New Beginning... Or the End?

My Mistake

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 32: New Beginning... Or the End? [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Soundtrack:  "Born to Die" - Eli Lieb (cover)

[/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

 

He took longer than it should to arrive at Nam Soon’s apartment. He thought for a while if he should call him or send a message, but in the end he decided not to do so. He just didn’t feel like explaining it by phone. He didn’t know what he should say, hence the reason why he walked to his apartment slowly.

The wind was colder, yet he hadn’t brought many coats. He would probably need to borrow some from Nam Soon and buy new ones. He didn’t think it would be possible to go back home just to get them - he also didn’t want to risk meeting his sister. His bag was not that big so he brought only what he could, even though it was still more than what Nam Soon took to Harry’s house on the last time.

He dialed Nam Soon’s apartment number at the entrance and soon the boy picked up. It was good hearing his voice. He was needing to hear it.

Nam Soon seemed surprised that someone was calling him, and even more when Heung Soo spoke.

He met him halfway across the stairs but waited until they were inside to ask what it was, however, before he could do it, he noticed his backpack on his back, and Heung Soo didn’t wait for his question.

“I left home,” he whispered, staying in front of the door. “I think I’ll need to stay here, if that’s okay. I’ll help paying the rent…”

Nam Soon blinked twice, not really sure if it was for the shock of him leaving home or the fact that he was really asking if he could stay.

Nam Soon thought if he should tell him that he didn’t need to wait outside - as if he was waiting for an invitation to come or to ask what happened. He didn’t know what he should do first, all he knew was that he could see himself in his eyes. The worry, the sadness, everything together. He could see it now in Heung Soo’s eyes.

Asking him those stuff wasn’t going to help. It wasn’t, because he already experienced them just like he did.

So Nam Soon just send him smile - a comforting smile, as he stared at the other boy.

“I was doing ramen for dinner. Wanna eat some?” Nam Soon offered, heading to the pan and taking it out of the stove. “Take another bowl from the cabin,” Nam Soon said and Heung Soo watched for a few seconds before throwing his own backpack at the corner and heading to the younger boy to catch a bowl for himself.

There were no words needed anymore. They understood - Nam Soon understood and Heung Soo too. He knew that Nam Soon was there for him, just like he had been there for him when he needed. They didn’t need to have that conversation once more because they already knew everything they needed to know. 

 

"Can you make it feel like home, if I tell you you're mine

It's like I told you honey"

 

That night ended with one needed silence. Nam Soon’s ramen was a little too spicy, so Heung Soo got himself gagging a bit and coughing as Nam Soon patted his back, laughing at him and heading to get him a glass of water to help. After some seconds annoyed by Nam Soon’s mocking, Heung Soo smiled back.

And that was when they knew that it didn’t matter what happened, that as long as they had each other, things would be okay.

Heung Soo did not demonstrate how he was feeling about leaving home anymore. On the next day they went to school together, they laughed and had fun. Heung Soo seemed to be alright. However Nam Soon knew him well enough, he understood him, and he knew things weren’t really okay. When Nan Soon wasn’t looking, or when Heung Soo thought he wasn’t, he could see the sadness in his eyes. However, Nam Soon didn’t mention it. On those moments he would try his best to make him feel better, even if it was just a little bit. 

 

"Don't make me sad, don't make me cry

Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough

I don't know why"

 

It was lunch time the next day, and they had barely reached the cafeteria. They were waiting on the line to serve themselves when Choong Ki and his friends passed right by their sides. Nam Soon didn’t see them until he heard them cursing loudly at his side.

“Hey, faggots,” he mocked. He dared to. He definitely didn’t choose a good day for it, or perhaps he was trying to get back at Heung Soo for what he did yesterday. Whatever was the reason, it wasn’t a good choice. Nam Soon could have changed in those few years, but enough was enough. And honestly, he couldn’t condemn Heung Soo for pushing him against the wall after it. If Heung Soo hadn’t, he would probably be the one who did.

But this definitely wasn’t a good day for Heung Soo. And that wouldn’t be enough. He was tired of the whispers whenever they brushed against them at school, and now he was tired of the hypocrisy. If he couldn’t come out by himself, so Heung Soo would give him a hand.

“I’m a ?” Heung Soo smirked staring at Nam Soon, who didn’t bother much to stop him. Nam Soon wouldn’t do it himself, but he could understand why Heung Soo said those words. Heung Soo was taking it out on him. It might not be fair, but these months of bullying hadn’t been fair either. “Yes, fair enough”, he said, pushing him again against the wall as he tried to pull away. His friends weren’t doing anything to help him and a crowd full of whispers started to form around them. “So what about you? Want to tell me what you were doing at a gay street yesterday night?” he said it out loud for everyone to hear and Choong Ki seemed like he could kill him right now, but only didn’t have the strength to do it.

Nam Soon squeezed Heung Soo shoulder in warning. He did enough, he didn’t want him to get suspended for it. Heung Soo smirked one last time and got the message, letting him go.

The whispers became louder and Nam Soon could see the hate in Choong Ki’s eyes when they backed away. They would better leave now before this became a real fight.

Heung Soo didn’t even notice his stare. He was too busy getting all proud of himself because of his deed. Choong Ki got what he asked for, that was what he was thinking. Nam Soon, however, wondered if they went a bit too far.

Yet those thoughts left his mind a couple of minutes later. He had more things to worry about and didn’t need to care about that bully. Heung Soo was still down and Nam Soon should be there for him. And so would the other.

“Let’s go get some bread and eat at the roof,” Nam Soon said, holding his wrist and following ahead.

 

"All my heart, it breaks every step that I take

I keep hoping that them gates,

They'll tell me that you're mine"

    

The months went by quickly, the winter arrived with all it got and soon there were just a couple of weeks left of class. They would graduate soon. They would finally be out of school.

They still didn’t know what they would do once it was over but still they couldn’t wait for it. They already found out that living together was indeed a great experience. They were doing well, despite everything. Heung Soo seemed fine, however, Nam Soon knew it wasn’t really like that. There were still days where he would catch him looking a bit depressed. Nam Soon called him out and insisted that he called home. Heung Soo was stubborn though and took a few weeks for him to finally give up. However, Joo Mi never picked up. They tried calling with Nam Soon’s phone, but apparently she had saved his phone number too.

They would graduate in fifteen days, but Heung Soo had already given up calling her. He wasn’t in the wrong. He wasn’t the one that should be worried about calling. But still this time Nam Soon convinced him to tell her about the graduation. She wouldn’t pick up, so instead he left her a message saying he would graduate and the time of the event.

He had no hopes that she would appear, but despite it all he had made an effort, and it would probably be the last time he would. If she didn’t come. Heung Soo would have to move on, and Nam Soon was being a great help. Every time he looked a bit sad, Nam Soon would do all he could to make him feel better - and he wasn’t even talking about though. He would do anything to cheer him up. Any stupid thing that came to mind, Nam Soon would use.

Even so, on days when he wasn’t thinking about her, he was happy. He had Nam Soon. He slept with him every day, he could feel his warmth, his scent, his presence - he was there.

Nam Soon was his life now. Nam Soon was his family.

Finally, they were free to be together. 

 

"Keep making me laugh,

Let's go get high

The road is long, we carry on

Try to have fun in the meantime"

 

Soon, the graduation day arrived. Heung Soo still hadn’t got a message from his sister, and honestly, at this point he had no hopes that she would appear - if he once had any

Graduation wasn’t much for them, they weren’t expecting anything from it, only that it would finally mean that they didn’t need to go to school anymore. This part of life was over for them. However they knew they still had a lot to do in the future. Even if neither of them was planning to go to college. Even so it didn’t mean that they didn’t have any plans for their future anymore. It might be different from the majority of his classmates but they still had their own dream.

After the celebration was over everyone proceed to talk to their friends and family. Heung Soo and Nam Soon, however, didn’t have a family to celebrate with.

They had each other though, so without worrying if others were looking, Heung Soo reached out to the younger boy and gave him a tight hug, landing a light kiss on his forehead before pulling away. Nam Soon was smiling like an idiot but he didn’t care. He held Heung Soo’s hand as they headed out of the school, from where they had no plans to come back anymore.

 

"Come on take a walk on the wild side

Let me kiss you hard in the pouring rain"

 

However, Heung Soo stopped midway staring at the exit, and Nam Soon followed his glance. There at the street he could see Joo Mi leaving on her car which seemed to be parked just a minute ago.

After all she did come to her brother’s graduation, and Nam Soon could see in Heung Soo’s expression, that even though no words were spoken, that meant something big to him. Nam Soon didn’t say anything, just tighten his grip at the other boy’s hand, and waited for him to return to their path. Heung Soo, however, released his hand.

He waited a couple of seconds, and stared at Nam Soon.

“I’m sorry. Can I meet you later?” he whispered, and Nam Soon understood before he could even finish his question. “I think I need to see her,” he said and Nam Soon smiled softly. He could understand. Heung Soo and his sister... It wasn’t all lost yet. Unlike his father he could see them with a better future. Joo Mi tried to look strong, but Nam Soon knew that from the inside she was a much softer person, especially when it came to Heung Soo.

He didn’t think though, that one day, she would come to accept them. But now he just hoped he was wrong. 

 

"Lost but now I am found

I can see but once I was blind

I was so confused as a little child"

 

Yi Kyung watched as Heung Soo and Nam Soon walked to the exit gate. Ji Hoon was by his side and he grabbed his shirt, bringing him to his side. Those two ungrateful friends were just planning to leave without even saying goodbye. There were so many people standing there that it was hard to pass in between them, and when they reached the exit Nam Soon was already out of sight. He could see, however, Heung Soo turning to a corner two blocks away.

“Isn’t that Choong Ki?” Ji Hoon questioned pointing out. They watched as he and his buddies followed along, turning in the same block Heung Soo had went. “Should we go there?”

Yi Kyung sent a last glance to the other side where Nam Soon went, but he indeed wasn’t in view anymore. He stared slightly at his friend and rushed with him to where Heung Soo had headed. They tried to rush through the street, but the traffic sign and they had to stop there, hoping it wouldn’t be too late.

Yet, when they reached the corner Heung Soo and Choong Ki with his friends were already out of sight.

It shouldn’t be much trouble since it was Heung Soo they were talking about, right? But even so Yi Kyung called Nam Soon’s cellphone - just in case.

Nam Soon was already inside the bus with his head facing the window and his thoughts long far from reality. He was thinking about Heung Soo and how things with his sister would come out, when he suddenly woke from his daydreams. The burst of his phone vibrated inside his pants and he rushed to pick it up, wondering if it was Heung Soo. However it was a little soon for him to have reached Joo Mi’s home and have already talked with her.

It wasn’t Heung Soo. It was Yi Kyung, and he wondered what he could possibly want now.

“Hello?” Nam Soon answered and heard a loud breath from the other side of the phone, like he had ran a mile before calling him.

“Don’t worry too much… but Ji Hoon and I just saw Choong Ki and his friends following Heung Soo to the alley,” he said panting and Nam Soon suddenly felt a rush in his heart. Indeed, he didn’t need to be that worried. But he was. For some reason it didn’t feel like something he should just ignore. And as soon as he hanged up he rushed to call Heung Soo. However, Heung Soo didn’t pick up. He tried another couple of times but still nothing.

 

"Feet don't fail me now

Take me to that finish line"

 

He didn’t know why he was so worried, but he still tried his other alternative. He didn’t think about the fact that he calling her now could be a bad idea. Probably Heung Soo didn’t pick up because he was talking to Joo Mi. However, what if he was wrong? What if Yi Kyung was indeed right, and they stopped him along the way? Anything could happen, and he couldn’t deny that the possibilities weren’t really good. That’s why he called her.

He didn’t have many expectations that she would pick it up, but for his surprise she did.

She didn’t sound much pleased though, but Nam Soon wasn’t worried about that right now.

“Is Heung Soo with you?” Nam Soon asked. He skipped all the excuses and all the greetings. He just asked what need to know.

“No, why?” She hissed and a cold breeze ran through his neck. He probably just hadn’t arrived to her house yet, right? “Something happened?” She asked after the few seconds that Nam Soon had remained quiet.

“No, nothing...” Nam Soon whispered. He didn’t want her to worry if it was nothing. “Just pick up if I call again,” he said before turning it off. He didn’t care if he was about to lose his time and rush into Heung Soo with his phone on the silent call. If that was the case, he would just laugh at himself. However, he didn’t want to regret if it was indeed something to be worried about. So he got down the bus and rushed his way back to Joo Mi’s house.

And he ran, faster than he probably had in his entire life.

 

"Walking through the city streets

Is it by mistake or design?

That I feel so alone on a Friday night"

 

Heung Soo had just turned in one of the corners on the way to his sister’s house when he heard someone calling behind his back. He had heard the steps before but he chose to ignore them. Now, he chose to ignore the calls.

Because he knew who they were from, and he didn’t want to waste more of his time with that. He planned not to see those boys’ face for the rest of his life again. However when someone blocks your way, fists holding at your collarbone... You can’t just ignore that.

Heung Soo was not in the mood to talk. He was not in the mood to stand this. So as soon as he felt the hands of one of Choong Ki’s friends touching him, he kicked forward, right in the stomach, making him fall to the ground in pain.

He felt the other one coming to punch him in the face, but dodged it just in time, pushing him against the wall. He heard some steps behind him and was about to turn over, when suddenly, he felt an excruciating pain behind his head. His steps tumbled, as his vision started to get blurry. He heard a sharp sound of something falling to the ground and led his hands to his head. He could feel the warm liquid and see the blood on his hands as he started to feel the dizziness.

His legs suddenly felt weak and he fell to the ground, watching as Choong Ki ran away from the alley with his friends, holding a bloody pipe on his hands.

 

"Choose your last words

This is the last time

"Cause you and I, we were born to die"

 

[/CONTENTID3]


[CONTENTID4]

(UPDATE 2015/01 : Chapter last edited and revised on this current date)

The end is near! Next chapter will kind of be the last one, since the other will look like an epilogue (I'll not put it as an epilogue though... it's still the end of the fic... xD) haha And please don't kill me because of how I ended this one! It was supposed to have a bit more, but I decided to end it this way... Im just a little bit evil... 8D lol

I'm starting a new HeungSoon fic when this one ends... If you want to follow it, subscribe!: "Our New Fate"

And Thanks for Yoselin (tumblr: stormpiece.tumblr.com ) for reviewing the chapter for me again! And for everyone that follows and comment here! ^^

[/CONTENTID4]