Chapter one: The first time.

As Almighty as Key

 

A/N: Oh god Hi!! Please comment or vote to let me know what you think! I can't bare thinking someone's reading this and doesn't want to talk to me, anyone who reads this please comment promise ill reply! :3 anyway, here's another chapter for you, I hope you enjoy! (Plus, you can send in requests you know! For anything! I'll do my best, hwaiting!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter one: The first time.

"Soooo, did you see the notice board this afternoon, guess what Mr N is cooking this Friday!!" I was laying in my dorm room bed reading when I got a call from key, that was the first thing he said. I reply "No, but I can guess!!"

"APPLE CRUMBLE!" we both screamed in unison. 

"Oh god do you remember the first time you came to cooking class? You were clearly shocked by my outrageous beauty, wouldn't let go of my hand!" He chuckled darkly, ", I'm the fairest of them all, I was just deciding whether to take you out back and out and consume your youth."  

"EWW!" I replied "You sure are the evil queen aren't you?" I laughed  

"I'm the queen B that's for sure." 

"Oh who could deny that after the day you wore pink speedo's to regionals?" We both burst out laughing, when we'd both calmed considerably and caught our breath again Key said  

"Oh yeah, the day you wouldn't stop ing on me, didn't take your eyes off me once did you?"  

"Excuse you, I came to that competition as moral support who else was I supposed to be looking at?.......I had a hard enough time keeping my eyes on you as it was, your competition from south east had the sweetest abs! Uh I drooled!" I heard a spring from the phone line as if key abruptly rose out of bed then he said 

"Just keep your eyes on this eye candy hun" I detect a hint of jealousy...  

"Is my little kimmie bummie wummie jealous...?" I said with the most aegyo voice I could stand. 

"Meet me at cooking tomorrow, don't be late." Then he hung up. I wonder if I really have made him jealous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking up to the class I already found key in an apron emerging from the little pantry, holding an apron for me. No wonder he was here early, to stick me with the best apron he could find. I had no idea why Mr N possessed such an apron but no one asked and no one told. This apron depicted a very "attractive" woman's body greasing herself up with cooking margarine while in a (ridiculously small) red bikini. I took the apron off a smirking Key and tied it around my self as I walked around him to our work counter. We greeted each other as usual "Nannie oppa" with a nod of his head.  

"Bummie jakiya" I said with a nod of mine. Since in our relationship I was more like the man an key the girl we gave each other these nicknames that to anyone with any Korean knowledge it sounded extremely wrong and quite funny.

We proceeded to gather our utensils together and arrange them at our little counter near the back of the class. "Ri Na, I finally have you back! Tempted you away from your studies with apple crumble did I?" Mr Nichols happily joked as he walked to me and Key.  

"And you Mr. Kim, I'm certain I never see you attend unless you following in Miss Lee's wake"  

"He's obsessed with me Mr N, plus he kinda loves apple crumble too" I smiled back.  

"Well actually since he knows well enough now how to make it, could you help the new student Ri Na?" 

"No!" Me and Key both said in unison, leaving Mr N shocked and blinking, then me and Key fumbled over our words.  

"Well... You see..." 

"I don't think key.... Quite..." 

"...I need...... More help.... Still.." 

Mr N just grinned and backing away said "I got it" winking before he turned around and headed to the other side of the class to the new student. When he left both me and Key audibly let out a sigh.  

I jumped right on the ball and looked key dead in the eyes saying "Couldn't stand to be away from me huh?" Key was equally quick witted and replied "oh please, you where all like "I don't think key ..... Quite.."." Key drawled in the worst imitation of my voice I'd heard. We both stated at each other then burst into a fit of giggles earning us quizzical glances from the other students. We ignored them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turning to put the sieve away I accidentally knocked the flour over with my elbow. "Oh , damn!" I cursed, bending down on my knees trying to clean the powdery mess as best I could. Key without saying a word lent down to help me. Just at the moment we both looked up at each other only inches apart ...... 'CLUNK' something extremely hot and hard fell right on Key's head. I looked up abruptly, on of the passing students walking by tripped on Key's leg and dropped their dish of fresh-out-the-oven apple crumble right on his head.

"Key are you okay!?" I panicked, picking him up and dragging him to a seat.  

"Huh, yeah.... Can I, ... I'd like to go home now." He mumbled looking down feeling through the hair on his head as if looking for a lump. I dragged his hand away. "Of course, let me just get our coats"  

Mr N and all the other students who had seen the incident where still standing stock still. Before retrieving our coats I asked Mr N to bring me a tea towel with some ice wrapped up in it, he did as I said while I went to the coat rack and fetched out coats. I returned to where Key was slumping and handed him his coat, taking the tea towel from Mr N I asked Key if he could hold this to his head for me. He obliged and sighed at the cold contact. "Key, can you stand up for me, come on its time to go home."  

He shakily stood up and I put his arm over my shoulder and headed towards the door. Mr N stopped me and in his outstretched arms held two packed containers, he said "your crumbles, don't want to forget them." He smiled.  

I smiled back and with my free arm the one that I wasn't supporting key with, I reached forward and held the warm containers, thanking Mr N and then turning towards the door.

__________________________

It was a short walk from the teachers dorm to the student hall dorms. I'd just gotten Key through the door when I realised what was ahead of us. I'd visited Key's dorm countless times and each time I was out of breath from the seven flights of stairs I had to climb, even without his kind of head trauma it was difficult. I stood Key up straight "Key, d'you think you can make it up the stairs?" He feebly nodded.  

So I began half walking half dragging him up the stairs at a snails pace. When we finally reached his level he was almost back to normal, he didn't need my support and if you ignored the fact he would stumble on his own feet occasionally, you'd say he was tip-top. 

"Ri Na oppaaa~" he teased. "I'd like to sit down. I'm light headed." No wanting him to pass out I obliged, I had no chance of dragging his body to his dorm. He may look slim and feline but you must remember he's a swimmer and under than green knit sweater right now is a tight, lean, proportionally muscled body. 

We sat down on the landing to his floor as an awkward silence filled the air in place of where our foot steps once echoed.  

"Read me a sonnet" Key suddenly said, leaning his head on my shoulder and slumping slightly to reach my level.  

"Which one? There are 154 you know?" I chuckled. He pinched my tummy which made me jump and giggle from the tickling sensation. 

"Oppa, you know which one. My favourite." He oh so cutely said whilst pouting. So I began the first line of his favourite sonnet, 130, after a moment to take in a breath.... 

"My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun, coral is far more red then her lips red..." 

Key stayed dead silent the whole time, when I got to his favourite line. "I grant I never saw a goddess go, my mistress when she walks treads on the ground.." He placed his cold hand on top of my warm one, turning my hand over and over in his. Then came the last line of the sonnet, when he looked up into my eyes as I stared straight back, barely mumbling the last lines more like whispering.  

"And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare. As... as.. any she belies with false.... compare."  

As soon as I'd parted my lips to utter the last syllable Key was only a matter of millimetres from my face. One of his hands on my hip, holding me up in a sitting position, the other through my hair. Our foreheads slightly touching our noses brushing just barely and then....