4.

The Chaos Theory - a handy manual on surviving Kim Jongdae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I love each and every one of you. i'm sorry for the wait, seriously. exams coming up so... yeah. 

 

 

 

Tao wakes with a finger pocking his left cheek in a very annoying fashion. He is just a about to bite on it before his brain fills the gaps for him and reminds him that if he were to bite off Jongdae's finger Yifan would probably cut off one of Tao's appendages, and he doesn't think it would be just a finger. He opts for swatting it away and roll on his other side.

 

“Is it time already?”

 

Jongdae makes a little displeased noise and pokes Tao's side. “Time to go on stage”

 

Tao groans and reluctantly gets up. Jongdae, he notices after he has regained a standing position and actually looks at him, is already wearing a white button up and a pair of black dress pants that cling deliciously around his thighs.

 

“Your out-fit is on the chair”

 

Jongdae laid out a dark blue button up and dress pants, Tao is honestly shocked at the lack of fur, leather and holes. The shirt is actually quite nice, he turns to look at Jongdae, but the other is busy typing on his phone, so he takes everything and moves to the bathroom. He needs at least a shower.

There is a blue bathrobe on the sink, waiting for him, and Tao has to bite down a moan when he runs his hand over the soft fabric. It's not time for this though, so he shimmies out of his clothes and gets in the shower. The water heats up instantly, Tao sighs letting the nice feeling of hot water run down his sore muscles and untie the knots that formed during his nap. He must have slept in a very weird position. He is about to reach for the bottle of shampoo when he hears the door open and his stomach drops.

 

“Just so you know it will be a five course meal... ”

 

“I can't even shower in peace?” he mutters under his breath, not even trying to shove Jongdae out. Not to mention that there is no ing way he is getting out of the shower in Jongdae's presence.

 

“I'm afraid you won't get to do anything 'in peace' this week-end, might as well get used to it. Now, as I was saying it's a five course meal so there will be plenty of time for conversation.”

 

Tao sighs and scrubs his hair with vigor. Like a mantra he repeats the names of the seven dwarfs. It helps, sort of. Choosy wasn't one of them, right?

 

“I think I should warn you that they will be sappy speeches and probably a slide-show. And also the fact that I may or may not have had a purely ual relationship with Baekhyun that ended up with a smashed car and lots of cursing”

 

“What?!” Tao sputters getting soap in his mouth. Ehw.

 

“There are no hard feelings, really, but... ”

 

“You are related!” Tao moves the curtain just enough to look at Jongdae, who is sitting on the toilet with his phone still in his hands, typing furiously. He graces Tao with a 'please-spare-me' look and goes back to his typing.

 

“He is the son of my aunt's second husband. We are not related. Gross.” Jongdae rises his eyes with a disgusted look and stares at Tao's exposed upper chest for a moment too long that has Tao self-consciously cower back behind the safety of the curtain. “Maybe I should change your shirt. Those collarbones deserve a v-neck”

 

“That shirt is fine” Jongdae is not even listening, but Tao was always the optimistic kind of guy.

 

“Baekhyun won't be problem, really, he will just need a little more convincing”

 

He rinses off the soap and sighs. “Can you leave, please? I need to get out”

 

There is a beat of silence and then a mumbled 'sure' and the sound of the door closing. Weird, he thinks, as he draws the curtain and reaches for the bathrobe.

 

“Yuck” he, (very manly if he had to say so himself) squeaks, finding himself face to face with a very amused Jongdae. He quickly grabs the robe and drapes it across himself. “I told you to get the out!”

 

Jongdae laughs and Tao is sure he is about to have a seizure. Or a very murderous spree. “What now?!” he half screams.

 

“I was thinking that I am very good at judging characters”

 

And with that Jongdae walks out of the bathroom. Tao feels legitimately violated.

 

 

 

 

In the end Jongdae really did change his shirt, opting for a gray v-neck cardigan. Looking at his masterpiece from a distance Jongdae smiles to himself. Tao straightens the hem of the shirt and gives himself another last look in the bathroom mirror, fixing a stray lock. Let the show begin.

 

“We need to say hi to the bride and the groom before dinner, come on. I bet my aunt is dying to tell you how many olives she had to buy for the pricey drinks we are going to have tonight”

 

Tao is not in the least thrilled by the perspective, but smiles anyway. He lets Jongdae take his arm and is a lot less possessive than the grip he had this morning, more relaxed and Tao lets himself breath at least for now. He is still kind of mad about the shower thing, but there are more pressing matters at hand.

 

As they wait for the elevator Jongdae turns to face him and slides his arm off to fix the collar of Tao's shirt, picking off invisible dust. He is not looking up as he speaks.

 

“Remember” he says, suddenly dead serious. “They don't expect anything from you, they'll think you are some sort of random uneducated punk I picked up somewhere between kidnapping children and kicking puppies. They don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter