1.

The Chaos Theory - a handy manual on surviving Kim Jongdae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1.

 

 

Zitao doesn't like coffee. He doesn't like the scent, too strong on his very sensible nostrils, doesn't like the taste, too bitter no matter how much sugar he chucks in, and the color is utterly unflattering for any beverage known to man (coke being an obvious exception because that is best with a film marathon and pop-corn).

 

He also doesn't like tobacco very much, the smell of cigarettes disgusts him, and the only one time he actually tried smoking he had to wash his sweater four times to wash away the acre smell, so he'd like to stay as clear as he can from smoke and the likes, thank you very much.

 

What he likes, though, is the smell of butter cookies and Caramel Latte in his favorite cafe around the corner, where he passes by at least every other day, and where he does not stalk the pretty waiter behind the counter because that would be creepy, and Tao doesn't do creepy. He is all dark aura and feline gracefulness when he steps in and struts towards the counter to order.

 

 

 

 

 

 

In his opinion he is doing a very fine job out of looking like a very handsome young man when he orders something a five year-old with flu would.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He usually sits near the counter and eats his three biscuits as slowly as he can, watching as the pretty waiter attends other patrons, sometimes catching Tao's eyes and smiling at him warmly.

 

Tao thinks that this guy must be an angel sent from heaven to make everyone feel very much inferior and unworthy in front of his beauty and grace. Even Tao himself can't possibly compare with him. No way.

 

Lately though his much treasured visits to his angel got cut off almost completely in favor of a coffee maniac who smokes one cigarette too much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‹●›

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nothing too big, Wu Fan had said over the phone, you just have to pose as a fake boyfriend.

Fine, he had answered, all the more willing to take up the job given the pay and the fact that he was paid to stay in a five star hotel for an entire week-end.

Wu Fan had clearly strategically forgot to mention that he had to pose as a fake boyfriend for a guy. A very demanding and bratty son of a President of some huge company like LG or Samsung, honestly Tao stopped caring five minutes after the guy made clear that it was going to be Hell from then on and he was clearly Satan's son.

 

 

 

 

At their first meeting, Jongdae presents himself twenty minutes late with a cup of coffee and the look of someone who has no time to waste. At least that's what he said after sitting himself in front of Zitao at the coffee shop where they had agree to meet.

 

“This is a coffee shop.” Tao states after Jongdae places his steaming cup on the table.

 

“Yes, indeed.” Jongdae agrees taking off his design glasses. “How smart of you to notice.”

 

“Then, why did you bring coffee?”

 

“Didn't peg you to be one to ask stupid questions.” Jongdae says looking him over. “you seemed more like the dark murderous type on the picture, but I guess you'll have to do.”

 

Tao stares. Jongdae peacefully, sips his coffee and emits a little satisfied moan after he swallowed the first gulp. “Now, my cousin is getting married and decided that it was the right chance to reunite our big loving family.”

 

That was sarcasm, definitely, and Tao is not sure of what exactly he has gotten himself into.

 

“Apparently this is the kind of occasion where you need to invite even those relatives that you loathe with every cell of your body, though that probably was my aunt's doing.” Jongdae sips his coffee again and holds his cup between his hands. Tao then notes the ink stains on the tips of  Jongdae's fingers. They are very nice fingers, long and well kept, attached to very attractive forearms and Tao has to admit that that black shirt does a very fine job of outlining his sharp collarbones. Jongdae is still talking though.

 

“Please come again?” he asks while Jongdae shifts on his seat and leans over the table.

 

“You need clothes.” Jongdae says eying the gray tee Zitao is wearying like it tried to murder him.

 

“I have clothes.” he replies and Jongdae sips his coffee.

 

“Yes, but you need clothes that scream high-maintenance boyfriend, not hipster part-timer.”

 

Tao is left speechless, while Jongdae retrieves his glasses and positions them on the tip of his nose, standing. “Let's go.”

 

“I haven't ordered yet,” Tao says, not moving from his seat.

 

“No need. I 'm not paying you to get coffee.”

 

 

 

 

 

If he were Kyungsoo, which he is clearly not,  Tao would draw a flow-chart to better explain his current life situation, with a whole set of bright colored pencils and strategically positioned asterisks that make in depth comments about a particular situation, but he is Huang Zitao so bullet points will do.

 

Huang Zitao, twenty-four, works at 'EXO, We're all you need', handyman agency for all your necessities. At 12:30 on Monday Kim Jongdae stepped into their office asking for a fake boyfriend and Wu Fan's eyes flashed with money signs, while Lu Han chocked himself on his donuts. The ever kind Kris sets him up with Zi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter