Goodbye

He Only Learned Bad Things~

  Gongchan sat on his bed exhausted. Clothes were scattered everywhere on the floor and his suitcase was laying half empty in frond of the bed. He was in the middle of packing when he felt he couldn’t take it anymore. He laid on the bed and stared at the celling while tears started forming in his red eyes.  He rolled over to the other side and reached for his mobile that was on the nightstand. After grabbing it he dialed Baro’s number and waited for him to pick up.
~Beep,Beep~Minutes pass but this was the only sound he could hear coming from the other end of the phone.

~Beep,Beep~
Minutes pass but his hope didn’t fade.

~Beep,Beep~

Minutes pass but Baro’s voice was still far away.

  The sound of the call ending followed and he put the phone back on the table. He curled his body as he hugged his pillow, and let the tears finally flow freely.  This was the tenth time he had tried to contact Baro but the result was always the same. It had already been five days since his father told him that he’d take him to America. He gave him a small amount of time to prepare his things and say his goodbyes to his friend. During this time he had tried to contact Baro countless times both at school and at his home. But he couldn’t get a hold of him at school because he was always avoiding him. And he never seemed to be at school when he went to look for him.
  He was so stupid to let Baro eat with his father when he knew that something like that would happen. It was his fault in the first place he had no right to be depressed. He put the pillow back to its place and sat on the bad again. As his fingers touched the bed sheet he remembered that this was the place where they had first embraced each other. Wanting to forget that day he decided to continue with the packing. He got up and walked to his desk to pick something he wanted to take with him. But as soon as he got there he saw that on it there were photos the two of them had taken together. His smiling face in the photos made his heart ache.
  Frustrated he pushed them off his desk and let them scatter all over the room. He ran to the bathroom and got in the shower without taking his clothes off.  He put his head under the shower and let the cold water fall. He wanted to wash away all those feelings of sadness, loneliness and guilt. After the cold started making him numb he turned off the water and grabbed a tower to dry his hair. After rubbing his hair several times he looked at his reflection in the mirror. Big black circles were under his red eyes and he looked as pale as a ghost. He hadn’t slept for days. Day and night his mind was too busy thinking about Baro.. Then his eyes suddenly widened as he noticed the necklace his reflection was wearing. The two big letters “B” and “G” attached to each other as a chain was binging them together. This was the necklace Baro had given him. He grabbed the pendant as he kneeled down on the floor. In the end it didn’t matter how hard he tried to forget him.  No matter what he did Baro would still be there .In his heart. This house was filled with the memories they had shared together. He could never forget him or the feeling he had for him. His smile would pop in his head at the most random times,  and a bittersweet feeling would make his heart ache. Gongchan had given his heart mind and soul to him and it was too late to try to take them back.

-Baro, I miss you.
 He mumbled as he closed his eyes and let himself fall into the darkness.

___________________________________________________________

   When he opened his eyes again he was laying on his bed. Amber was sitting on a chair next to him, resting her head on the bed. She had fallen asleep while taking care of him. Once she felt the sheets moving she raised her head.

-You're awake.

-Yeah, what happened?

-You fell asleep in the bathroom you pabo. She yelled as she smacked his head.

-Ouch! What was that for? He complained while rubbed his head.

-Your mum and I were so worried about you. You stay in your room all day and whenever I try to talk to you, you don’t even notice me. At school you are always spacing out and you have this “the end of the world” look in your eyes. And now you locked yourself in the bathroom and you wouldn’t answer no matter how loud we shouted. We thought that maybe you had…. Don’t scare as like that again.

 She threw herself onto him and hugged him as she burst into tears. Gongchan hugged her back tightly, feeling guilty that he had made her cry. Did she mean that she thought he wanted to commit suicide? He had never thought about something like that but now that Amber had mention it he was shocked at how close he was to doing it.

-I am sorry Amber. I promise I won’t do anything like that again.

 Amber pulled herself back and wiped het tears.

-If you scare me like that again I am gonna kill you.
  Gongchan just smiled and patted her head. Then he noticed that the mess he had left had been cleaned, the clothes were folded into his suitcase and the photos were back on his desk.

-Hey Amber did you by any chance clean my room?

-No, your mum did she said that your father would be coming to take you soon.

  That’s right he couldn’t give up just like that. If he did his mother and Amber would be sad. And probably Baro too. He had to be strong, for them.

-Thanks Amber, I am okay now. I have to get ready before my dad comes.

 He gently pushed her away and got up.

-Gongchan are you sure this the right thing to do. Won’t baro be sad?

-I tried to tell him but he won’t pick up his phone.

-What? Did you guys fight or something?

-Yeah, it was my fault to begin with.

-Gongchan you can’t leave without telling him.

-I…

-Gongchan your father is here to get you.

  His mother interrupted them while knocking the door.

-I am sorry Amber I have to go. Say goodbye to Baro for me. He smiled.

He took his luggage and got out of  the room.

-Gongchan wait! Aish…

 

After putting his luggage in the back, he sat on the back seat. His father sat next to him and slammed the door. His father was still angry with him and they hadn’t talked since he said that he’d take him to America. Ignoring the glare his father gave him, he took out his phone to call baro again.

-If it’s him you’re calling, this better be the last time you talk with him.

  Gongchan just nodded his head and dialed Baro’s number. Just like the previous  times the call ended and he still couldn’t get through him.

-So this is your answer huh?

He mumbled as the car took off, heading for the airport.

 

Baro pov

   As I was walking back from school I felt my phone vibrating for the 12th  time. It’s definitely Gongchan again. He has been calling me all day since he didn’t come to school today. I wonder why? Anyway I should at least tell him not to call again. I took my phone out without looking at the screen I pushed the answer   button. Before I could even open my mouth a loud voice shout in my ears.

-What the hell are you doing you pabo?

“When did his voice get so high pitched ?”

-A..Amber? How did you know my number?

-I got it from Gongchan but that’s not important right now. Why didn’t you answer his calls?

  I held the phone a few inches away from my ear so I wouldn’t have to go through her screaming voice again.

-We talked about it a few days ago and decided to break up.

-Bwoh? Wae?
“Aish screaming again”.

-because he wouldn’t talk to his dad about us.

-He did you pabo! And you know what happened? His father hit him and said he’d take him back to America with him.

-Bwoh? When did this happen?

-Right after you left. Since then he has been trying to tell you but you kept on ignoring him.

-I…I didn’t know. When did they left?

-They just left for the airport.

-Bwoh?

-If you don’t  get your over there now, you won’t see him ever again.

   Before she could even finish her sentence I had already put my phone back in my pocket and started running. The airport wasn’t so far from here so maybe I could catch up to them. Anber’s words echoed in my head. Not see him again? What the hell? I never said I wanted him to leave Korea. I didn’t want this to go that far. I admit it was my fault for getting mad at something like that. I should have never said those things to him. When he had told his father that we were together, I should have been there with him. But I didn’t even want to talk to him. I can only imagine how miserable he must have been all these days. And he is definitely sad now too. I am sorry. I am sorry I made you sad. I promise I won’t make you feel lonely ever again. Just please don’t go away.

Gongchan pov

~All passengers  boarding the flight to New York please  go to gate number 5~

   A woman’s voice made me snap from my thoughts. I and my father had been sitting here, waiting for half an hour now. After hearing the voice dad got up and walked towards the gate. I followed behind him but just before passing the doors I top and looked back. He wasn’t there. Why would he anyway? I  laughed at my own stupidity for hoping that he’d come. Despite his absence I waved my hand and smiled.

-Goodbye.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Hi people xantoon here :D
From now on I'll be in charge of thinking/writing/typing the story. The way I write is quite different from Aisarangu's but please bear with it. Also there won't be much more of this story, it 1-3 more chapters to go.