Warrant's Arrest

Escape to Redemption

 

 

Minho had been released a couple days ago after Luna signed him off as healthy once again. The only thing different was that he kept his wings out all the time—Luna ordered. They’d been so cramped up and out of shape that they needed to regenerate strength.

So, unfortunately, Minho couldn’t just fly away.

He was sent to the surgeon’s room, but no longer was Minho scheduled for surgery. Luna made sure to keep Minho out of the painful event, so she had taken all the samples they wanted during Minho’s knockout (including a lie that she couldn’t find the trigger organ like they couldn’t find in Trinity).

  “M609,” the surgeon held his clipboard in one hand, releasing Minho’s shackle to a bar on the wall, “Healthy Daegrent, all here. Sad that the girl couldn’t find the organ either,” he pressed a red button on the wall, a soldier soon entering afterward, “But I guess that’s it.”

Without a care, the surgeon went to his desk as Minho was let out of the room, and by request was going outside to meet with Jonghyun.

The soldier had to walk in front of Minho rather than beside him because of his wings; they were too large and would so gladly like to whack the man in the face, causing potential trouble.

Over the past few days, Onew had been reassigned to the furnace rooms for a good while as Luna had relocated in the eastern wings.

Jonghyun and Minho had covered a few hallways from walks with guards and on their way to different jobs. It was surprising how many hallways were actually empty and neither were there any source of security system was attached to the walls.

Minho and the guard passed through the lobby, of course the front door locked down. It was maybe the dullest place of the building with no one there but Trinity.

But not even Trinity was there.

They went down the grunge dirt-packed hallway, loud bangs and growls on the walls. In this hallway, Minho didn’t see any doors, or maybe they were buried behind the touch, hard dirt. To think that could hold an animal effectively.

The guard kept checking back on Minho, tugging him harshly along while the ventured outside, heading into the dump area where he and Jonghyun could usually meet besides their rooms.

Jonghyun wasn’t there yet, but it wasn’t going to be long of a wait, either. Jonghyun was taking a stroll to another Taerant’s room over west to gather Intel about those hallways, or what could be of use inside.

Minho specifically requested to be taken down in the southern area, something in mind that he partially wanted to take a look at. It was a longer walk through the crunching yellow grass and tough dirt, but it was still freeing to his wings as the stretched out and flapped.

  “If you fly, I’ll give word to shoot,” the guard bluntly warned.

  “No reason to fly anyway,” Minho nonchalantly yawned.

His restraints were undone as the came to the wooden table in the most southern part of the area, taking a seat as he stared a good distance, not paying any mind to the guard.

He could see the thing he and Jonghyun visited—what Minho thought was a shrine. The plants were still withered and dead, pulled out of the ground by Jonghyun.

But a dark skinned woman with her dark hair pulled back stood before it, and Minho was suspicious of Trinity’s appearance.

She had a brown bag settled on the ground next to her as she knelt down, digging through the dirt behind all the strewn plants.

Minho wasn’t sure if she was being cruel and mocking Jonghyun, digging the hole and placing all the dead flowers inside. It seemed like something to do as an insult. Maybe Minho should stop her.

His wings fidgeted, flapping in the wind before lowering themselves, too at ease to let Minho feel anxious or angry.

He watched as she pulled out a brand new bouquet of flowers, placing them into the hold and covering the stems up.

Minho was thoroughly shocked. He never thought she of all people—well, really anyone besides Onew—would renew something of a prisoner’s; of Jonghyun’s. Especially in bright colors. They weren’t the mourning red, white, and black flowers, but pink, purple, blue, and white. It was a complete contrast to the theme of the prison because it was such a pop of color.

Just looking at them made Minho feel a little safe.

She grabbed another thing from the bag—it looked like smoothed stone—and she pressed it into the ground, no doubt with her Daegrent strength. She dusted off her hands and stood, picking up the brown bag before pausing to stare down at what she’d done.

What are you doing?

Minho waited for her to finally look at him, her face poker like always, the emotion dead in her eyes.

She walked right past him, maybe heading back to the lobby, avoiding his eyes.

  “Two-one-nine,” she whispered too low for anyone but a creature.

Minho turned to her, questioning her automatically with what she said, because what she said made no sense.

But she never looked back; she walked on.

Two-one-nine, Minho thought. What in the world was that supposed to mean?

  “It can’t be bothered,” Minho sighed, putting his head down on the table. Why was she even hinting something at him? She was most likely toying with him like SangJung—they seemed to have a little relationship going on.

 

 

 

 

Minho almost fell asleep outside just waiting for Jonghyun. Of course the dog would lose track of time when he was with someone he liked—like he ever thought about timing anyway.

He tried talking to the guards sometimes but they’d provide a sneer. Until men had to switch positions, a few new guards were able to whisper at Minho. They weren’t specifically supposed to talk to Minho without it being sarcastic, and Minho understood how careful they were being. He was just glad some people didn’t ignore him.

But he got tired and just sat there, listening to the growls and complaints of other creatures.

He wondered how Taemin was doing at this point. Scared, he expected, but Taemin wasn’t senseless. He had to be thinking this over. There had to be something in Taemin’s brain that wanted to be picked at until he got his answer. Until he wanted to prove his answer.

  “Are you really lonely?”

Minho sighed at the woman’s voice, disappointed it wasn’t Jonghyun, and slowly lifted up his head, turning to look at the creature behind him, “What’s it to you?”

Her hair was faded orange and up in a pretty updo, the massive amount of make up coloring her eyes, her lips plump, her figure curvy. One eye was brown, the other was slate gray.

  “I’m not here to be a jerk to you,” she huffed, crossing her arms, “So don’t get pissy with me.”

Minho rolled his eyes, “What are you, anyhow?”

The irritation on her face slowly melted into a genuine smile, sitting next to Minho, “A Warrant.”

Minho could’ve laughed at the name, due to it being an actual word, but he remained poker faced, expressing little curiosity, “A Warrant.”

  “We’re the minority of all groups,” she sighed, holding her face up with her hand, “In this day and age, we’re looked at like we’re some kind of stars for our body. It’s really insulting. We keep being called ‘Angels’ and ‘Gods’, when that’s the Daegrent’s titles,” she admitted so bluntly,looking at him sternly, “No one thinks of you that way, here, unfortunately.”

  “Yeah, yeah,” Minho brushed it off.

  “I’ve never seen one with such a bad attitude though,” she noted, “Irritated easily, sure, but not someone like you. Daesung could be a hard head, but jeez, you’re a rude one.”

Minho turned back to her, his wings stretching out at the name, “Daesung? The King himself?”

She crookedly smiled, pointing her finger at him, “Bingo. Warrants were the great friends of Daegrents while the Toproais were the best friends of them. We had our own little loop, you know?”

  “How . . . how old are you?” Minho questioned, looking her up and down in confusion.

She smiled and gently a feather of his wing as it stretched towards her, “As old as Daesung. Born the same place and time. Our little loop? We were bonded together, and fate brought us together on the day we were birthed.”

  “Then where were you when the whole mess happened?” Minho’s wing started curling around the woman, bringing her closer and Minho was about to scold them for acting on their own.

  “I was the first to die during the epidemic.”

Minho took a double-take.

She died?

  “You . . . then how did . . . why are you . . .”

She the wing this time, chuckling away as the wing kept enclosing around her, “Warrants have two lives. We all live eternally, but if we cross misfortune, we were blessed with a second chance. We die the first time, stay dead for a whole three hundred years, and crawl out of the ground to meet the new time period.”

  “But you speak like . . .”

She scoffed, crossing her arms on the table, “I can pick up lingo easily, like everyone else here. You’re probably the youngest creature here, am I wrong? You haven’t even hit a hundred yet, and that’s our youngest.”

Minho grunted, trying to keep himself in shape to be polite. This woman wasn't just some creature, she was beside the royal, he had to show utmost respect.

  “I don’t understand something then,” Minho scratched his head, “Your attitude is kept kind. Why is everyone else such jerks?”

  “When order fell apart, equality fell apart. They all developed a horrid-distinct independence. They had independence before, but they just . . . turned sour. Of course not everyone is like that. It’s just like humans. There’s good ones and bad ones. It’s all a matter of being raised,” she held the end of his wing in her hand, “Your wing is in bad shape.”

Minho stretched his wing to get out of her grasp—even though it was most comforting—, “Haven’t you heard the whole Daegrent-Getting-Kicked-In-The--By-A-Rinapture incident?”

  “I didn’t hear it was a Daegrent,” she widened her eyes, checking all over his wings, “Your Majesty, are you alright?!” she even got up to check his wing’s health status.

Minho stood up as well, turning around to face her, “T-They’re fine! In better shape than b-before! Don’t call me that! Just—why—I don’t even . . .”

She turned him back over forcefully, “Pardon, Your Majesty, for my rudeness, but because you’re so young, I know what’s better for you,” she held her hands at the base of his wings, “We don’t have healers blessings for no reason, you know.”

Minho cringed at the soreness of the touch at his base wings, but felt something emit from the woman’s hands, the soreness, and the thoughts of pain slowly dulling down. His wings flapped rapidly, trying to curl backwards to hold the Warrant between them.

  “May thy pain subdueth from thy body in writhe and thy be replenished,” she hummed before taking her hands off, giving an excited squeak before she sat down in her seat, clapping, “Good Daesung, I haven’t done that in forever!”

  “Wha—” Minho flapped his wings, feeling as brand new as ever, “Wha—”

The Warrant carefully took his wrist and sat him back down, “Your Majesty doesn’t know his history. Who’s been teaching you? A G-Dragon? Pft, those idiots . . .”

  “Um—the history scrolls barely mentioned . . . Warrants . . .” Minho trailed off.

She paused for a second, taking her hand back and resting her chin on her palm, “Huh. . . I wonder if I remember who made those scrolls . . . I’ll surely give him a piece of my mind.”

  “Can you stop calling me ‘Majesty’?” Minho cringed.

She scoffed once more, shaking her head in shame, “You don’t understand—what’s your name?”

  “Min . . . ho?”

  “Okay, you don’t understand, Minho. A living Daegrent hasn’t been found in about twenty years—assuming those were your parents—when they passed away, that left you. You’re the last living Daegrent, Minho. It’s mandatory—absolutely mandatory I address you as your title. I would be displeasing Daesung with foolishness if I don’t.”

Minho stopped her again, “Wait, Daesung is dead?! The histories never said anything about that! I assumed he was . . . And Trinity’s a Daegrent . . . Wait, my parents . . . died?! I’m . . . I’m just SO LOST.”

The woman looked at him oddly, as if she expected him to know, “Trinity is no longer considered a Daegrent because she erased herself from it, starting with sealing her wings.

   “But, dear Daesung, are you serious . . . I’m speechless by your lack of knowledge. Who was your guardian, Your Maj—”

  “Minho!” he protested.

  “—Minho?”

  “Seunghyun, the Toproai?” Minho huffed, staring down at the table, “My parents . . . passed away? I thought . . . Seunghyun told me it was tradition to not be raised by blood parents . . .”

The woman had a small fit as she smacked the table numerous times, alarming the guards, “Oh calm down, you all. I’m not doing anything,” she looked directly at Minho, “I swear, I’m gonna have a chat with this Seunghyun being, because goddamn it . . .”

Minho stared at the burnt spot on the table, staring to pick away at it as his wings drooped, “Seunghyun died.”

The woman paused again, her entire fit halting as she softened, bringing her arms around Minho’s body as she pulled his head to her shoulder, “Oh, Minho.”

  “SangJung killed him,” Minho clenched his jaw.

  “. . . Minho,” she forced him back up, determination in her eyes, “Minho, did you see him die?”

Not knowing what could possibly be different, Minho answered, “No?”

She sighed, as if in relief, her hand over her heart, “Damn, had me worried for a split second. Minho, he can’t be dead that easily, come on. He has higher chances of living than dying because of you. There’s a bond, Minho. Because Seunghyun has the duty to protect you, his death chances lower until you’re at a certain age; a simple human can’t murder him so easily. It’s almost the same if your parents were alive. He’s neglected you so much, good Daesung, I’m going to bash his face to a tree and I’ll make sure it hurts like hell.”

Minho held her by the wrists strongly, almost shaking her, “Seunghyun’s alive?!”

She stared at him for a good moment, slowly moving from his grasp and holding his face in her hands, “Never trust SangJung again, you hear me? It’s not my place to give you an order, but do you hear me, Your Majesty?”

The seriousness of her tone caused Minho to discard the name and slowly nodded.

If Seunghyun was alive, he had even more determination to get out of here.

  “Cheating on Taemin, are we, Minho?”

Minho jerked out of the woman’s hands, both of them turning to face Jonghyun with his brows raised.

  “A-ah, no! Of course not!” Minho stumbled, hiding his face behind his hands, “It’s not—no, Jonghyun.”

Minho looked at the woman and she wasn’t the least bit shocked or backing Minho up on this. She just stared at Jonghyun with a smug look on her face.

  “Jonghyun.”

  “Bom.”

  “What?” Minho looked at the both of them.

They both broke out into smiles, laughing good-naturedly as Jonghyun patted Bom’s shoulder, “I told you thy child before us has a simple manipulated mind. Spacious.”

Why the hell is he speaking like that?

  “I am most grateful I arrived in time. I just about cleared the dark abyss of his spacious mind. Well, except for one detail, but I was awaiting thy arrival. It is for your—thing,” she covered a word up, her voice too loud.

  “Glad you can learn to keep it down,” Jonghyun mocked sitting across from them, returning to the twenty-first century language.

Minho pointed between the two, “You—know—both—what?!”

  “He is so young,” Bom sighed, face in her hand.

Jonghyun chuckled, patting on the table, now regarding Minho, “Baby Daegrent, this is the person that I mentioned before that might know about what’s below the furnace.”

Minho put his face in his hands, trying to process everything at once. He was wishing he was back into lonely boredom by now; his brain was running in circles, but at the same time, hitting the walls of his skull.

  “I’m so . . .”

  “Stop talking and listen,” Bom laughed, inclining her head, “The entrance to the low level is in the furnace room. It’s some good, long hours to head all the way below—unless you have the speed of a Daegrent with you,” she winked at Minho, “Now, as to what’s down there. Who’s not going to believe me when I say it’s wings?”

   “Me,” the boys both chorused.

She clicked her tongue, slapping Jonghyun’s arm and stopping herself from hitting Minho, “Jeez, non-believers. Look, Minho, please tell me you read history as to where the Daegrents had built their home.”

  “Yeah?”

  “Okay, good,” she smiled, “Because we’re in it.”

Jonghyun hopped from his seat as if a flea bit his , looking at Bom in disbelief, “What?”

  “This is the Daegrent’s empire,” she fanned her arm out towards the buildings, “Believe me when I say it looked a lot better before humans came into it. Brighter, spacey, nice. It didn’t look like a prison; they reconstructed the building to form hallways and rooms. Didn’t you guys ever wonder how SangJung got those ‘Magic walls’?”

So, SangJung—assuming SangJung’s family—had taken over the Daegrent empire and used it to advantage to contain everyone. How could a man—and his family—hate something so much, yet he was living in the most important, sacred place of this kind? To turn a beautiful home into a grunge prison.

  “Anyhow,” she snapped for Minho’s attention, “There is a prophecy all creatures had believed in. Before the dimension they lived in had destroyed itself, the power of the Daesung had absorbed a small pond—it just looks like a large puddle, a shallow pond, but it’s insanely deep—into his body to transfer it over to Earth. The pond was the ancient water of one of the prophecies. That pond specifically would tell if mass destruction would occur. No one knows how large—It could be as big as the world or as small as a mile. Water can’t be set fire to, but if a royal Daegrent sets fire, and the water bestows the Daegrent’s flames on top of it, it will only be a matter of time before mass destruction would take its course.

  “Yes, Daesung had passed away, but I hadn’t seen it myself, but was told from his sister, Minji, before she soon followed after him,” she died off for a second, her fingers curling a bit, “Anyhow, Daesung couldn’t let his power fade. Daegrents usually age in a matter of seconds and burn into ash before they pass away, but Daesung made sure he left himself and his power behind. His powers took form of his wings and they now hover over the pond of the prophecy.

  “That is where Minho would come in, if he wanted to destroy,” she pointed at the Daegrent, “You have to bestow Daesung’s wings into your hands and you will have to bestow the royal Daegrent’s power; become the official King of this land behind the human's eyes.

  "You can then try setting fire to the pond. If it sets fire, that means it’s been past due for calamity. But if you can somehow just manage the calamity to be this prison’s area . . . all will be safe in the world.”

Jonghyun waved his hands out, “Whoa, whoa, whoa. You want us to blow up the Daegrent empire?”

Bom nodded, “Once these terrorists are gone, there will be less trouble in the humans’ world and trouble for innocent creatures. I’ll rebuild the empire myself just as it was before it turned to this. And still only our creatures and humans who’ve witnessed our creatures may see our architecture.”

She then stopped her seriousness and raised a brow, scrunching as she stared Jonghyun down, “And you all planned to escape without me. Leaving me here to die, how selfish of you to not think of me until now, Taerant.”

Jonghyun bit his lip sheepishly, shagging his hair, “My . . . bad? You know now!”

  “I better live,” she threatened with a chuckle, “I better get to slam Seunghyun’s face into a tree, too,” she pointed at Minho.

Minho held his hands up, “He’s all yours as long as I don’t get in trouble for it. He’s not a nice guy.”

 Bom wiggled her finger, “I’ll drown him until his attitude changes, damn Toproai.” 

 

 

 

 

----Note~----

NEW FAVORITE CHAPTER?

It's got so much info in it, I feel like dying. Is it boring? Omfg, really. >.>

BUT IT'S SUCH A LONG CHAPTER, I THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE.

ANYWHO.

Hi. c:

I've been aching to get this chapter up, so HERE I AM.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

When I started writing this chapter, I was all "WTF AM I GONNA DO."

AND THEN BOMMIE. :D

Don't deny me my love of 2NE1. 

A lot of things were answered, truths revealed, blah-lee-blaaaaaah.

 

 

Yup, the prison IS the Daegrent home. Surprising? Idek. xD

Bom now plays an important role to our escape together, guys. She knows what to do, what not to do, and importantly, knows the ENTIRE OUTLINE of the 'prison'.

All we need to do is know Taemin's condition, and news about the furnace (or, 'Boiler Room').

Poor Minho's got a lot to deal with, including being the very last Daegrent. But that was predictable, right?

Bom was not added for the sake of the whole Bom and Seunghyun ship. I put her in and next thing you know I started having her talk about beating the hell out of him. It sounds fuuuuuuuun. >:D

Bom is so pretty omfg. Can I die now. x_x

Now, when Bom said "Good Daesung!" or things like that, she was really saying "Good God!" or "Goodness gracious!" like we do in our language. Cleared up?

Bom and Jonghyun met while Jonghyun underwent his depression in his first decade of imprisonment. Want a BTS?

I'm also going to be uploading another Jongkey BTS tonight as well.

I'm almost done the next chapter and, well, it gives you the story about Jongkey, but to an extent. :P

I hope you enjoyed and I didn't annoy you guys tonight. c:

Thank you to every read, every visit, every sub, every view, any upvote, and COMMENTS because they help so much. <3

~FlaMinhoe