled, a devious smile, as he knew what the answer for that question was, and stood up for the first time in the longest time after the accident.

 

     He walked towards the window, in a mechanical way, as if a puppet would've walked.

 

     Maybe this was a dream. Maybe nothing else is real, and maybe this would take the pain away; to the pathway of wonderland. He thought as he took another step; cold sweet peered down his forehead, and time slowed down momentarily, as if his decision would be the beginning of the end of the world, his world.

 

     He took every ounce of energy he had and smashed the window, the winter air blowing in his room, making it colder than as it is. He crouched down and took one of the window shards, reluctant than ever. He was tired of all the pain and of the misery inside, and suddenly he knew that he couldn't break free from the darkness that tied and encircled him from the past few weeks. He knew that the rabbit had no time left, and he could not wait. She could not wait. 

 

    Will tomorrow ever come? Will I make it t hrough the night? Will there ever be a place for the broken in the light?

 

     He asked himself, but he already knew the answer, and what he wanted. He was tired of waiting, he was tired of everything and he had no choice left. No choice...

 

     Uncertainty enveloped his mind, and If he made another move, he was certain there will be no more turning back, but as darkness took his right arm and pulled it up, like a violin, he slashed again and again; a beautiful red seeped onto the cold floor, soon becoming one with the coldness. The rich metallic shade of red shone under the moonlight, and so was his pearly white teeth that smiled at the sight of his dark wonderland.