Close Your Eyes

Escape to Redemption

Hey.

I demand you.

To listen.

To this.

Before/after/during reading IDFK.

The title is in the song.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/search?q=i'm+with+you+shinee

I know it's a total contrast to the whole story theme, but seriously. It's ALL that I listened to when writing this on paper.

Enjoy reading. c:


 

 

 

  “Hey, Jonghyun?” Minho asked.

They were outside again that week later. Bom had been with them for a few minutes before she had to have a sit down with Kapsoo for some reason, and she just huffed and puffed, saying she was going to talk ancient with him until he got so fed up with trying to figure out her riddling language and let her be.

  “Yeah?” Jonghyun took his finger out of his ear, inspecting his nail of the dirty evidence before flicking it off.

Minho twitched at the lack of hygiene of his doggy friend before continuing, “Have you looked behind yourself, yet?”

Jonghyun shook his finger with an eyebrow up, turning around to see the fresh flowers in the ground.

Jonghyun turned completely, getting up and walking over to it as if he were in a trance, “Oh.”

Seeing Jonghyun was already full of emotion just by a simple ‘oh’, Minho followed behind him (as well as a few guards' stares, still keeping their distance).

Jonghyun stood in front of the stone pressed into the ground, falling to his knees before delicately holding a pink flower with his thumb and pointer finger, a small, sullen smile on his lips.

Minho knelt beside him getting a better look at the stone—a small headstone labeled in carefully printed symbols.

 

Kibum

 

  “They’re so pretty, this time,” Jonghyun whispered, his fingers touching each colorful flower, “They’re so . . . bright this time,” his finger trailed down until he hit the gravestone, slowly following over the symbols of Kibum’s name, “Kibum-ah . . .”

  “Trinity put them there,” Minho whispered, “She put them in.”

Jonghyun nodded, his hand hiding Kibum’s name, “She’s a good person, all honestly. She’s such a good person . . .”

Jonghyun sat cross-legged in front of the flowers, a small smile lighting up his face as he tread his hands over the dead grass around him. This may ever be the happiest Minho has seen Jonghyun, and even though it was a great thing to see, Minho still felt saddened by it. He knew Jonghyun was happy, but still dying on the inside. This person wasn't here with him, and by now, Minho knew this person, a man, couldn't walk beside Jonghyun even if he were free.

Jonghyun's pointer finger delicately trailed over the spectrum of flower colors, feeling the cool, alive flowers on his tips. His smile would fade a little, but pull back up, biting his lip like a nervous little boy.

Minho always thought Jonghyun knew how it felt to be separated from their love when it was the other way around. Jonghyun suffered more than him and all he could do was prevent Minho going through whatever he went through.

Minho sat next to Jonghyun, staring at the flowers, stopping himself from asking anything. He felt like he was intruding with his presence, but selfishly, he didn't want to leave. To see Jonghyun this lit up was comforting for Minho, and as selfish as it sounded, he wanted to grasp on to it for as long as he could.

Jonghyun sniffed a little, taking Minho's hand, holding him delicately as his eyes shifted to the ground, "He was amazing, Minho. He was something you could never ask to have back in our time. Something other-worldly, yet, he belonged here. I was . . . the luckiest creature on the planet to meet him. To . . . to be able to hold him."

Minho watched his happiness crumble to the dead ground, his grip on Minho strengthening as he clenched his jaw. Jonghyun's happiness just couldn't persevere.

  "Kibum was human," Jonghyun whispered, his eyes filled with emotions Minho couldn't distinguish precisely, but they were full of anguish and were unbearable to look at, "A delicate species of the earth. And I could've . . . I could've kept him. He could still be here, Minho. Here with me . . ."

Minho, ignoring the guard's stares and the creatures' discrimination, gathered Jonghyun in his arms because he let him, just before the elder broke down into an emotional outburst.

Minho's heart broke as Jonghyun latched on to him like a child clutching on to its mother. The elder buried his face away, depending on Minho to shelter him to keep him from looking at the physical memory of Kibum.

  "He was all mine, Minho," Jonghyun quietly sobbed, "I was all his. But I couldn't keep him. I made the biggest mistake ever and it took Kibum from me." Jonghyun whimpered as a Taerant, but couldn't bring himself to transform. It wasn't worth any effort and wouldn't change a thing about Kibum's lack of life.

Jonghyun willingly let Minho pull him between his lap, placing his face to his neck, hushing him and rocking the elder, "It'll be okay, Jonghyun. It'll be okay man, I promise. . ."

  "I could've saved him!" Jonghyun blamed himself, "It was so easy, too! But I didn't!"

Minho held him tighter, firmly responding, "It's not your fault, Jonghyun. No one blames you—not even Kibum's angry with you, you know that."

Minho so badly wanted to know everything that happened by now; to know if Kibum died by old age; but wanted to sedate Jonghyun even more. To watch his only true creature-friend break down so easily hurt him so much. Minho couldn't even compare him and Taemin to Jonghyun and Kibum. He couldn't even measure him and Taemin's broken despair to Jonghyun's depression. Jonghyun went through much more than him. Why did it hurt more to see Jonghyun cry and not Taemin scream?

  "Calm down, Jonghyun," Minho hushed him.

You calm him down.

Minho nodded to himself, closing his eyes and pressing two fingers to Jonghyun's forehead. He kept himself calm, breathing slowly as he felt the heat from his heart slowly spread through his arm to his fingers. The warmth was comforting; homey. Like they were never in this place—like their despair never existed.

Transferring that to Jonghyun was easy, but Minho could feel the comfort being out of him; yet, instead of feeling gloomy, he felt some instinct—the instinct to nurture and protect Jonghyun. Like Jonghyun was his little Daegrent-baby-boy.

Like . . . a parent.

Something Minho never knew.

He felt his wings slowly come forth around their bodies, sheltering Jonghyun from the pain outside and closing him in with calm, clean happiness. Warmth.

Jonghyun's cries slowly turned to sniffles, breathing heavily and slowly. His hysteria was slowly erasing like Minho wanted. He wasn't going to be as sad.

Minho felt like he could finally breathe again, "You're okay."

Jonghyun looked like he was on the verge of sleep, but looked up at Minho with his large eyes, "Kibum was supposed to be one of my many man-slaughter meals," he confessed, opening up, "But I didn't do it. I just . . . stopped and stared. For years, that's all I did."

Jonghyun sniffed again and moved from Minho's neck, his brown eyes slowly getting brighter, almost changing color, "He was all alone. All mine.

  "My family left for China three years after I first saw him. We had killed too many people and, combined with other creatures, we were taking away most of Korea's population. . ."

Minho's wings curled further, sunlight unable to be seen through their shelter, brushing Jonghyun on the head.

  "I stayed behind," he smiled, touching the wing, "I stayed and introduced myself. Saucy, he was. But, he made me fall deeper. He accepted me as I accepted him.

  "He was so . . . handsome; so perfect. And I couldn't believe he let me in.

  "Kim Kibum," Jonghyun breathily chuckled, "Kim Kibum was in love with me just as much as I was in love with him. He came to me every day, every night, hoping I'd still be there, just as I hoped he would come.

  "But I never told him," Jonghyun looked down, "Never in that year did I tell him what existed in this world—in front of his eyes. I put the Taerant away every single day. It was for so long, and I never went back, never killed; I never wanted to go back. I ate what Kibum ate because it was all worth it—by the way," he looked back up, a look of disgust on his face, "How can you bear to eat carrots? They're so . . . gross. The color's too bright, the texture is so rough, it tastes like paper, it just . . . ew."

Minho chuckled, a wing petting the elder's head, "I get you don't like vegetables, you damn carnivore."

Jonghyun smiled, giving a small chuckle, "Kibum stopped my killing. He turned me from a damned demon to a trustworthy angel in a blink. God, he was so incredibly perfect, you wouldn't believe."

Minho somberly smiled, lightly punching Jonghyun on the shoulder, "I can't compare, you know that."

Jonghyun spent a moment to stare at Minho, giving him a double-take before he laughed, grabbing Minho's shoulders, "Look here."

Minho, confused, watched as Jonghyun's eye color flashed blue. Minho flinched as he felt consciousness slip away from him; he felt his whole being slip into the Taerant's eyes.

Minho knew he was no longer in the yard with Jonghyun when he couldn't see anything but crystal blue all around him; Jonghyun wasn't there and he wasn't anywhere. Just in this blue color.

The blue slowly settled and a little distance away, Jonghyun's figure was sitting there, wearing old clothes hundreds of years old, his face and body dirty, but still smiling as he looked at the empty space beside him.

Minho couldn't feel his body, but walked forward, watching as a faded figure was clearing while Jonghyun was erasing.

Minho felt himself have no voice, unable to scream for Jonghyun, but he wasn't worried about it. Everything seemed so . . . calm.

Minho reached the clear figure that smiled and silently spoke to the invisible Jonghyun.

He was incredibly young. Dark brown hair and short; which came to a shock. Minho knew Jonghyun and Kibum's time period did not fancy the idea of short hair. Maybe this person started the short hair trend.

His eyes were thin and wide, swimming in dark chocolate when they were opened. He had thick eyebrows, but one wasn't thick enough to hide a scar just below it. He had a sharp cupid's bow and a smile that shouted shy.

The young person gave invisible Jonghyun an eye smile as he laughed at something, covering his mouth and pushing at the air as if Jonghyun was physically present.

Minho squatted to his level, not blinking, taking in what Jonghyun explaining so vaguely; what he saw every day since the first of Kibum.

  "That's Kim Kibum half a year after I introduced myself."

There was a bright flash and Minho was forced to shut his eyes. When he opened them, there was actual scenery around him, a forest, but everything was still in tints of crystal blue.

Minho watched as Jonghyun ran towards him, his face red and his arms growing rather hairy. Minho definitely knew that look.

  "I ran because Kibum was in an arrangement. I had to leave because I wasn't going to be responsible for ruining that future."

Minho backed into a tree to get out of his way, watching Jonghyun jump to fall on four legs with a vicious growl. He paced angrily, nipping at himself, biting his fur off his own body.

  "Jonghyun!"

Minho's ears rang at the shocked, new voice, seeing Kibum was following, finding Jonghyun was that large angry animal.

Jonghyun's head shook sideways angrily, coughing, seemingly speaking, but Minho couldn't hear his voice.

  "I wanted to leave him. For China. For his duties as a new husband."

But Minho watched as the Taerant's back turned, Kibum ran for him, grabbing on to the creature's head into his arms when he turned back with a growl.

  "But I gave him what he wanted. What I really wanted."

The last thing Minho saw before a flash was Kibum, all smiles, on the Taerant's back as they walked off.

 

Then he found himself standing next to a Taerant standing on top of Kibum right by a pond that faded as distance grew.

  "This is my Kim Kibum. After we left and started living together. After starting a new victory."

Just watching the two be intimate, Minho felt embarrassed to see and looked away.

. . . But then he started getting uncomfortably closer; he was being dragged.

Minho was joining with Jonghyun's body.

Minho felt a shift in DNA, stretching to fit as the Taerant, looking through the eyes of Jonghyun.

When became Jonghyun, it felt natural . . . he couldn't explain it.

But he felt the nostalgia most. Minho's nose guided to sniff all over Kibum, his scent, slowly brushing him on his neck, to his arms, his wrists. . . slowly exploring all over the shirtless younger.

Minho felt the pull of attraction. It was the most difficult thing to resist; he couldn't separate himself.

It was exactly as strong as what he felt with Taemin. The need to be near, to touch, to smile, to join together.

  "What?"

Minho looked up from Kibum's wrist to his voice, finding him with disheveled hair, puffing lips, a gleam in his deep brown eyes. . .

A violent shiver overtook Minho just looking at Jonghyun's epitome of perfection.

  "Just like you and Taemin."

There was another flash and Minho felt himself falling back until someone grabbed his shoulders to steady him.

He gasped as if he couldn't breathe before, opening his eyes with Jonghyun in front of him again; his blue eyes flashing and dim down to the familiar brown.

When Minho felt like he was back into his own body, Jonghyun smiled sadly, Minho realizing why.

Minho was desperately holding on to Jonghyun—Like he was about to . . . to . . .

  "I'm not going to let you go on forever without it," Jonghyun promised, closing a little distance between them to emphasize his point, "I won't let you live without what you were just about to do . . .

  "So, don't do it with me," he quickly jerked his head back with a small chuckle.

Minho, still tense, forced himself to let go, his wings retracting from surrounding both of them for god-knows-how-long they were huddled, the cloudy light setting back into their eyes.

His fingers ached from holding Jonghyun's shirt so tightly, but his heart ached from being refused what he wanted. Not Jonghyun, but . . . well, love.

It just hurt.

  "Jonghyun," Minho breathed, looking down to the flowers, "What . . . what happened to Kibum?"

Jonghyun didn't answer, slowly averting his eyes and looking back at the flowers, growing distant again.

The elder got up, taking Minho with him, shaking his head, "It's not time yet."

Minho, painfully curious, nodded, the pain still not settling down from before.

  "I didn't know how else to tell you," Jonghyun sheepishly smiled, "And now you literally feel my pain, I'm sorry, Minho."

Minho shook his head, confirming it wasn't Jonghyun's fault.

It anything, it made Minho more conscious of the situation he was in and just how urgent he needed to get out.

  "You two!"

Both of them men turned to see a guard stiffly walking towards them, gun pointed to the ground and kept his distance.

Minho's wing's started rising up, flapping a little from the threat, but Jonghyun did his best to hold them down from behind, "What?"

The guard's chin signaled back into the building, automatically.

  "SangJung wants the Taerant."

 

 

 

 

----Note~----

Sup. ;D

Here's Jonghyun telling you everything to an extent about Kibum.

He's so cute I can't deal adsfghgjdjshgadfzgtshgfvcasd

Nope, not revealing what happened to him specifically yet, but yes, we all know that Kibum has passed away.

If you've read my other works with Jongkey, you've seen that I've broken them up and actually killed Kibum off before. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I DO THIS TO THEM OKAY.

Yeobo is angry with me that Kibum's dead. I'm not sure if she forgave me yet.

I'm With You is my favorite song besides Selene 6.23 right now. I'M JUST SO DONE OKAY. STOP BEING CUTE AND ANGSTY GUYS.

/Omfg Minho sings so much saveeee meeeeeeee

BTS is rated Jongkey tonight. Read at your own risk with crappy ''.

I hate the word .

Can I just call it .

It sounds less vulgar.

I'm sorry to any young readers out there. xD

But yeah.

I'm gonna start progressing the story more because I just realized this is the twentieth chapter. Didn't I aim for thirty or something?

/I think it's gonna be somewhere near forty because, damn, I can't plan ahead

But yup.

Thank you to absolutely everyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. <33333333

~FlaMinhoe