The World Is Not a Wish-granting Factory [ angsty ending ]

Beautiful Stranger

 

And this is the sadder ending~!
 
 

 
Yixing shook his head as Prince started to fade away in the far crowd, out of his reach and out of his league. He guessed that they probably weren't going to meet anymore. That was when, the dimpled boy saw the trail of papers that Prince left behind. He stood up with his luggage pulling behind him to pick the pieces of paper. Who knew if they were important? Yixing scanned the piece of paper, it looked like a bond paper folded in three equal parts. Yixing huffed. This was important. It contained Prince's flight number, 12EX0408, which was leaving in a few minutes. So he ran, he ran as if his life depended on it. Yixing hated running, running for a short distance made him so easily out of breath and he hated the feeling of being breathless. He hated it a lot. The only time when he liked being out of breath was when he was dancing. His body has the capability to dance for a long period of time and not be out of breath easily. Dancing was an activity his body had adapted to.
 
Yixing didn't know what to do as the blonde headed tall man started to fade away from his sight more and more. Prince was starting to get farther and farther from him and he'd feel really guilty if he didn't bring this to him. He'd feel really really bad. Being a naturally good and genuine person, Yixing ran faster, determined to get his job done and hopefully not injure himself. He was pretty clumsy.
 
His luggage's wheels were rolling hotly against the floor and he was getting weird stares from random people but he didn't mind. All was in his mind was that he needed to give this piece of paper to Prince as if he was a secret agent on a very special mission to deliver a message to some sort of high status person. Yixing had that kind of imagination.
 
Now, Prince was only a few meters away from him and he was almost out of breath. Why was Prince walking so quickly?! It wasn't like Prince was in a marathon right?! Yixing looked up and saw how Prince was only a few feet away from him now, he reached out his hand and shut his eyes. 
 
He felt his hand press against a sturdy and warm object. It was clothed and the texture of the cloth was smooth. He opened his eyes, only to see his hand was pressed against Prince's back. He was touching prince! That was the first thought that entered his mind. He. Was. Touching. Prince. And also, Prince was a real person and not a pigment of his imagination! This excited Yixing.
 
Yixing pulled his hand away and settled his arm on his side, pulling his luggage so it stood beside him. The taller male turned around, facing the man with the mop of silky brown hair. The blonde tilted his head to the side, a slight smile on the side of his lips. Yixing stared for a while, noticing how much more handsome the taller blonde looked this close to him. Yixing straightened up and smoothed out his clothes, letting go of his grip to his luggage's handle to run a hand through his hair. "I think this is yours." Yixing said, holding out the hand that had the piece of paper to Prince, thankful that it wasn't crumpled when he shut his eyes tight and hoped for the best. 
 
Prince immediately looked at his passport and gasped when he found out something was missing from it. The slightest smile from Prince made Yixing's heart skip a beat and he handed it to Prince who gladly took it, the smile in his face spreading even wider. Yixing returned a cherubic smile. "Thank you." Prince said and Yixing almost jumped in his spot when he heard his deep and enthralling voice with the very pleasant ring in his ears. He wondered if he'd have the oppurtunity to listen to him talk more. He liked that kind of voice, deep and pleasant. Yixing thought he was being silly for liking a stranger's voice. 
 
"You're welcome." He said, smiling with that little dimple appearing at the side of his lips. He wondered if there was a next time... a next time when he got to hear his voice. Or talk to him.
 
But that was really the last time. Also the first... or not.
 
 
 
Yixing arrived to Changsha safely, without any troubles or anything. His chinese was fortunately still intact and hadn't fade away from staying too long in Seoul with only Lu Han and Tao to talk to, who were still learning the language so they had to talk in Korean every now and then. They only got to talk in Mandarin whenever the three of them were together but often times, Tao would stop them and ask to speak in Korean. Talking in Mandarin reminded Tao of home and it hurt the youngest out of all of them. Yixing and Lu Han understood. 
 
The crying of his grandmother from across the room bugged Yixing so much. He wondered why he was crying but he knew prying into the business of adults would be one of the wrongest things to do even if he himself was already a full-grown adult. His grandmother was talking to somebody over the phone and his mother was there, rubbing his grandmother's back to soothe her. He wondered what was wrong.
 
Yixing the television to take his attention away from his grandmother who was crying a day before her birthday. He flipped through channels and finally settled for one that was currently airing news. The news was filled about a plane crash. The plane landed while Yixing's plane was aloft, a few hours from him landing to his homeland. The accident happened on air and the plane crashed, fortunately, on an empty field. There were deaths. A lot of deaths. Pictures of dead passengers started to appear on the screen. Yixing would usually not pay attention to these sort of news, he hated bad news after all. But his attention got pulled in when the picture of the tall blonde flashed across the screen though his hair was black and was pushed back. Then the name "Wu Yifan" appeared under his picture for a while and Yixing almost choked on his saliva.
 
Prince died.
 
Yixing wanted to cry. He was crying for a stranger.
 
He wondered about the person whom Prince called 'baby', if 'baby' had heard this depressing news, if his family knew about his death. And apparently, an old man with the surname Wu appeared just after Prince's picture and that old man appeared to be his grandfather.
 
Yixing felt heavy pressure on his chest. He wanted to cry. He wanted to cry himself to sleep but he didn't know why. Wu Yifan was still a stranger. Nothing more nothing less. A stranger whom he loved at first sight.
 
His prince died.