Alcohol

Day by Day

Rating: PG     Genre: Angst


Seunghyun has spent three days alone in his villa. He wakes up alone and spends all day drinking. He cannot get the photos of Jiyong and Kiko out of his mind. They looked so happy.

 

His phone rings for the third time this morning. It is Jiyong. He has been calling everyday at least ten times a day from what Seunghyun can recall. The other members have also tried to get a hold of him, but he does not feel like talking to anyone. He is tired of acting, of pretending that everything is okay.

 

His phone rings again in the afternoon, he has not moved from his bed all day. He sees his mother’s name flashing on the screen. Jiyong must have been very worried about him to have contacted his mother.

 

Seunghyun decides to answer his phone. “Hi mom” he says holding the phone tightly against his ear.

 

“Hi sweetie, how are you.” He can tell his mother is trying to act nonchalantly, but can still hear the concern in her voice.  

 

“I am fine, just needed some time alone. Everything was getting to be too much with the upcoming album and all. You know how it is.” Seunghyun easily lied.

 

Seunghyun’s mom let out a breath. “Oh sweetie, you always act like this before a big comeback. You worry too much. Everything is going to be fine, be more confident sweetie.” Seunghyun’s mother said sounding more relieved. The lie worked.

 

“You are right mom. Sorry for making you worry.” Seunghyun said feeling guilty for lying to his mother.

 

“I’m your mother it is my job to worry about you.” His mom simply replied. “You should call Jiyong, he is worried too.”

 

“I will.” Seunghyun replied.

 

“Alright well take care honey. I know you like being alone, but talking to your friends is what will help you.” Seunghyun’s mother said sternly.

 

“I will, I will”. Seunghyun assured. “Take care. Love you.”

 

“Love you too.” Seunghyun’s mother hanged up. The sky have become dark by the time their conversation ended. Seunghyun placed his phone on his nightstand.

 

He sighed and got up from bed. His head hurts and his room is a mess. He has not taken a shower in three days and he smells of alcohol and day old kimchi. He goes into the bathroom and splashes water onto his face. He looks horrible, bloodshot eyes, dark circles, and a three-day-old beard. He showers and shaves. Puts on some clean gray sweatpants and a white tank top.

 

He looks at his phone on his nightstand and sighs. “I need to call Jiyong.” He says into the darkness. He picks up his phone and clicks on Jiyong’s contact number. His heart speeds up as the phone rings. Jiyong answers by the second ring. He must have been waiting for his call.

 

“Hyunnie?” Jiyong said softly.

 

“Sorry.” Seunghyun whispered slipping into his bed.

 

Jiyong sighed. “Hyung you had me so worried. I just talked to your mom she told me everything. You know I am here for you why didn’t you talk to me.” Jiyong said sounding relieved.

 

“I just needed some time alone to think about some things. Needed to clear my mind, but I’m feeling better now.” His lies come out more easily now.

 

“Do you want me to come over and bring you some food and drinks” asked Jiyong. Seunghyun looks out his window and sees the moon high on the sky.

 

“I don’t want you driving this late. Let’s just get together tomorrow.” Seunghyun said, the clock on the side table flashing 2:00 AM. He feels more guilty now. Jiyong was up this late waiting for his call.

 

“Alright, that sounds good. Kiko actually invited me to this new club down in Seoul.” Seunghyun’s heart skips a beat hearing Kiko’s name. “Do you want to come? We can relax and have some drinks. Taking a break from working on the album will do us both good.” Jiyong says his voice full hope and although the last thing Seunghyun wants to do is see Kiko, he can tell Jiyong is excited about checking out a new club.

 

“Sure, sounds like fun.” Seunghyun said. His chest felt heavy. “I will see you tomorrow night then.”

 

“Okay hyung. Love you.” Jiyong said brightly.

 

“Love you too Ji” Seunghyun whispered. Jiyong ended the call without noticing the strain on Seunghyun’s voice.

 


A/N: Criticism is appreciated. Is the story is going too fast too slow?