Prologue

Snow is You Rain is Him

 It was a cold winter night. The snow was just decided to build up in front of the old small cabin in the middle of nowhere. The snow was so thick that you can’t differentiate between day and night. The nonstop pouring of the snow could make you mad just by the sight of it. In another words, it’s  just another night in the life of Kim Jongin.

---

 Kim Jongin was just eight when his parents decided to broke off the marriage and sending him to his grandmother’s house. With the reason that his parents were ‘fall out of love’, Kim Jongin was send to his grandmother’s house with a suitcase animal printed that was his favorite. The boy had eagerly waiting for the time when he would be able to use it, but he would never thought that it would be the time when his parents decided to get a divorce and abandoned him. Everything goes by so fast when Jongin’s mother drop him off in front of the small cabin placed in a middle of nowhere (according to Kim Jongin ) and practically dragging Jongin to the front door of the cabin.


“It’s nice meeting you again,mom” said the woman that was dragging Jongin by the hands. Jongin looks up to the woman and then shifting his gaze to the door that was open wide when his mother knocked it with a loug bang.


“SO... you really are ‘abandoning’ him”


“I’m not ‘abandoning’ him.. i just need some time alone, and please don’t say it like that. You make me feel like i’m the bad one”


“You are the bad one, and him too. How could you guys just abandoned the poor little boy when he look like he can’t go to sleep alone without worrying about a monster under his bed?”


The woman sigh, she knew she can’t argue with the older woman who has a better logic and a better experience at raising children. So she just let go of Jongin’s hand and then goes back to the car and gave a small wave before driving back to the direction of what it seems to be her ‘some-time-alone’ place.


The older woman sigh at the sight, and then shifting his gaze to the little boy that was standing awkwardly beside her.
“I’m sorry, i didn’t raise her properly enough ... and because of my carelessness as a mother, you have to get hurt as well”


Jongin shakes his head.
“No, it’s not your fault. Mom has been trough a lot, so of course she needs some time to be alone.”........ ’ And of course me too.’ Jongin thought


Feeling a little shocked by how mature the boy is, the older woman smiled warmly and then invites Jongin to come inside the cabin. Jongin take off his shoes with only his socks on and goes inside the cabin together with the older woman .


Apparently, the cabin isn’t as small as he thought.. actually,the cabin isn’t a cabin at all. It was a normal house made out of bricks and the floor made out of wood , with a chandelier hanging on top of the living room and everything,beside that, the furniture around the house seems normal.Everything about the house was warm and cozy. Jongin was now wondering how could he even mistood it with a cabin?


Jongin plafully run around the house forgetting about what had happened and then stop at the sight he sees. He sees a boy playing alone making a snowman outside from the window.He leans closer to the window to get a better look and silently watch as the boy sneeze and then rubbing his nose softly with the glove covering his hands. “Cute” Jongin chuckles at the boy and then thought..


“This is the place i’ll be living from now on. I wonder.......what’s gonna happen to me? .............................. and can i befriend  that boy i wonder?”  Jongin smirk a little at his thought as he continue to watch the boy in wonder.