There Is Hope [ happy ending ]

Beautiful Stranger

 

This is the happy ending of our story, perhaps... only the start. 

 


 

 

Yixing got home to Changsha safely, though he was a bit hungry as he didn't dare get anything from the airplane because he knew that as soon as he reached their doorstep, his grandmother and mother would be stuffing him with different delicacies. Yixing smiled at the thought. He went home because tomorrow would be his grandmother's birthday, he kne she didn't have much more time and Yixing worked really hard to be able to go home today.

The cab pulled in front of their house and the gate of their house opened, revealing his father who jumped up and though, he probably saw Yixing through the tinted glass. Yixing paid the driver and he went out, screaming 'father' to his father and he hugged him. The loud cheering of his father was then heard by his mother and grandmother. Yixing pulled away from his father after the older man patted his son on the back then proceeding to take his luggage from the cab's trunk.

Yixing let his father take his luggage and he turned to the two of the most meaningful people in his life. His grandmama and his mama.

He walked to them, arms spreaded wide as the two equally plump women huddled in his arms. Yixing instinctively placed his arms around them, though they were too short to fully envelope them. "Xing is home now, please don't cry." He said, patting the older of the two women with the fading grey hair. He felt her tears soak his shirt, he knew it was his grandmother that cried because his mother had pulled away lightly and only his grandmother was pressed against him.

After two good minutes of trying to calm down his grandmother whom he know had missed him, dearly, Yixing was ushered up to his old bedroom so he could rest and get up for dinner, they were serving his favorite. Yixing was glad and surprised that his room looked exactly the same as he left it three years ago. Yixing took off his blazer and burrowed under the sheets, its texture and feeling was familiar, he missed home, he really did. Yixing curled under his sheets, he started wondering if he could see the stranger again. Yixing fell asleep with the face of the stranger in his mind.

 

"We'll be having friends over from Guangzhou." Yixing heard his father when he walked out his room, his hair mussed up from sleep and the hem of his tank top stuck up slightly, showing the skin of his tummy. Yixing scratched his head and yawned, walking over to the sofa at the middle of the living room before reaching out for the remote control to check the channels, he missed the shows too.

"Xingxing. Fix yourself, we'll have friends over for dinner. They are grandma's old friends and they are as well staying here for the mean time." His mother told him, patting him on the shoulder before hastily returning to the kitchen where Grandma checked on the food. Yixing nodded and pulled himself off from the comfortable sofa he used to jump on when he was a kid. Yixing felt a grumble in his stomach and he had just eaten snacks before he fell asleep. Who was he kidding? He was hungry and little cookie snacks couldn't suffice his hunger.

He walked over to the kitchen, "Grandma, I'm hungry." The slender boy said towards his grandmother as he pulled out a chair, his pout was deep and his arms were folded over the table. Grandma laughed and messed up Yixing's hair before patting his back.

"Aiyah, our little xing hasn't changed a bit." His grandmother said, settling down a plate full of food just to Yixing's liking. He stood up lightly, giving his grandmother a thankful kiss on the cheek and the older lady just patted him on the head like he was ten years old again. And like he was ten years old again, Yixing feasted upon the small meal presented to him. It could, at the least, suffice his hunger for the next three hours until dinner.

 

When mother said visitors, she wasn't kidding. Grandmother was in a fuss and Yixing had to hold her by the shoulders to stop her from moving around so much, he was worried that being panicky would stress her out and he didn't want that now. "Grandmother, calm down~ I'm sure they'll enjoy whatever you give them." Yixing said and smiled down at his grandmother who looked so little compared to him. He wasn't that tall though.

"Really? And oh, Xingxing, I hope you don't mind. They have a son, I think he's about your age and he'll be staying with you for the night, is that alright?" Grandmother asked, clasping her hands together and Yixing didn't like sharing his room, he didn't like people in his room... but he wanted to make grandmother happy. How could he say no to his grandmother anyways?

"Of course grandmother, it is really alright." He smiled, a little dimple appearing at the side of his lips, making him look very cherubic.

 

Two hours passed and Yixing managed to dress up casually to look good for the visitors. He knew grandmother barely had friends, it was either they were away in a country with their family or just... dead. So he wanted to look best for them even though he was sure he hadn't met the Wu's before. Or maybe he did, when he was so much younger and completely oblivious and forgetful.

There was a ring at the door and Yixing obliged to get it. He was sure it was the Wu's.

And then, when he pulled the door open, the rather strikingly handsome stranger was behind the door, looking down at him in a much more casual outfit, a little girl holding unto his other hand and the other gripped on a handbag. He noticed how the handbag was the one he was carrying at the airport earlier ago. Yixing fought hard to sputter out the word 'Prince' the light pull on his arm took him out his trance, it was his grandmother who completely walked past Prince and hugged the slim woman behind him, she looked like she was around grandmother's age, too.

"Uh, come in?"

Who knew, who knew that the beautiful stranger was the guy he once played with when he was so much younger? Who knew that he would be seeing the beautiful stranger once again. Yixing felt happy, a sudden warmth was rushing through his inside and he couldn't wait to talk to him. Though he wasn't the type to talk much, he wanted to befriend the beautiful blonde. And perhaps, just perhaps, ask him if he was a prince of some sort.