The News's News

I Heart Vampires

Chapter 3

Blood+Drip+%282%29.jpg

 

 

                “Up next: The famous and nationally recognized author of the Blood Lust series, BoA Kwon makes an announcement that will shock the world. See you after the break!” The anchor says with an emotionally wavering voice: first it’s serious, next it’s flabbergasted, and finally it’s perky and sickly enthusiastic.

                Hyukjae’s head jerks up and his eyes quickly look to Sungmin in shock and confusion. “Do… do you think it’s… about her new book?” he barely manages to ask. Negative thoughts swarm in and take control of his mind process.

                Sungmin’s face mirrored Hyukjae’s shock and confusion. Both of them hoped, somehow, they had both misheard the anchor.  “For some reason, I hope it isn’t.”

Blood+Drip+%282%29.jpg

                The commercial break was excruciating: the flashing colors, loud jingles, and countless fake-expressions. Finally, the loud noises of trumpets sounded the rest of the news’ theme song. The anchor appeared and with the same animated expression as before and he said, “Lindsay Brandon is at the Lakesville Conference Center now, covering a live report on BoA Kwon and her big announcement. Lindsay, are you there?”

                The screen then flickered and a slim-figured woman appeared with a grimace plastered on her thin face. Quickly, she noticed the cameraman’s signal, and her face morphed into a serious, more professional look. She then held the enormous black microphone to her pursed lips and said loudly, “Hi Brandon. I’m currently reporting at the Lakesville Conference Center where the renowned and self-acclaimed author, BoA Kwon, is supposedly making an important anno—oh! She’s on!” She quickly shooed the camera in the direction of the stage.

                The woman stood there, making sure to make eye contact with every camera. Her jet black hair was long and lay past her shoulders. Her eyes were stone cold—showing no sign of emotion except for seriousness. She finally took a seat and took in a breath—almost as if she was hiding an annoyed sigh. She sat in the chair stiffly as she fanned herself with her manicured hand, for the room was hot from the hundreds of bodies present.

                “Thank you, reporters and fans, for coming out to hear this important notice. I will make this short. Seven chapters of my latest book have been leaked.” She stopped and let the audience roar in gasps of shock, and continued, “They were stolen and published on a fan site of some sort. I am extremely disappointed.” She stopped for a moment to look in the sea of raised microphones and flashing light of cameras.

                “Uh, Mrs. Kwon, will you be continuing the writing of your latest book?” a nervous reporter asked.

                “I thought I made this clear in my statement before,” she said—clearly annoyed, “I will not finish the series. I hope the culprits of this feel guilty.”

                And they did. Hyukjae’s stare bore holes in the TV as he gaped. His jaw had dropped in utter shock and tears finally made their way into his eyes. “Wh-what did I do? I… I ruined it. For everybody. I-I can’t believe it.” He managed to say as rays of saltwater made their way down his cheeks.

                Sungmin was just as surprised. His eyes widened and looked from the TV to Hyukjae to make sure BoA’s words were true. “Hyukjae…” he started, “you—no—we will figure something out to get this resolved.”

                The latter looked at him in disbelief. Thoughts of being caught by the police tormented his brain and rendered him unable to think of a solution.

                “…I want to thank you again for coming out… bye,” BoA said before quickly exiting the stage. Sungmin quickly turned off the TV as the screen then flashed back to Lindsay. To get the other in better spirits, he walked into the kitchen and returned with two blood-filled cupcakes in both of his hands.

                After handing one to Hyukjae, the other managed to mumble out a faint ‘thanks Ming.’ Throwing the wrapper aside, he pouted at the other. “Remember the quote on page 78 in the second book we love so much, ‘Humans and blood are the same. They provide happiness for a bit, but they dry up and wane away. The one thing that will forever remain the same is my heart and its beating.’

                “Look, Hyukkie, Aiden said it himself. The simple things won’t last long. BoA… she has a reason to be upset, but, she can’t get the message from her own writing. Aiden, in her books, constantly tries to preserve the things dear to him as he faces losses constantly. She just needs to realize that she needs this series because so many fans hold it dear to them.”

                Hyukjae’s mind sparked and he sat up. “We can bring it back… we can bring back the series everyone loves so much. We can save it like Aiden does with Luna. …Let’s go see BoA! I can explain why I posted the chapters and maybe she’ll understand!”

                “One problem: we don’t have a car.”

                “I know of someone who has a car… we’re just going to have to do a lot of convincing.”

                “I’m the best with my puppy eyes.”

                “You haven’t met him, have you? The evil ones are the only ones who can tolerate the cuteness,” Hyukjae said playfully.

Blood+Drip+%282%29.jpg

                The next day, the two boys walked to Hyukjae’s parent’s house. The supposed guy, his parent’s neighbor, was the only one that could lend them a car without any sense of charge. Approaching the house, Sungmin grew nervous. The front seemed as if it was like a normal house, but the Halloween decorations scattered throughout the yard made the house seem downright creepy. Hyukjae weakly smiled at Sungmin and walked up to the front door, making sure to step over a gravestone on the way. Sungmin reluctantly followed behind, his face disapproving.

                Hyukjae knocked on the door somewhat boldly. The door opened after the lock was unlatched with a 'click'.

Blood+Drip+%282%29.jpg

**NOT PROOFREAD** XD

A/N: What… what did I just write? XD Sorry for the late update! I’m finished with my EOCs (End of Course Exams) but my finals are coming up in 2 weeks… wish me luck! I’ll be writing so I can update while I’m studying :) Love you guys! See you soon!

 

-ALMOST FORGOT- Last update I had you guys say your bias in Super Junior so here's mine:

1. Eunhyuk

2. Donghae

3. Kyuhyun and Siwon

4. Leeteuk

5. Sungmin

And yes, I only go up to five. I like these six a little more than the rest, but I still love every boy in Super Junior, including Henry and Zhoumi <3

 

Next question: What is your favorite OTP moment? Leave it in the comments below :)