Finding Out The Truth

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"Wonnie, where are you?" Hyukjae threw himself on the couch as he spoke through his mobile phone. He looked nervous. He has been thinking about the incident with Nina yesterday. He never meet someone like Nina before. He was curious and feeling insecure. He could feel that Nina was not just ordinary girl. She knows something about him, about what he was. So he decided to call Siwon up in the morning.

"I need to tell you about something. I think someone might know about me. About what I am.. that is."

"What do you mean?"

"I just met this girl." Hyukjae started the conversation. "She's Donghae's client. We shook hands and soon as her hand met mine I could feel something.... strange."

"Strange?"

"Yeah, my hand felt like burning.." Hyukjae observed his own hand as he spoke. He saw nothing happen to it but he still remember clearly how it felt like when their hands unite. "And the way she looked at me... she knew, Siwon. I'm certain she knew what I am!!"

"Oh I think I know. She's not a threat, Hyukjae."

"Wait," Hyukjae frowned. "You know this girl?"

"Nina..." Siwon said with a big sigh. "Yeah I know her. I mean.. I know her family."

Hyukjae bit his lower lip and waited for Siwon to give out more information. But there was nothing heard on the line.

"So? what is she exactly? and how do you know she's not a threat?"

"She's just a common girl with a gift. She can sense our presence and she can see the different between our kind and human but she's not a threat. Don't do anything stupid, alright?"

"What do you mean?"

"Just don't hurt her, just don't come near her. Leave her alone, ok?"

Hyukjae got up from the couch, confused. Why Siwon became protective over the girl?

"Have you hunted?"

"Not yet. I'm fine though."

"You need to feed yourself, Hyukjae. Animal's blood is not like human's."

Hyukjae touched his throat soon as Siwon mention blood and suddenly he felt the need to taste it. To have it.

"I can survive with human's blood longer, but it's only been a week and I already need it." Hyukjae confessed. "Tell me why was it again that I need to give up human blood for animal?"

"Because of Donghae." Siwon reminded him. "Because of called Love, my friend."

Hyukjae laughed. "Yeah, well, I'll remember that next time I question myself."

"Listen, Hyukjae. Before you hunt and satisfy your thirst, don't you dare come near Nina." Siwon said with a stern voice, worry clearly heard from his voice. ".. or Donghae. You hear me?"

"Why do you care about this girl anyway?" Hyukjae smirked. "Is there something that I should know, Siwon? You have a crush on her or something?"

"She's.."

Hyukjae could hear Siwon swallowed hard before continue.

"She's my daughter.."

 

 

It was cold Saturday afternoon. The rain hasn't stop since morning, but that didn't stop Donghae from going out.

He zipped his jacket up to his neck, hands inside the jacket's pocket and started walking. He speed-walk as he crossed the street. His mind was occupied with so many questions about Eunhyuk since the last time he met Nina. He decided to call Nina that night. And he was thrill that Nina agree to meet him and she invited him to her house. This time was not about work. This time it was something personal. This time was about Eunhyuk.

What is Eunhyuk?

A question that has been bugging him ever since. Everything about him was just mysterious. The fact that he woke up at Eunhyuk's house one day without even remember anything was just weird. How Eunhyuk easily found him at the woods when he got lost, how he jumped off from a waterfall to a rocky river below, how he moved so fast, everything about him was just .... not normal. Not to mention the weird photos he took and how he looked so much like Hyukjae making him wonder even more. Even though Eunhyuk told him that he was not Hyukjae, he didn't behave or talk like him, still Donghae felt there was something about him. And by seeing Nina, he hoped he'd find the answer.

"Thanks for seeing me." Donghae started to talk. "I really appreciate it. I know you're busy with the wedding and all,  but I need to know about something."

"Why don't you sit down." Nina asked calmly. Those blue eyes softly look at Donghae. "Would you like something to drink."

Donghae shook his head faintly. He was not planning to stay long afterall. He just wanted to know what she knows about Eunhyuk and not planning to socialize. He sat on the sofa nervously. For a moment he didn't say anything. He simply didn't know where to start.

"Nina, I think you already know why I'm here .. "Donghae started to talk after a long pause. "It's about what you said back then at the cafe. I really want to know why you ask me to stay away from Eunhyuk. Do you know him? is there something wrong about him? is he some kind of criminal that I should stay away from?"

"You forgot to ask me the most important question."

Donghae frowned. He looked deeply into the girl's eyes and suddenly he realized that the main question hasn't been asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter