Caught Red-Handed

When I Was Your Man

Changmin’s P.O.V

The moment I entered SM building this morning I feel extremely awkward. Every staff stared at me while whispering with each other. It must be the effect from Paradise Ranch, since I got more popular after that drama was released. Both of the receptionist looked at each other giggled softly when I walked passed the counter. Girls, I know that I’m hot and handsome at the same time but please, calm your hormones.

“I think the rumors were true.”

One of the girls said.

“Yeah, I think so. Anyway, they suit each other perfectly.”

I heard that from the other girl. Wait a minute. What rumor? I kept thinking about it until I bumped into manager hyung when I was about to press the lift button.

“Hey Changmin, I need to talk with you.”

“Yeah, sure. About what?”

I asked after pressing the button to make the lift open the doors. The doors slid pen and manager hyung pushed me in.

“Get in first.”

I just obeyed the order. He made sure the doors were properly closed then he started to talk.

“Please don’t tell me that you and Seohyun are dating.”

Shocked. How did he know about this? If Seohyun was the one who told manager hyung bout this then she will be in trouble soon.

“No. Hyung, from who and where did you hear it?”

I denied. He took out his phone from his pocket, pressed a few times on the screen and showed it to me.

‘CHANGMIN AND SEOHYUN ARE DATING?’

This is what I saw in the trending section of Twitter along with the picture of Seohyun and I at the park on the other day. What the hell?! I even wore a face mark, a pair of sunglasses and a cap. How could they recognized it was me? I was very angry at that moment but I still kept myself calm in front of manager hyung.

“Oh, we went to the that day because she said that no one will accompany her and she was bored at that time.”

“So, you mean you guys are not dating?”

He frowned at me. I let out a fake laugh and said

“Of course not hyung. She’s just my hoobae(junior in Korean). Besides, I treat her like my little sister. I can give you my word that we’re not dating hyung.”

“Really?”

“Yes. You don’t believe me?”

“If it is then, good. I will just explain it to the media if they call up later."

He took back his phone and left when the lift stopped at the 3rd floor. Damn it! I just returned to the entertainment world not long ago and rumors were spreading crazily at this moment. I regret to be in relationship with her. All this while she only caused me nothing but trouble. Why do I have this kind of girlfriend? Not the loving plus caring ones but the selfish and stupid ones. I must put an end to this before she destroy my career.

 

Seohyun P.O.V

I received a call from Changmin oppa 10 minutes ago. He told me to meet him at the roof of SM building. It’s been two weeks since we have met. I miss him so much but I cannot do anything because he was busy. I really wanted us to have a date and hang out often like all the normal couple at the street. However, I must be a considerate girlfriend and tolerate with his hectic schedule. Finally he said he wanted to meet me and I wonder what will we do later. Will he ask me out for a lunch? I opened the door and I was greeted with breeze blowing to my face. I look around to find him staring down, watching the city of Seoul. The back view of his never failed to amaze me. You know? With the tall figure, long arms and broad chest. It made me feel secure. I tiptoed silently and back hugged him. My face was buried between his shoulder blades, inhaling his scent. How I miss this. To my surprise, he turned around and pushed me away with an angry face.

“W-What’s wrong oppa?”

I asked.

“Do you know that you’re causing me more trouble nowadays?”

I had no idea on what he was talking about.

“Did you know that, the pictures of us at the park were spreading like wildfire in Twitter?!”

I backed off a little when he raised his voice.

“I-I’m sorry oppa.”

“There’s no use saying sorry now. You could’ve ruined my career you know?!”

I flinched hearing that.

“Sorry oppa… It won’t happen again. I won’t force oppa to go out with me anymore.”

I looked down and mumbled.

“No. I don’t believe you. To ensure this won’t happen again, we need a break up.”

I raised my head and widen my eyes. I did not expect him to say this.

“No oppa, don’t do this to me.”

I shook my head.

“I have to. I can’t let you stand in my way to fame. You’re no good to me.”

My heart broke into pieces the moment that sentences came out from his mouth. I grabbed his hands tightly even though mine started to shake.

“Please oppa, don’t break up with me. I promise I will not cause any problem to oppa anymore. I’ll be good.”

I begged him just like a kid begged his parent not to punish them after they had done something wrong. He glared at me furiously and said

“No. I won’t fall for it again. This is the end of our relationship!”

He yanked my hands away roughly and left me alone. Tears rolled down my cheek non-stop. Why’d he do this to me? Am I not good enough for him? There were the questions lingered in my brain as I hugged my knees and cried at the roof.

 

A few days after we broke up, manager oppa called me up and told me to record an OST for Paradise Ranch with Changmin oppa. The last thing that I wanted to do was sing with him but I did it anyway because it was under work. A professional artist should know how to differentiate between work and personal stuffs. I will not let my personal feelings mixed with my work. The atmosphere in the recording room were in awkward silence. The ones who talked were only the composer and the producer while Changmin oppa and I just sat there quietly. The whole time I was avoiding eye contact with him. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes as I sang the lyrics out with him.

 

TVXQ feat. Seohyun - Journey Lyrics (English)

Let's leave without telling anyone, it doesn't matter where or when as long as you're there
Like the Champs-Élysées that we wanted to walk along or like the ice cream enjoyed during a weekend in Rome
With a single ticket I'll go on board, saying good-bye to tears and frustration
I'll go inside my dream where there's bound to be blue skies
I'm leaving to go to that ridiculously beautiful world

My own journey; Shall we take a journey?
Throw your heart into that beaming sunshine

I'm leaving the boring day behind and going anywhere where my mind
Can follow the flowing wind that blows in landscapes that look like heaven, just like in the movies
I'm leaving to go to that ridiculously beautiful world

My own journey; Shall we take a journey?
Throw your heart into that beaming sunshine
My own journey; Shall we take a journey?
Throw your heart into that beaming sunshine

Shall we take a journey?

Saturday Brunch
Feels like a dream when I'm with you
Like part of the sky, while enjoying a morning croissant and sweet coffee

My own journey; Shall we take a journey?
Throw your heart into that beaming sunshine


 

TVXQ feat. Seohyun - Journey Lyrics (Romanization)


amudo moreuge ddeonaja geu eodi geu eonje neoman ittdamyeon
geodgo sipdadeon syangjellije georicheoreom ddaeron romaui hyuil geu aiseukeurimcheoreom
seolleneun pyo han jang momeul sidgo nunmuldo jjajeungdo jamsi annyeong
saeparan haneul geu eodinga isseul nae ggumeuro
nan ddeonanda michidorok areumdaun geu sesang sogeuro

namanui yeohaeng Shall we take a journey?
ssodajineun haetsal soge nae maeumeul deonjyeobwa

jigyeoun harureul jeobeodugo nae maeum dahneun got geu eodideun
yeonghwacheoreom cheonguk gateun poonggyeongdeullo heureuneun baram ddara
nan ddeonanda michidorok areumdaun geu sesang sogeuro

namanui yeohaeng Shall we take a journey?
ssodajineun haetsal soge nae maeumeul deonjyeobwa
namanui yeohaeng Shall we take a journey?
ssodajineun haetsal soge nae maeumeul deonjyeobwa

Shall we take a journey?

Saturday Brunch
geudaewa ggumgateun sigan
moning keurowasang dalkomhan keopi sok haneul

namanui yeohaeng Shall we take a journey?
ssodajineun haetsal soge nae maeumeul deonjyeobwa

 



The song called ‘journey’, told that a couple leaving problems behind and went through a beautiful journey together. This song may fit us perfectly if he did not request to break up. I still remember when he confessed to me, he said he would take me to our journey. A journey filled with happiness and laughter but I guess he forgot all of it. I wished I never agreed to be with him. In this way I will not feel any pain from my heart. Every night I would stay up and cried my heart out when I thought of him saying those words. Break up. I never thought these two words would give me such a big effect. I never thought that he was the one who built me up and tore me down. I was controlling my voice the whole time I was singing. I didn’t want him to see the weak side of me. After finished recording, I excused myself to the toilet to let all my tears pour out.

 

-END-