Prologue: Work

Day by Day

Rated: G    Style: Light Angst, Fluff


 

After a long day in the studio all Seunghyun wants to do is sleep. He dropped his jacket in the entryway as Jiyong followed behind him.

 

 

“Hyunnie, how many times have I told you not to leave your jacket in the entryway?” Jiyong said from behind. Seunghyun simply chuckled while looking at the ground. He looked like a kicked puppy.

 

 

With a sigh Jiyong stepped forward and pinched Seunghyun’s nose, “You’re such a baby.” Jiyong said as he wrapped his hands around Seunghyun’s neck and pulled him down for a kiss,“But you’re my baby.” Jiyong continues as he buries his face in Seunghyun’s neck, “We should get ready for bed.”

 

 

“Yeah, we should.” Seunghyun responded, but kept a strong hold on Jiyong’s hips and then slowly lifted him from the ground. Jiyong wrapped his legs around Seunghyun. Seunghyun carried him to the bedroom and laid him down gently on the bed. Seunghyun then crawled on top on Jiyong.

 

 

“Hyunnie, you know we can’t. We have to wake up early for the interview tomorrow.” Jiyong whispered when Seunghyun started biting his neck.

 

 

“I have not touched you all week, please.” Seunghyun pleaded as he continued to bite Jiyong’s neck. Jiyong understands, he has also missed his time alone with Seunghyun, but the good of the group has to come first.

 

 

“I know, but we can’t afford to be sleepy in the interview.” Jiyong said and kissed Seunghyun’s forehead as an apology.

 

 

Seunghyun sighed and moved to the the corner of the bed, his back facing Jiyong. Seunghyun cannot help but feel disappointed. Today is the only night that Jiyong can sleep over without raising any suspicion, yet they cannot spend it comfortably.

 

 

Jiyong hugged Seunghyun from behind resting his chin on Seunghyun’s shoulder.

 

 

“Please try to understand. I have missed you too, I want to kiss you and be with you.” Jiyong said tightening his hold on Seunghyun, “But when we started this we promised that the good of the group would always come first.”

 

Seunghyun sighs. “I just want to hold you without having to worry about tomorrow” Seunghyun whispered placing his hands over Jiyong’s

 

“I love you Hyunnie, I love you so much but I cannot let our relationship destroy our dream.” Jiyong sadly said.

 

 

Seunghyun turns around, “I know Ji, but sometimes it gets hard” Seunghyun gently caresses Jiyong’s cheek. “Really hard.”

 

 

 


 

 

Seunghyun disappears into the bathroom and Jiyong decides not to follow, it would only lead to one thing.

 

Jiyong understands how Seunghyun feels but it’s for the best. Call him selfish, but all Jiyong wants is to see Seunghyun on stage. And if that means that their relationship has to be a secret so be it.

 

 

When they were kids, Seunghyun told Jiyong about his dream of becoming a rapper like Notorious B.I.G. and before he knew it, Jiyong was helping Seunghyun follow his dream. He did everything to bring Seunghyun onto a stage and it payed off. Jiyong would not be able to forgive himself if Seunghyun stops rapping because of him.

 

 

Yet, Jiyong feels so lonely at times, but when he hears Seunghyun rap on stage it is all worth it. He truly loves Seunghyun and would do anything to support Seunghyun’s dream. Even if it means breaking up with him when their relationship becomes a distraction.

 

 


 

 

Seunghyun stares at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. Times like these make him feel as though Jiyong does not love him. That when it comes down to it, Jiyong would choose his career over him and he would not blame him.

 

 

What can he offer Jiyong. Money? No, Jiyong has that. Love? No, Jiyong also has that. The only people who hate Jiyong are those who are jealous of his success. But those who work with him love him. He is hard working and no one can deny that.

 

 

Seunghyun feels as though he is holding Jiyong back. He is the weight that keeps Jiyong on the ground, if he was not there Jiyong would be ably to fly. If only Seunghyun knew that Jiyong needs that weight, without it Jiyong would lose his center. Seunghyun is the thing that keeps Jiyong from crashing and burning.

 

 

These two men need each other to survive but they do not know it.