Just the beginning.

Sitting by the Window.
Just the Beginning--
 
The school had started three weeks earlier and everything was calm, so far. Of course people fought in between classes, at lunch and after classes. Of course there were many threats. Some kind of idiot even thought him and his little gang of losers could take over the school and push down Kyuhyun and his little gang. It didn’t work, but for them, for that school; it was a calm year. That’s until the rumors of a new kid, some thug with a heartless soul was coming to town, got to their ears. Some smiled others growled. Yet most were happy with the news only because it was a new soul to torture, to make fun of. The entire school against the new kid; how hard yet fun could it be? So if fights were declared after almost nothing before, now it was as if a breath insulted everyone around, including the ones who usually didn’t care for fighting. 
Only the day the new kid was rumored to arrive, everything was eerie calm. Most students had arrived a bit early to see the new kid arrive and make him do the walk of shame. They were still waiting and the more they waited the more their anger boiled and boiled. Cracking their knuckles, some guy screamed out when he noticed a figure he didn’t recognize. People struggled to the windows and pushed one another, trying to be the first to see the complete figure of the guy. He seemed so small, so thin, and so short, from far away that people lost interest in him very quickly. Most people forget that awesomeness can come in small packages too. They were all returning to their usual things, already bored. Yet only a couple of people were still curious about this guy. 
Donghae was one of the only ones left staring at the guy from some window, smiling softly to himself he saw that the guy was wearing pink shoes which made him chuckle. Yeah, there were rumors that said this guy was badass and ruthless; that he’d things up at their school. Hae didn’t believe them before and sure as hell didn’t believe them now. The guy was swaying into the school and Hae had to catch a glimpse more to see what this guy was made of. He exited the class, running away and almost bumped into many people, but always escaping the collision. He arrived at the main hall and saw the guy walking like he owned the place, his smile big to everyone he looked at. Donghae smiled slightly and observed the guy. He was extremely thin, not very tall, about the same height as Hae himself, and had thin locks of hair peeking out from his baseball cap. Some were strawberry blond as others were a dusty pink. Hae hummed, pleased. Yes, this will be a fantastic subject to manipulate and even break down. 
  
The subject of his study never noticed Hae. Actually, he never took notice of anyone around him. People started fighting in front of him, and him just kind of danced around them a bit, before continuing on his way, His steps were long and precise. People started noticing him, but nobody did a thing. Afraid of what would happen if the new goods were damaged before getting to the school’s prince, or king. He kind of did rule the school with more than just his charms. He rules the school because he was entitled too… Or something like that. Prince, king; who cares anyways? Wasn’t it the same thing, at the end. Be it a king or a prince; the guy had been ruling the school for so long, it was a mystery as to how he did it. 
 
Everyone was staring, curious about this oddity, this new kid that wore a large baseball cap with different types of studs. Some were even shaped like animals and others typical studs… It was pretty fascinating to watch him walk down the hall and ignore everyone around, as if he was used to schools like this one, even if this school is one of a kind in South Korea…  
 
Hae was still watching him, even going as far as following the guy to see where he was going. With even steps, he walked and walked until the guy reached the gymnasium. Gymnasium which was a bit... Let’s say that it wasn’t very pretty, far from it actually it was somewhat dirty with many tags sprayed on the walls. And yet the guy entered and looked around before turning towards the door and smiling to the brunet who was following him. 
 
“And what had you mind, following me like that?” Said the soft voice of the new boy. 
“Eh? Ah, nothing much. I just wanted to, you know, warn you of this guy. He’s kind of the prince here and quite scary. You have to stay clear of him and his little group of friends. They’re pure evil. They’ll make you beg for mercy if you do a wrong move and you know… They’re not quite nice. So, stay clear from them, okay?” 
“And who are they? And why should I stay clear from them?” 
“Kyuhyun and his friends. And didn’t I just say why you should stay away from them? They are evil.” Hae said with an exasperated tone.  
“I’ll see that for myself, ne?” Said Hyuk as he walked past the guy and the doors of the gymnasium. Hae stayed where he was, cursing lightly because this guy wasn’t one of those who believed everything people said. Kyuhyun is one dangerous son of a , and Hae sure as well wasn’t going to let the guy walk around like he owned the place. Hae smiled at the prospect of doing what he does best. 
 
Hae decided not to follow the guy, to go talk with him later. Slowly walking towards the class he was assigned to, people slowly made way for him. He smirked to himself and leisurely waved at people staring. They didn’t like to make way to Donghae, but they had no other choice. Some people stayed longer into his way, but a lift of his eyebrow made them grumble and walk away. He may not be Kyuhyun, but he had a set of followers and a set of rules people obeyed to. But just to make things clear, he wasn’t the little gang that had tried to pull a revolution. He wasn’t dumb and also, he found no interest in controlling people. He was more of a follower. 
 
When he entered the classroom, he soon noticed a strawberry blond and dusty pink hawk at the back, near the window. Ah, so the new student was already in the class, already seated and he was seated where Donghae’s friend loved to be seated… The friend Donghae is talking about would be Kyuhyun, of course. With fake nerves popping on his face, the brunet walked towards the seated student and whispered lightly when he was close enough for only the new student to hear what he had to say… If only people weren’t so curious as to what Donghae was doing, nobody would’ve heard. 
 
“New kid, you see, I don’t want to disrupt whatever you’re doing, but, you see, that place is kind of taken already.” 
“Yours?” Asked the new student with a sly smile, as if he knew exactly whose seat it was, as if he knew Kyuhyun could appear any minute and blow up his steam on him… As if he actually knew that he was in danger and loved it. 
“No, you see these seats belong to those I was talking you about. Kyuhyun and his friends. I wouldn’t stay there, Kyhyun-ssi could walk in here any minute and it will become ugly very quickly. He rules this school for a reason you know?” Said Donghae with a nervous edge to his voice, wringing his hands and fingers in every direction.   
“Ah yes, those students. Well, I always prefer sitting where I can see most people in the classroom and you know, it’s always prettier near a window and all the other windows-seats are taken, I just couldn’t pass up this place. I’m sorry if it’s in their way, but I’m not changing places. Thank you for telling me in advance though. Please don’t worry.” The guy said in a calm voice and Donghae signed to himself and walk towards a random seat and sat down, looking at the door with anticipation. 
 
It didn’t take long before the classroom became silent and a student followed by a group entered. Everybody looked at the new comers and then looked at the new kid with anticipation, waiting for quick bloodshed. Kyuhyun, the first of the little group to enter, walked towards his seat and stopped in front of the desk, looking at the new kid with the pink shoes with a frown. His flock of friends followed him and after looking over his shoulder saw the kid sitting at a place he shouldn’t have even looked at. Yet they knew Kyuhyun would be able to get the kid out of the seat quickly enough, so they took their respective chairs and sat themselves. Eunhyuk glancing quietly at everyone around and smirked when he noticed an empty seat near the one he was already seated at. Ah~ 
 
“Get off my seat.” 
“Eh? Oh sorry, I didn’t know this seat was assigned to someone already.” The new kid lied easily, making all those who had seen Donghae talk with the new kid frown. The new kid got up from the seat, making everyone stare in disbelief. He was giving up easily, lucky for him actually, but sad for everyone around… The wanted blood and blood they didn’t get. He stayed in front of the chair a bit before a raised eyebrow made him bow in submission and move towards the front of the desk. “I’ll go find myself a new seat, sorry.” 
 
As Kyuhyun was about to be seated, Hyukjae walked towards the back of the classroom and kicked the chair out from under Kyuhyun seated position, making him collapse on the hard ground. With a grunt that made people, especially Kyuhyun’s friends get up in disbelief. Wasn’t that guy collapsing under Kyuhyun’s glare just seconds ago? Kyu’s friends, who had been seated moments ago, walked towards the guy who wasn’t facing them, but the back of the class, hiding his smirk. Donghae, who had wide eyes as he followed the scene, almost got up from his chair, but stayed put. Not yet. Just… Not yet. 
 
The kid with the pink shoes and with strikes of pink hair, turned towards the deafening class with a shocked expression. He stuttered nonsense nobody understood except maybe Kyuhyun who was close enough to hear it. Whatever the guy said made Kyuhyun get up from the floor and push the new kid against the wall, holding his collar in a tight fist.  
 
“You little piece of-“ 
“Neh.” Said the new comer. “Could you please leave my collar alone, it did nothing to you. And also, please back away, you’re a little close for this first encounter. I don’t even know your full name, Kyuhyun. I’m not those type of people whom fall at handsome guys feet at the touch of a collar. I’m not that type of girl, you see.” Said Eunhyuk with a smirk, bringing his hand towards the hand on his collar and patted, yes patted the hand. As a response, Kyuhyun brought his face closer to the new comer and Eunhyuk puckered his lips and kissed the tallest cheek before prying himself out of the other’s clutch, but was soon caught by the wrist and the leader’s little friends were all forming a wall that Eunhyuk just couldn’t cross without using a bit of footwork. 
 
“Eh, you’re not seriously thinking about beating me up, right? All of you against me, that wouldn’t be fair. Please consider this a small token for my love towards the ruler’s ty ruling over this school: I’ll beat each of you up, only if you don’t go trying to beat me up all at once.” Throwing his weight on one foot and the other, resembling strangely like a boxer ready for a fight. 
“Yah! You, disrespectful, little piece of er of ing s. We don’t like arrogant people like you. We beat them up, actually. You’re not the first to think you’re better than us, but seriously we won’t tolerate this any longer. Kyuhyun, say the word and he’s going down.” Said a strong voice for a small person. And Kyuhyun was about to say, let’s do this piece of in, when Donghae got up from his seat and bowed in front of Kyuhyun earning chuckles from everyone around. He even got on his knees to bow properly.  
“It’s my fault, Kyuhyun-hyung. I did not tell him the rules when he entered and I shall take full responsibility. Please leave him be, it will not happen again. He will be a faithful servant of prince Kyuhyun.” Said a shaking Donghae, an edge of something in his voice.  
“So you’ll take the beating instead of this new kid? How noble of you. How honorable. Taken a liking to him already? You know, I like this idea of yours. From now on, he will be under your responsibility. See if he still thinks he’s better than us when he sees someone else getting beaten up for his mistakes.” With a twist of his hand, the guys pulled Donghae out of the class and soon people heard a lot of sounds. Sounds that were hardly good. They heard grunts and pleadings and kicks and even a body hitting a wall… When Donghae entered the class, his face was alright, but his body seemed to hurt. People were smiling when they saw that. This was what they loved to see, even if it was Donghae and not the new kid. The guy bowed again before getting up from the floor after falling because of weakness and when he lifted his eyes he saw that Eunhyuk, the new comer, was sitting in the prince’s place, looking at Donghae with a slight smile. Did he really save such a person from Kyuhyun's clutch? Was he stupid or what!

 

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed.