A glimpse of the past

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Complete silence.

Not a word coming out from Donghae's lips after Leeteuk told him everything about who he really were. He just stared blankly at the wooden table. His heart hurt, his head hurt as he tried to process every word that Leeteuk said.

A vampire prince...

Whatever that mean...

How Donghae wanted that everyone in that room just burst into laughter and told him that it was just a joke. But none of them were laughing. Leeteuk was not joking. None of them were joking. So how to handle this? How to handle this madness? How to deny all the evidence they were giving him?

He had the mark on his back, right below his neck. A mark than he never seen it before. How did the mark appear, he didn't even know.

And Hyukjae...

He even already transformed into what he destined to be. So it was his turn then. But how to believe such a crazy story? Donghae wanted so much to deny everything. But how? He wanted to speak something, anything but his mind just went ... blank.

But just as he was about to say something, he heard a low groan coming from the bed next to him. His eyes traveled from Leeteuk to the person who laid on the bed weakly. His trembling hand found its way to the other and held it tightly. The conversation with Leeteuk was soon forgotten.

"Hyukjae? can you hear me?" Donghae asked softly as he got up from the chair and slumped down to the floor kneeling. A smile tugged on his face as Hyukjae opened his eyes and Donghae could see how red those eyes were. He was hesitated for a few second to touch the other's face as he saw Hyukjae clenching his jaws, but he did it anyway.

"Get him out!" Hyukjae shouted. His fierce voice echoed through the room and it sent shiver down Donghae's spine. "Get Donghae out of here!"

"Hyuk..?"

"I can't control myself!" He shouted again. "Blood ... I need blood ... please get him out!!"

"Donghae, we better leave." Leeteuk said as he grabbed Donghae's hand and almost dragging him across the room, away from Hyukjae, but Donghae was just didn't want to move.

"Donghae! Move!" Kyuhyun shouted as he held back Hyukjae and pressed his body to the mattress.

The young vampire was powerless under his gripped, but still too powerful if he ever jumped on Donghae as his need of blood overcome him. He was in so much pain because the venom had spread through out his body and he was afraid that he had no longer control of his action. He needed blood to eased his thirst and pain.

"He needs blood.." Donghae choked out. "Kyuhyun, he needs me!"

"No! he can't control himself right now!" Kyuhyun shouted in frustration. "It's too dangerous. He won't be able to stop himself. You better leave! Now!"

"Calm down, Hyukjae!" Heechul suddenly appeared out of no where with a blood bag on his hand. "He'll be fine, Donghae! now leave! please.."

Donghae frozen on his spot as he saw Hyukjae grabbed the blood bag away from Heechul's hand and fiercely tore it and devour the thick red liquid in a second. He didn't look like Hyukjae that he knew. He flinched as he saw Hyukjae's mouth covered with so much blood. The blood bag was half empty when their eyes met and Hyukjae stopped for a moment, staring at Donghae with that apologetic look. His burning red eyes were soften and look sad. He was sorry that Donghae had to look at him like that. But the craving was more powerful that Hyukjae started to the remaining liquid as he tore his gaze away from Donghae.

"Donghae, come on." Leeteuk soothing voice echoed to his ear and made him look at the elder. "Let's go to the library and talk. He'll be alright and you can see him later when he calm down. It won't take long."

Donghae nodded obediently and look at Hyukjae for the last time before leaving the room.

 

 

"Will he be alright?" Donghae asked silently. Twenty minutes had passed since both of them sat silently on the library. His eyes looking at Leeteuk intensely, desperately to know some answers.

"You know he hasn't hunt for weeks." Leeteuk said calmly. "And the venom is making it worse."

"Tell me the truth." Donghae demanded. "What will happen to him now?"

"To be honest with you, I really don't know." Leeteuk said. "His body is fighting the venom back, but it can't cure it."

"So what are you saying? Is he gonna die?"

"Death is a gift for us." Leeteuk said with a sad tone. "But it's something that will never happen."

"So he will be in constant pain for the rest of his life? is that it?"

Leeteuk looked into Donghae's glassy eyes and nodded. "I'm afraid so.."

"So what can we do? I don't want him to suffer like that. I can't hear him waking up every now and then and screaming his lung out because he is in so much pain. What can we do?"

"Only the witch got he cure."

"Then let's go and get it!"

"It's not that simple, Donghae."

"Yes it is!" Donghae's voice risen up. Tears were already welling up his eyes. "Yes it is! They want me, right? I'll go! I'll exchange myself with the cure. Hyukjae needs it!"

"But he won't pleased if he knows that he will be losing someone he love most."

"But I can't just sit here watching him suffer! don't you understand that?! He is suffering enough because of me! all his life he has been nothing but taking good care of me. He became what he is now because of me! What do you expect me to do? Just sit here and do nothing? I love him so damn much that if I have to lose my life to make him live then so be it!"

"I can't let you do that, Donghae." Leeteuk's voice was calm, yet it sound so strict. "You are our precious.."

"What? Prince?" Donghae glared at Leeteuk. "Then I should have the power to do as I want and you should obey me."

"And I have my duty to protect you." Leeteuk answered with more stern voice this time. "And I will not let you do anything that will put you in great danger."

"Screw you!"

Donghae abruptly stood up and walked to the door but Leeteuk was fast enough to get in his way.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Out."

"You're not going anywhere."

"So I'm also a prisoner here?"

"For everyone's sake.."

Donghae glared at the man. Anger and desperation were clearly shown on his face. He wanted so badly to punch Leeteuk on the face but he knew that wouldn't get him anywhere. He knew Leeteuk was hundreds time stronger that he was. So he did nothing but to just stand there glaring.

"I'm going to see, Hyukjae." Donghae finally said after a few seconds. "Or am I not allow to do that too?"

"He's already calm down." 

Donghae turned his gaze to the door upon hearing the voice. Siwon walked in, his face looked tired but he managed to flash him a smile. Guilt instantly creeping up Donghae's heart. He remembered so clearly what he had done hours ago when Hyukjae and the other tried to save him, he accidentally told Nina about Siwon. And he still remembered all the shock expression both of them were having.

"Siwon, may I talk to you?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter