Tale of The Blood Moon

.:: T A K E N ::.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae stared at the window blankly. The rain was pouring out there and he couldn't stop thinking about Donghae. Wondering who took him, wondering where he was, wondering if he was alright.

If he was alright ...

After what happened yesterday, would he be?

Hyukjae closed his eyes and leaned back to the wall. His clothes were drenched but he didn't give a damn. He was restless. He hated himself for being so clueless and helpless. He hated that the rain had washed away the only thing that could lead him to where Donghae was. His scent.

He tried to track Donghae down and followed it but lost track right before the mountain ridge on the northwest region. Hyukjae wanted to keep going but only to realized that It was useless to find any clue when all the trace and scent were washed away. With heavy heart he returned to his cabin by the waterfall.

"Who did this, Wonnie?" Hyukjae asked soon as Siwon stepped his foot on the porch, bringing along a dry towel and clean T-shirt on his hands. Hyukjae took them hesitantly and started to take off his wet t-shirt.

"Whoever took Donghae was not a vampire." Siwon said. "The amulet would protect him. No vampires can touch him."

"Who would do this then?"

"I'll find something first thing tomorrow." Siwon said. "I heard there are some strangers coming into town these pass two days. I'll check them out."

Hyukjae tossed his wet t- to the floor without a care and frowned, "Strangers? vampires?"

"I don't think so." Siwon said. "If those are vampires then I would've known. There's something going on. We must go see the elders and find out."

"I just want to find Donghae. I don't care about anything else. I have to find him. I need to find him."

Siwon nodded in agreement. He never seen Hyukjae so worry like this about anything or anyone before. Seeing him looking so devastated making him feel rather sorry.

"So things are going well between you and Donghae? I can see you care about him."

Hyukjae walked slowly to the railing and put both of his hands there, supporting himself - leaning forward. His head hang low, his mind were filled with nothing but the said man. Of course he cared. He loved him. He loved him more than anything and right now he wants nothing else but to find him.

Siwon moved forward and tapped his shoulder lightly. He never saw Hyukjae like that before. Usually he simply didn't care about anything or anyone. But it was a good thing, wasn't it? Hyukjae had changed. Siwon was about to say something when he noticed something strange on Hyukjae's skin, right on his left shoulder.

"Hyuk, since when you had this mark?"

"Mark?" Hyukjae asked as he looked at Siwon. "What mark?"

"There on your left shoulder. I never seen it before."

"What is it?"

"It's kinda small though ... the shape is like crescent moon. Dark red crescent moon."

"It's probably nothing. Maybe I cut myself while tracking down Donghae. I went through bushes and tree branch. It'll gone."

"But .. "

"It doesn't matter Siwon, just help me find Donghae. That's more important than a lousy cut." Hyukjae pleaded, glaring unconsciously toward Siwon.

"But it was just a cut it should be healed by now." Siwon said worriedly. "But it's not a cut, Hyukjae. It's a mark."

"Siwon, are you listening to me right now? I don't give a !! If something happen to him while we're worrying over a stupid mark then I'll never forgive myself. I shouldn't have left him alone. Not after what happened yesterday... how can I be this stupid?!"

"Don't worry. We'll find him."

"We better be ..." Hyukjae said sadly. "For his sake, and mine we better be.."

"Let see the elder." Siwon said, and before Hyukjae glared at him he continued. "Remember what Kyuhyun said? I'm pretty sure they'll know about this. At least it's a start to solve this puzzle. We don't know who took Donghae and for what. There's got to be a reason for this."

Siwon was more than relieved when Hyukjae nodded. "Alright. Take me to them."

 

 

 

"I bring you food."

Donghae turned his head to the direction where the voice was coming. The girl returned and it was too annoying to not be able to see anything with the blindfold, not being able to see who held him down on this cold and strange place. He just let go a sigh and not saying anything.

All of sudden he felt a hand on his shoulder and lifted his body up, making him sat. The sudden movement made some snakes around him hissed. The girl said something in a language that he didn't understand and instantly he could feel that the snakes were retreating back. The hissing sound still can be heard but it was far enough. It made him relieved.

"You better eat it."

"How can I eat when my hands were tied like this?" Donghae scoffed. "Untie me, please. I can't feel my hands.."

"I don't like seeing you tied up like that also but I'm so sorry I can't." Sadly she said. "I'll feed you."

"Don't bother. I'm not hungry." Donghae lied. Of course he was hungry. He hadn't take anything since this morning. But under that circumstances, he wouldn't even think about taking anything from his kidnapper. "I don't want anything. I just want some answer and please just let me leave."

"Donghae~ssi, please don't make it hard for me."The girl said as she sat next to Donghae. She sigh in the end when Donghae stubbornly rejected her offer. "I was just doing my job. It's my duty to take care of you while you're here. At least until the full moon rises."

Donghae frowned under the blindfold as he scoffed in disbelieved. "Take care of me? This is the funniest way someone had ever taken care of me so far, don't you realize that? and what do you mean until the full moon rises? What was that supposed to mean?"

"The blood moon is coming."

"Blood moon?"

"Our leader said something terrible will happened during the lunar eclipse. A new vampire will be born. A tale said this condemned creature will bring nothing but sorrow to the world."

"And I'm all tied up here because of it?" Donghae snorted. "What are you saying? you think it's going to be me? The new vampire you were talking about, that's me? You're out of your mind!!"

"Oh please!" The girl then laughed. "Do you really think we don't know what happened yesterday? Do you have any idea how those low lives wanted you to change so they can use your power to do anything they want? Your boyfriend is a vampire for God sake! What are the chances that he won't change you?"

"What are you talking about?" Donghae asked angrily. But then after he calmed down he continued, giving her a reason. "Hyukjae doesn't want me to be like him. He's different and I've enough with this non sense! As long as Hyukjae is with me, He won't change me and I'll be safe! I know he won't.."

"How funny.." The girl giggled. "Why do I sense that you're not happy with it?"

"With what?"

"With the idea of your boyfriend won't chance you. You want it, don't you? Deep down I know you do. Because that's the only way you can be together with him forever." She said confidently. "What I don't understand is how could you even wanted to become a horrible being just like him? a living dead that can only survive by blood. Is love really that powerful? I pity you!"

"Don't talk about Hyukjae like that! You don't know him! He's different!"

"There's no such thing as different when it comes to vampires. They're all the same. They're just soulless creatures."

"I said stop talking about him like that or I swear to God I'll..."

"You'll what? What can you do?" She laughed. "Even if you're not tied up I can easily take you down. And all I have to do is just touching you. Like this."

Donghae jolted as her fingers in contact with his forehead, as if he was electrocuted. The pain was excruciating that he started to scream as his body jerking uncontrollably, kicking empty air. He was on the verge of fainting when he heard someone shouted and almost immediately he could feel the fingers were lifted from his forehead and slowly the pain was subside. Panting hard, he curled his body into a ball.

"What do you think you were doing?!"

"Oppa.. I was just .."

"Get out! Don't ever touch him again!"

Donghae heard the girl groaning and stomping her feet before leaving the room, leaving him on the floor and the new stranger inside. Carefully Donghae leaned back to the wall and help himself up. A pair of arms wrapped around his shoulder and he flinched, not knowing what was the man's intention. But he let him because he could tell from the ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter