Chapter 5 Crush

First Love Never Dies?

Chapter 5 Crush

Han Seul’s POV:

I just arrived in the SM Entertainment Building for I’ll meet DBSK today and also his manager for I’ll be discussing the Do’s and Don’ts on the Philippines. I was walking to go to the room where I’ll meet them when suddenly my phone vibrated. I get my phone on my bag as I look at my phone to read the message. I wasn’t looking at the way that I bump into someone. I fall but thankfully my phone didn’t fall because I was able to hold it before it falls. The person also falls but stands up to offer me help. I was still looking down to check if there are bruises but thankfully there are none.

“Sorry. I wasn’t looking. Are you ok?” The person who I bumped into said and that’s when I realized it was a guy who I bumped into. He also helps me to stand up. I looked at him and I don’t know what got into me. He was very handsome and as I look at his face, I felt my heart kept on beating fast. When I saw him, I felt like that the qualities on my prince charming or my dream guy is on him. He has cool sharp and big eyes, high nose and lips that I think match well together with his small face. He is tall and I think he stands 6’ feet. His hair was black medium up style. He was only wearing casual clothing but I think he looks good on it.  

I wasn’t aware that I was staring at him for too long if not for him waving his hand in front of me while saying “Miss, are you ok?”

I just nodded because words don’t come out of my mouth. I don’t know why maybe because I was still surprise seeing a guy like him that you only thought exists on those dramas or to those fictional dramas. I already feel the heat rushing into my face. I tried to hide it by looking down.

“Siwon hyung!” That voice caused me to look up & saw Changmin coming closer to us.

“Oh Han Seul! Hi!” He greeted me as he come closer while looking at me.

“Did you receive my text message? Sorry if we’re late but Yunho hyung & manager hyung are already on their way here. Yunho hyung have a schedule and manager hyung only accompany him.” He asked me & explained.

I was actually about to answer when the guy who Changmin called as Siwon answered.

“Actually, I accidentally bumped into her while she was holding her phone so I don’t think so she read your message.” He replied while I just nodded.

“Oh, by the way, Siwon hyung, this is Han Seul who is our interpreter for our fan meeting on Philippines. Han Seul, this is Siwon hyung of Super Junior.” Changmin introduce us to one another.

“Nice meeting you and by the way sorry again for bumping on you earlier.” He said as he extended his hand.

I shyly shook his hand before answering “Nice meeting you also and I’m at fault also because I wasn’t looking at my way and was looking at my phone so don’t need to be sorry.”

Suddenly, we heard DBSK’s manager calling us. He was with Yunho-shi.

“Changmin-ah, Han Seul-ah, & Siwon, hi!” DBSK’s manager greeted while coming closer to us.

“Hi hyung. Oh right! I have to go now. Nice meeting you Han Seul and also to bumping to all of you here. I’ll go now to my schedule.” Siwon-shi said and afterwards, waving & smiling at us. I don’t know if they notice it but I feel that I blush after he smiled. Really why am I like this? Why am I acting like a high school girl who just had a crush?

“Let’s go now. Sorry again Han Seul-ah for being late. It’s just something cause delays on both of their schedule.” DBSK’s Manager explained.

“No, it’s okay. I was also late and just arrived here.” I replied back with a smile trying to make them not feel sorry for being late.

“Ok. Let’s proceed now to the room.” DBSK’s manager said as we all go on our way to the room.

End of Han Seul’s POV

Changmin’s POV:

I just arrived here at the SM building after finishing a schedule. Today I’m really excited because I’ll get to meet again Han Seul because we’ll be having a meeting for the fan meeting on the Philippines. The fan meeting will be held next week so today Han Seul will teach some basics about the country Philippines and what to do when we get there like the do’s and don’ts in the Philippines.

I went on the floor where we will meet Han Seul when I saw Siwon hyung with a girl. The girl looks familiar but I can’t figure out on who she is because she’s looking down so I decided to come closer to them.

“Siwon hyung!” I called Siwon hyung while coming closer to them and the girl looked up. It turns out to be Han Seul.

“Oh Han Seul! Hi!” I greeted her as I come closer while looking at her.

“Did you receive my text message? Sorry if we’re late but Yunho hyung & manager hyung are already on their way here. Yunho hyung have a schedule and manager hyung only accompany him.” I asked her & explained. I waited for her answer but Siwon hyung was the one who answered.

“Actually, I accidentally bumped into her while she was holding her phone so I don’t think so she read your message.” Siwon hyung replied while Han Seul just nodded. I decided to introduce them to each other since I know or felt that they just met today.

“Oh, by the way, Siwon hyung, this is Han Seul who is our interpreter for our fan meeting on Philippines. Han Seul, this is Siwon hyung of Super Junior.” I introduce them to one another.

“Nice meeting you and by the way sorry again for bumping on you earlier.” Siwon hyung said as he extended his hand.

Han Seul shyly shook his hand before answering “Nice meeting you also and I’m at fault also because I wasn’t looking at my way and was looking at my phone so don’t need to be sorry.”

The way Han Seul acts shyly in front of Siwon hyung got me thinking. Don’t tell me she like Siwon hyung that’s why she don’t act like that way when she’s around with us Yunho hyung? Since when? Don’t tell me she’s been a fan of Siwon hyung or an ELF for many years?

My thoughts were interrupted when we heard manger hyung calling us. He was with Yunho hyung.

“Changmin-ah, Han Seul-ah, & Siwon, hi!” Manager hyung greeted while coming closer to us.

“Hi hyung. Oh right! I have to go now. Nice meeting you Han Seul and also to bumping to all of you here. I’ll go now to my schedule.” Siwon hyung said and afterwards, waving & smiling at us. I don’t know if I’m right but I think I saw Han Seul blush after Siwon hyung smiled. Looks like she really like Siwon hyung. That realization hurts me because I felt like I don’t have any chance with her. She’s in love with someone else and what more to a man like Siwon hyung that has the qualities many girls like. I don’t know but I felt sad because what if they end up together? What will become of me? Do I really don’t have any chance with her? Suddenly manager hyung speak interrupting me with my thoughts.

“Let’s go now. Sorry again Han Seul-ah for being late. It’s just something cause delays on both of their schedule.” Manager hyung explained.

“No, it’s okay. I was also late and just arrived here.” She replied back with a smile. When we met, she didn’t smile like that. It was the first time I’ve seen her smile since we met again. She was really beautiful when she smiled that again & the thoughts earlier I have fade away. Right, Changmin! Don’t give up on her. Show her you love her and make her fall for her. I have to make her realize that I’m the right one for him and not Siwon hyung. I smiled with the thought of having her as my girl.

“Ok. Let’s proceed now to the room.” Manager hyung said as we all go on our way to the room.

We sit on the chair while Han Seul goes to the center where a board is located so that she can teach us or write the important things we have to remember when we’ll go to the Philippines.

“Good afternoon to the 3 of you! What I would like to discuss with the three of you first is about the country Philippines. Philippines is one of the countries on the Southeast Asia. It is a country that comprises of 7,107 islands spread throughout its 300,000 square kilometers land area. The country’s culture is a healthy mix of East and West. During its pre-colonial area, early inhabitants of the islands had cultural and trade interactions with its Asian neighbors, including China. Western culture mixed with indigenous culture when the Spanish and the Americans colonized the Philippines. Spain occupied the country for over 300 years and the Americans for over 50 years. Because of that, the foreign travelers will find it easy to communicate with Filipinos because Filipinos can speak the English language. That would be all for about the country. You all understand it, right?” Han Seul explained. We just nodded as a sign of understanding & for her to continue.

(A/N: For the information about the Philippines, credits to the following sites: http://www.islandsofthephilippines.com/about-philippines/ , http://www.dfa.gov.ph/dfatip/index.php/aboutphl)

“What I would discuss next is the Do’s and Don’ts in the Philippines. First of all, don’t be surprised to see kids and adults alike waving as you make your way through the welcoming streets of the Philippines – it’s really in the nature of the Filipinos to extend their warmth to any guest of their country. The hospitality or generosity towards visitors is the Filipino’s most endearing trait, making the Philippines one of the most tourist-friendly countries in the world. So now I will list down the Do’s and Don’ts in the Board.” Han Seul said as she writes down on the board. When she finished writing down on the board, she explained each.

  1. Do take the time to smile. Filipinos like to say hi, and they appreciate it when visitors reciprocate. Handshakes are the usual way to greet people.
  2. Don’t forget also to laugh. Laughter is used very frequently in the Philippines: to break tension, to relieve moments of awkwardness, and to put people at ease. A good sense of humor is definitely an asset in the Philippines.
  3. Don’t lose your temper. It’s easier to get Filipinos on your side if you approach situations in a calm and composed manner. Filipinos are more willing to help if you don’t embarrass them in public.
  4. Do recognize that Filipinos tend to be indirect. Even if they mean to refuse, they will avoid actually using the word “No” in conversations, and instead will use other ways to get their message across.
  5. Do come in appropriate clothes when the occasion calls. Although the Philippines is a walkable country, not all places would welcome you in your flip-flops and shorts. Churches, government institutions and some restaurants require proper attire. Besides, if you come well dressed, Filipinos will admire you, and it’s always fun to dress up!
  6. The most important is do show respect to anyone regardless of their social class or age. Saying “Sorry” and “Excuse me” is appreciated. In the Philippine culture, the elderly are given particular respect. Using the proper words (such as the polite “po” and “opo” when speaking to elders) is a sure way of endearing yourself to Filipinos.

“When travelling, these are the do’s and don’ts.” Han Seul said as she writes down again on the board and afterwards, said it while explaining.

  1. Make sure your stomach can handle the street food. Don't eat street food unless you know it's safe for consumption.
  2. Don't show off your valuables and gadgets. Flashing your jewelry, electronic items and other valuables may attract the attention of criminals.
  3. Don't give alms to the poor on the road. Mendicancy and alms-giving are offenses in the Philippines. If you wish to exercise your charity, there are many private and government institutions that will gladly accept your donations. On a related note, don't open your car window to street children.
  4. Don't be too trusting of the people you meet for the first time. It's best to be vigilant and to rely on common sense wherever you may be.
  5. Do use the thumbs-up sign for "OK!". The other common version, using the thumb and index finger, means "money" in the Philippines. 
  6. Don't beckon or point with your index finger when calling someone. Calling someone by name, using "sir" or "miss", or beckoning with your palm held downwards is preferred.

(A/N: For the do’s and don’ts, credits to this site: http://www.dfa.gov.ph/dfatip/index.php/what-to-do/culture/dosdonts)

As Han Seul was explaining to us, she often smile which I can say kinda distracted me from listening to her. Seeing as someone as beautiful as her teaching or explaining something will really distract you because you can’t help but to look at her face. Why does she often not smile when she can be really beautiful when she smile?

My thoughts were interrupted when Han Seul again speaks as she handed as a book.

“If ever you forget some of the things that I have said, this is a book where all the things that I mentioned are stated. Got it?” Han Seul asked as she again smiles. We just nodded as she asked as to open the book on a certain page.

(A/N: The italicized words are the Filipino words or phrases.)

“As I have mentioned before, Filipinos can speak the English language because it is their 2nd language. So to greet them, you can say “Hi!”, “Good morning” or any other greetings in English. You can also say “Sorry”, “Thank you”, “Excuse me” and also some of the basic expression in English. But if you really wanted to greet them in Filipino, you can say Magandang araw po! It is “Good day”. If ever you wanted to say “Thank you”, you can say Maraming salamat po or simply Salamat po will do. When introducing yourself or your group, you can also say “Hello we are DBSK. I am Changmin/Yunho.” But if you wanted to introduce yourself in Filipino, you’ll say Hello Kami ang DBSK. Ako si Changmin/Yunho. I know that your Filipino fans will surely be happy hearing you speaking their language. The other words or phrases are in the book but if you can’t pronounce it, you can ask me now.” Han Seul said and asked.

“How do you say sister or brother?” Yunho hyung asked.

“Here in Korea, if a guy is calling a girl who is older than him, he calls him noona but if a girl is calling a girl older than her, she calls her unnie. If a girl is calling a guy who is older than her, she calls him oppa but if a guy is calling a guy who is older than him, he calls him hyung. In Philippines, any gender can call a girl who is older than him/her Ate and also any gender can call a boy who is older than him/her Kuya. Calling them that way can make them feel that they are not that old because if you called them Sir/Mam, they feel like it’s very formal or they felt like they are too old. But I think it’s still depends on the person whom you are talking to on how you’ll he/she address or call.” Han Seul answered.

“How about I love you?” I asked.

Mahal kita. That’s it if you are saying it to a one person but if it will be for your fans, you can say Mahal ko kayong lahat.” Han Seul answered as she slowly pronounces the words.

Mahal kita” I said as I looked at Han Seul.

“The way you pronounce it is right. How about you Yunho-shi?” Han Seul replied and asked Yunho hyung. Yunho hyung said the phrase Mahal ko kayong lahat and Han Seul was happy that we’re able to pronounce the words right. After learning the phrase Mahal kita, there’s a part of me that wanted to repeat it again to Han Seul hoping she’ll know that that’s what I felt for her but I know this day is not right for me to confess because we have to learn the Filipino language because the fan meeting will be next week.

“How about I miss you?” I asked again.

Na-miss kita if you’re saying it to a one person but if it will be for your fans, you’ll say Na-miss ko kayong lahat.” Han Seul answered as she continued teaching us.

“Many Spanish words are used by the Filipinos so there are times that a certain word is a Spanish term or a Filipino term. The example is the counting of numbers. 1-10 is isa, dalawa, tatlo, apat, lima, anim, pito, walo, siyam, sampu. You can also say the Spanish numbers in counting. It is also used in the Philippines. 1-10 is uno, dos, tres, kwatro, singko, sais, syete, otso, nuwebe, diyes.” She said as she requested for us to pronounce or repeat what she teach us.

“When eating when you wanted to say the food is delicious, you’ll say Ang sarap nito. I forgot to tell you what is Yes/No in Filipino. Yes is Oo/Opo. No is Hindi/Hindi po. When saying Sorry, you’ll say Pasensya na po. Any other words or phrases you wanted to ask?” Han Seul asked us.

“Can you please teach us what’s in this book that you haven’t told us how to pronounce it?” Yunho hyung ask.

Han Seul answered “OK.” and our lesson about the Filipino language continued. Han Seul was really a good teacher because she always makes sure that we really know how to speak or pronounce it correctly the words/phrases.  She was even patient because there are many words/phrases that we can’t pronounce correctly even for many times but she continued encouraging us to keep on trying that’s why we ended up pronouncing the words/phrases correctly. I remember back then when we were in middle high school, she was really good in English & many of our classmates asked her to teach them how to pronounce the words/phrases or even asked her how to construct sentences or anything about the English language. Even back then I have seen she’s really a linguist because she can speak even just the basic expression in different languages & I know even back then that if she’ll learn the language, she can be fluent on it.

I think we spent the days together for about 5 hours and thankfully, we can speak some basic expressions in Filipino. We picked up our things as we leave the room. Fortunately, we don’t have any schedules after this meeting so I decided to take the opportunity to ask Han Seul for a dinner date. We ride on the elevator together and I was about to asks her but we are far from each other after many people ride on the elevator so I decided to just asks her before we exits the building.

“Han Seul, are you free tonight? I’d just like to invite you for dinner. You know, we can catch up on things.” I asked shyly anticipating for her answer and hoping it’s a positive reply.

“Sorry Changmin but I can’t. I’m meeting my younger sister Han Yeul tonight. She already made reservation so I have to go now because it’s already near the time we have to meet. Han Yeul don’t like waiting so I’ll go now. Maybe some other time. See you soon!”” Han Seul replied and waved with a smile before riding a bus to go to her destination. Her reply left me to feel disappointed because when I have time, she’s the one who has appointment.

“Changmin-ah, are you going somewhere? I’ll go now to the dorm.” Yunho hyung asked me.

“No, hyung. I’ll go with you now. I’m also tired. I want to go home.” I sadly replied.

I immediately hop on our car as Yunho hyung followed. I pretended I’m asleep but also tried to sleep throughout the ride to prevent Yunho hyung to asked me questions because I was just sad that Han Seul can have dinner with me just when I’m free. But wait? She replied some other time so that means there’s a possibility that she’ll agree if I ever asks her again & she’s free. I smiled at that thought & continued pretending to sleep without me realizing that I already fallen asleep if it weren’t for Yunho hyung shaking me up to wake me up because we’re already on the dorm. I entered the dorm with the thought of looking forward to my future dinner date with Han Seul but also to meeting again Han Seul.

End of Changmin’s POV

Han Seul’s POV:

I ride on the bus after I finished saying my goodbye to Changmin. Actually, a part of me was thankful that I’ll be meeting Han Yeul today because if not, I don’t have any excuse to not go with him. It’s not like I don’t like him as a person; it’s just that I still feel uncomfortable with him because I can’t help but to think that he was my first love. Han Seul! Getting uncomfortable with your first love seems like you still have feelings for him which you know already disappear. Really hate those dramas in TV; it makes me think like this. You know those dramas that when they meet their first love, they’ll fall in love with each other again. Maybe I’ll just shake those thoughts of so that I’ll be comfortable when Changmin is around.

I look at the window and realized I already arrive on my destination so I get off the bus on the bus stop near the restaurant. It just takes me about 5 minutes to arrive on the restaurant.

I entered the restaurant & was greeted by a waitress.

“Do you have a reservation?” The waitress asked me.

“Reservation by Kim Han Yeul.” I replied back.

“Right this way.” The waitress said as she guides me to where Han Yeul is already sitting. I thank her as I sit down across Han Yeul.

“Hi unnie! Are you already hungry? Do you want to order now? Remember it’s my treat for the success of my story.” Han Yeul asked me.

“A glass of water will do for now. We can just order later.” I replied back.

“Your glass of water will be in a minute.” The waitress said as she bows before going on her way to get my glass of water. After a minute I think, she came back with my glass of water.

“Here’s your glass of water.” She said as she places my glass of water.

“Thank you. I think Han Yeul we should order now. Anything will be fine with me.” I said to Han Yeul & to the waitress after drinking the glass of water.

“Ok. Garlic bread, 1 Spaghetti Carbonara, 1 Spaghetti Bolognese. For the drink, 2 iced teas. For the desert, tiramisu. That would be all.” Han Yeul ordered as she handed the menu after saying the orders. The waitress writes down our orders.

“Garlic bread, 1 Spaghetti Carbonara, 1 Spaghetti Bolognese, 2 iced teas and tiramisu. Ok. I’ll be right back with your drinks.” The waitress repeated our orders before leaving us to bring our drinks.

After I think 5 minutes, she arrived with our drinks and with the garlic bread.

“Thank you for waiting. Here’s your drinks and the garlic bread. Your pastas will be ready in 15 minutes.” She said as she places the drinks and the garlic bread.

“Thank you.” We replied afterwards she bows down & go on her way serving the other customers while waiting for our orders.

This been bugging me so I decided to ask Han Yeul while waiting.

“Do you know Super Junior?” I asked. Maybe she knows something about them.

“Why? Are you interested on them? Don’t tell me you have bias on that group?” Han Yeul asks not answering my question.

“No, it’s because I went to SM Building earlier & just saw a poster of them.” I lied.

“I don’t think so unnie. You have been seeing DBSK’s poster back then but it’s really funny that you don’t even take interest on asking about them if it weren’t you’re going to be their interpreter. I know you so well unnie so who?” Han Yeul replied.

I just sigh as I replied knowing Han Yeul see through me.

“Ok. When I arrived on SM Building, I was already on my way to the room for the meeting when suddenly someone texted me. I get my phone on my bag as I look at my phone to read the message. I wasn’t looking at the way so I bump into someone.” I told her and was about to continue when suddenly the waitress arrive having our orders.

“Here’s your Spaghetti Carbonara and Spaghetti Bolognese.” The waitress places our orders as we said our “Thank you” to her.

“So what happens next? And who is it?” Han Yeul asked after the waitress leave.

“You know the food looks really tasty now and I’m already hungry. Can we just eat first and I’ll tell you before we eat the dessert?” I asked Han Yeul because it’s true that I’m already too hungry and seeing the mouthwatering food in front of me doesn’t help either.

“Ok. I’ll surely nag at you or kept on reminding it to you if you don’t.” She threatens me while I just nodded as I started eating.

We eat and after for about 20 minutes, we finished eating our food. We both wipe our face with a napkin and also drink our iced tea.

“Continue unnie.” Han Yeul said.

“Ok. Excited much?” I replied that makes Han Yeul to pout.

“I was only joking. I fall and wasn’t able to see the face of the person because I was trying to save my phone from falling. And thankfully, I was able to hold it before it falls. Then the person also falls but stands up to offer me help. I was still looking down when I stand up to check if there are bruises but thankfully there are none. I realized that ‘that’ person was a guy when he spoke up and apologized because he wasn’t looking also and also asks if I’m okay.” I told Han Yeul.

“So after seeing him you had a crush on him? How is he looking? Who is it?” Han Yeul said as I just nodded before answering.

“He has cool sharp and big eyes, high nose and lips that I think match well together with his small face. He is tall and I think he stands 6’ feet. His hair was black medium up style. He was only wearing casual clothing but I think he looks good on it.” I described him.

“Wait, is he Siwon?” Han Yeul answered.

“How did you know?” I asked back.

“He’s the popular member from the group. And I know he has the qualities of your prince charming or your dream guy. Wait, unnie. How did you know his name?” Han Yeul replied back.

“Actually, I felt embarrassed because he kept on asking me if I’m okay but it felt like I can’t keep my eyes out of him. And what more embarrassing is I just nodded while trying to hide my blushing face. I was able to know his name when Changmin arrive and called him. He even introduces us to each other. After some minutes, DBSK’s manager with Yunho-shi arrived and he also greeted them before going on his schedule.” I shyly continued.

“That’s really embarrassing unnie but now I know you’re normal.” Han Yeul teasingly said.

“Ya! I’m normal.” I replied back as I hit her on her arm.

“Unnie that hurts! It was just I thought you don’t have any crushes or fall in love so I thought you were not a normal person that feel that way. Sorry and I was just joking. Why are you taking it seriously?” Han Yeul replied back and explained.

The waitress arrived after I asked her for our dessert. When we finished eating, Han Yeul paid for our food and then we left to go home through a taxi. She was grinning and even kept on teasing me while I just hide my blush from her. I kept on hitting her so she stops from it. The taxi driver was laughing on what we’re doing and find our siblings’ relationship cute & very rare. After some minutes, we arrived on our house and paid the taxi driver. We immediately went on our room because we’re both tired from our work. I wasn’t still sleepy so those thoughts that I can’t get out of my head suddenly pop up in my head. Like what will I do when I met again Siwon-shi? Will I blush again and acts like a high school girl who just had a crush? Will he able to see through me?

I decided to shake those thoughts off and just look forward to the day that I’ll set my foot again on the Philippines. The last country that I went with my father and my family before he passed away…

Author’s Note:

This is the 5th chapter.

Sorry that I just updated this story just today because I can’t update because I’m getting busy lately and I’m experiencing writer’s block. Not only that, I have 2 on-going fics aside from this so I hope you understand if ever I update late.

I decided to update because I got 13 subscribers on this fic :) My favorite number is 13 because I was born on the 13th so since I get 13 subscribers, I decided to update even though I was thinking of updating this fic maybe on the 4th week of June or on July.

Thank you to @mynameis, @Maswimelloumia and @bigbangvip4  who just subscribed on this fic :)

Thank you @ryoma28 for commenting on the 4th Chapter :)

And also really thank you for those who read this Chapter :)

Don’t know when I’ll update because I don’t have any spare Chapters but I hope you’ll wait for my update.

And also hoping you give comments on what you think of this Chapter :)