Part 3: What to do?

The Last Friend Ever~~

Time passes by, Kei started to court me. His courtship lasted for  two months. He's very persistent to win my heart.

He's been a good suitor to me and I felt that I'm fallen for him. I think if I accept his proposal to be his girlfriend I will not regret it.

I decided to Kei's girlfriend. At first we feel shy to each other. No worries and no problem. We started to go to school together, eat lunch together and do some stuffs together. We're too sweet. Feels like we're real couple! I'm happy.

...

Eli is rarely come with us. He said that he'll disturb us if he continue to go with us. I feel sorry for him. He cared for me a lot. He always asking me if my day is alright and if I ate my meals and told me to not to skip any. 

 

One time, Eli asked Kei if its okay if he'll be the one who me when going home and Kei is okay with that.

...

 

Eli and I go to a Baked Shop and bought a cake. 

"I especially asked this cake to the baker" he said and smiled.

"Really? Is it your birthday? It's so soon!"

"No. I just bought this for you, especially for you~"

"Aww. That's sweet! Thank you" I smiled.

"Don't worry. There's no poison" :D

"Let's go"

...

We reached my house.

"So, eat the cake at 10 pm. Promise me?" he said.

"Why? but, okay, I promised"

and we separared. 

I'm looking at Eli, I noticed that he's not okay. I want to ask him why but I dunno why I can't ask him.

...

I'm in my room, it's 9 pm. I was about to sleep and I forgotten about the cake.

Saturday...

When I woke up. I ate the cake as my breakfast. I just sliced a piece of it. 

I stood up and accidentally swiped the cake and fall in the floor. 

"Oh my~" 

I'm about to throw the cake but I noticed a piece of paper underneath. Then I noticed, it was a letter. From Eli? 

The letter said;

"My dear, I'm sorry but I can't take this anymore. I have to let go my feelings for you. I'm hurt but you don't care. I have to leave you. I know you'll blame me because I didn't tell you before. I can't tell this because I know it's not the right time. I'm the one who's sending you mails. We're friends but I love you more than anything. It was painful to know that you're happy with somebody else. I need to be happy for you but I can't stand it, seeing you loving someone else. I hope that you and Kei will last. I have to move on and let go. Just be happy with him. Please take care of yourself. After you read this, you can't see me anymore. Just remember, I'm always beside you.  -ELI"

My tears are falling when reading the letter. I was wrong, really, really wrong. I know, I love Eli. I can't live without him. We've been together for so may years. I'm such a...! I need him. He's just the only person who will understand me the most. How am I supposed to do if he leaves me behind? I made a big mistake. It was not Kei, it's Eli. I remembered everyhing he said to me "Babe" "How about me?" Oh no. Since then, he's telling me his feelings but I just ignored it! I'm sorry Eli~ 

I ran towards Eli's house. I knocked, and his Mom open the door.

"What's wrong Hija?" Tita said. ( Tita - a relative or a close older woman to you )

"Where's Eli? Where did he go? Tell me!" I was crying.

"You don't know?" 

"How would I know?!" still crying T.T

"His father, he took him and gone to states. I thought he told you about this"

"I'm sorry Tita. If I just knew his feeling" 

I feel depressed. He's already gone.

...

A week passed. 

"Hon, I feel that you're not okay. What's wrong?" Kei said.

"I just need some rest Eli" I wrongly said Eli instead Kei.

"Eli? You're thinking about him for a week"  

"I'm sorry"

"Let me talk to you Amber."

...

Kei take me to the garden.

I sat down on a bench and Kei just stand. 

"What do you want to say?"

 "First, let me say sorry. I don't want to ruin your friendship but how about my feelings for you?"

"What? what are you saying? I can't understand you"

"Should I tell you this? Or just walk away from you? I don't know how to start but please don't be angry" 

"Alright. Just tell me" I calmy said.

"It's about Eli. I know everything" he said.