Cupcakes

I Heart Vampires

Chapter 2

Blood+Drip+%282%29.jpg

                Sungmin finally sat up to look over at his best friend. “Hyukjae, wha—what,” his eyes enlarged, “What the hell are you doing?”

                “What do you think I’m doing? I’m uploading the chapters to our fansite! The rest of the Lusters have a right to know.” He said calmly; simply not understanding why Sungmin was so shocked with his decision.

                “No, no, Hyukkie don’t—”

 

                Eunhyuk pulled back from the computer and shot his arms in to the air. “I DID it! The rest of the Lusters had a right to know!”

                Sungmin glared at him. His eyes bore holes in Hyukjae’s. The anger built inside of him. “What did you do? You released something to the world. Everyone will see those chapters—including BoA. We could get in a lot of trouble! YOU could get into a lot of trouble! Why are you so reckless?!” Sungmin shouted.

                The victorious smile on Hyukjae’s face dissipated with the rest of his happy thoughts. A grave expression took its place.  Sungmin finally stormed out of the room and slammed the front door. Hyukjae sat on the corner of his bed and ran his hands through his hair.

                “Why... did... I... do... t-that?” He asked himself—choking on his tears.

Blood+Drip+%282%29.jpg

                The next morning, after a restless night, Hyukjae was pacing the width of his room. Thoughts of how to fix the predicament failed to come forth—resulting in a more frustrated boy. He turned to his computer and an idea finally came to mind. He quickly sat down in the computer chair and the webcam. Before he knew it, the red light flashed and he was on air.

                “Hey… guys. This is Eunhyuk. I have a problem and I need your help. How do you apologize personally to someone really close to you? I messed up… big time. I don’t know how to fix it this time,” he held in his tears, “Thanks. I need your help.”

Blood+Drip+%282%29.jpg

                Hyukjae carefully iced the “blood-filled” cupcakes a fan suggested for him to make for Sungmin. The silver knife playfully glided across the frosting-covered top—creating a mountain of the white goo on the moist yellow cake.

                A creak from the door sounded in the brunette’s ears and he quickly turned around to see his best friend at the entrance. Hyukjae stood in the kitchen dumb-struck for a moment before realizing his only chance to apologize is only a few steps away.

                Without forgetting to pull in a lungful of air, he walked to the man standing in the doorway staring back at him. Hyukjae quickly revealed a cupcake hiding behind his back and protruded his arm out to Sungmin.

                “Blood-filled cupcakes. Minnie, I’m sorry, I don’t know what I was thinking,” Hyukjae confessed, “I just wanted our fans to be happy. I didn’t mean to…” his voice trailed off—his words clearly evident in guilt.

                Sungmin suppressed a smile and sighed exaggeratedly. “What am I going to do with you?” he asked playfully as he took the cupcake out of the other’s outstretched hands. Pulling off the heavy backpack and relieving the pain in his lower back, Sungmin carefully placed the bag on the ground beside him. Without neglecting the appealing sweet in his hand, he carefully pulled off the cupcake wrapper. “I was actually coming here to talk to you about that… I was thinking and I understand why you wanted our fans to see the chapters. I think I went overboard when I was yelling at you… I shouldn’t have done that. You just wanted to make our fans happy. I’m sorry, too.”

                Hyukjae’s lips revealed his gums as he smiled and engulfed Sungmin in a hug. “I don’t know what I’d do without you!” Both laughed at the familiar statement—both easily realizing Hyukjae has said it after every one of their fights.

                Sungmin took a quick bite into the sugar-delivery device. The inside was indeed filled with a dark red icing and the notion made Sungmin smile wider than before. “Come on, I think you need to try one of those cupcakes of yours. They’re seriously good,” Sungmin stated truthfully and his tongue quickly the vanilla frosting off of the lower part of his lip.

                “Really? I can’t believe I didn’t burn them this time… knowing my cooking, you must’ve been feeling really sentimental or you wanted to die when you accepted the cupcake,” Hyukjae teased, “I’m surprised you’re still alive!”

                “You better run.”

Blood+Drip+%282%29.jpg

                The two boys sat around in the living room that evening with a hot bowl of ramen in their grasp. Their eyes focused on the TV and the program currently on at the time. Flashing colors revealed a news reporter frantically explaining the condition of a hurricane occurring on the other side of the country as the whipping winds harshly tossed him around like a limp doll.

                Hyukjae tore his gaze away from the TV and to his piping bowl of ramen. He skillfully wrapped the noodles around his fork and stuck the whole thing in his happily waiting mouth.

                “Up next: The famous and nationally recognized author of the Blood Lust series, BoA Kwon makes an announcement that will shock the world. See you after the break!” The anchor says with an emotionally wavering voice: first it’s serious, next it’s flabbergasted, and finally it’s perky and sickly enthusiastic.

                Hyukjae’s head jerks up and his eyes quickly look to Sungmin in shock and confusion. “Do… do you think it’s… about her new book?” he barely manages to ask. Negative thoughts swarm in and take control of his mind process.

                Sungmin’s face mirrored Hyukjae’s shock and confusion. Both of them hoped, somehow, they had both misheard the anchor.  “For some reason, I hope it isn’t.”

Blood+Drip+%282%29.jpg

Hey, oh hi! I'm actually updating! Surprising, I know! XD 

Tell moi what you think of this chapter!

Also, I have question for you! Answer in the comments! Tell me your bias list for Super Junior and I'll tell you mine in my next update! :D

Bye for now! :)