Chapter 2

O' Death

It is a mystery why Death walks amongst human beings. For humans at least. Death is curious. Curious to see why God created them and why as his own image. Humans are nothing like God. They are weak and full of hate. If only they knew and saw the love God feels towards them, and why he sometimes punishes them.  Now as Death walks on the streets, loud buzzing surrounding him, he only sees the rotten feelings in their hearts. Only few pure, innocent ones amongst all the sinners. The innocent ones, as Death likes to call them, are mostly children, but there are few adults too.

The sinners. Glancing up at the grey sky and letting out a cold chuckle Death begins to think about them. So much rotten in this world. Thump. Being annoyed Death takes his black eyes off of the sky and searches the cause of the sudden disturbance. Death has to draw his eyes way down on his knee level to see the small child clutching on the hem of his long coat. Innocent blue eyes looks up at Death's face and the small fist tightens around the fabric. Another cold chuckle leaving from Death's lips Death reaches his long, slim fingers downwards to touch top of the child's head as a woman, most likely the mother of the child, grasps the child's free hand and tugs him with her. "How many times I have to tell you that you have to follow mommy!" the woman scolds the child and Death can see the tears pooling on the innocent eyes and the trembling tiny bottom lip as the child lets out a sob."Tsk" Death expresses his irritation as he continues watching the mother and the child making their way through the crowd. The woman most likely lost her child herself in the first place.

Inhaling deep Death closes his eyes for a second and then opening them he feels the annoyance inside him washing away. Death is ready to continue his travel on the ground of Earth, absorbing everything in from the surroundings. "Worms" Death mutters as his long legs carries him forward, heels of his black leather shoes clattering quietly against the surface of the precinct.