Secrets Revealed

Part Time Millionare

As Jessica happily prepared herself for a breakfast date with Tiffany, she received a text.

Hey, my mom wants to have a quick breakfast with me before flying back to New York this afternoon. I’ll be a little late. Sorry TT.TT

She chuckled. Oh dear god, she even found Tiffany’s text messaged cute. Jessica was pulling on her shoes when she typed a quick respond to her girlfriend informing her it was alright.

 

Just as Jessica was almost out the door, her sister’s voice called her back.

“Unnie?”

“Huh? Oh Soojung, what are you doing here?”

“Are you going out?”

“Yeah…why?”

“Did you remember to take your medicine? You always forget and mom and dad always get so mad.”

Ever since she was young, Jessica has had a weak heart. All those excuses of never running even when you’re late were utter rubbish. She had pride, dignity. She wasn't going to just let random strangers know about her problem.

“Oh come on Krys. I haven’t had heart problems in years and I'm sure it’s not going to happen anytime soon. Don’t worry.”

“But unnie~”

“Don't tell anyone I didn’t take it. I don't want mom and dad to get on my case again. Especially Yunho. Gosh he can be such a wife sometimes.”

“…Alright. But you need to take them when you get back.” Krystal ordered.

“Of course.” Jessica smiled and lied. In her head, it was more of a white lie.

“See ya’ later.”

 

*

 

This is it. Tiffany had texted Jessica to come to the Ever Lasting Hotel. Quite a coincidence actually, because Jessica’s very best friend Lee Donghae was the future heir of this hotel. As a kid she hung out here a lot with her four best friends, so it was only a given that most of the workers there know her.

“Well hello there Ms. Jung, a pleasure seeing you here.”

A man in his forties greeted the gal with a smile as he held open the door for her.

“Hey Albert.”

“May I ask what brings you here?”

“Oh just having tea with a friend.” She didn’t want to get too personal, she liked Albert but Jessica had never been one to share information voluntarily.

“Alright then. The café is on the second floor. Would you like someone to accompany you?”

“No thanks Albert.”

As the man formally bid a goodbye, Jessica headed for the elevator. Ever since she could remember the café had always been on the first floor. It made it easier for non-staying guest to be able to have a meal without much of a hassle.  

 

While waiting for the elevator to arrive, Jessica couldn’t help but become nervous.

What if Tiffany won't accept her? She’s always voiced out how much she didn’t find wealth attracting.

What if Tiffany gets mad because she’s been lied to? Tiffany hates liars.

All these questions kept popping up in Jessica’s head. Oh shoot, was she ready for this? The elevator’s ding interrupted her thoughts. She quickly walked in and saw a young girl with the same uniform as Albert standing at the corner.

Huh, she must be the elevator girl. Jessica assumed.

She may look like it, but the tanned girl certainly didn’t act like one. She didn’t greet Jessica as she walked in nor offered her help. All she did was held up her phone in all sorts of directions trying to get signal.

Clearly annoyed, Jessica coughed loudly to get the elevator girl’s attention. Which was pretty absurd if you think about it.

“Yeah?” the elevator girl asked eyeing Jessica from head to toe.

Ridiculous!

Her name tag read Yuri. So that’s her name.

“Aren’t you supposed to be doing your job?”

“Look, my break is up in five minutes and I’ve been working night shifts for the past two days. Can't you push the buttons yourself?”

Even more ridiculous! Is she giving me an attitude?!

“Excuse me?! Do you know who I am? I can get your fired with a phone call.”

Jessica threatened. Smiling proudly, she crossed her arms waiting for the girl to apologize and seek for forgiveness.

“Yeah I know who you are, you’re the daughter of the Jungs right? The one who’s always getting your family name into gossips with all those scandalous incidents you pulled.”

Jessica was fuming. How dare this Yuri girl talk to her this way?

“Bwoh? Ha, it’s like you want to get fired.”

“Whatever, I'm not scared of you.”

“Why you little—“

Jessica was interrupted by the ding of the elevator again. They were at the third floor, her destination.

“I’d love to stay and argue but I have more important things to take care of. Unlike you, spending all your time in a box doing nothing.”

Jessica walked out like a princess. Yuri wanted to follow her and fight back but her she was still on the job. Two more minutes till her break, at least there’s something to look forward to.

 

*

 

As Jessica made way to the café, she noticed a brunette waiting by a table at a corner. Ah Tiffany, her eye candy. After how pissed off that Yuri made her, it was nice to see someone pleasant to the eye.

Jessica didn’t even notice it but lately she’s been loving to compare people around her to Tiffany. And the contestants would always end up losing to the eye smiler in Jessica’s eyes.

For example, there was Yuri. Ugh, using her phone on the job. Tiffany had always been so hardworking. Yuri had such an attitude, Tiffany had always been so calm and patient.

Ah, Tiffany wins again. Smiling Jessica speed walked over to Tiffany.

“Hey!”

Jessica popped up and greeted her being the delightful self that she was. But something was weird, Tiffany wasn't as loud as she was on a normal basis. Maybe she wasn't feeling well or something.

“Hey what’s wrong?”

“Huh? Oh nothing, hi.”

Jessica frowned. There was definitely something wrong.

“Are you sure? You seem…off.”

“It’s nothing, I think it’s just because I haven’t been feeling well lately.”

“Geez Tiffany you need to take care of yourself more.”

 

A waiter walked up and asked if they needed anything.

“Sur—“

“No thank you. We’re fine.” Tiffany interrupted.

The waiter smiled and went away.

“Hey, I was going to order a coffee. What’s with you today?”

“Jessica I need to tell you something.”

“What a coincidence I have something to tell you too.” Jessica smiled.

“Really?”

“Yeah, but you go first.”

“Are you sure?” Tiffany asked anxiously.

“Yeah, go ahead.”

“Ok…”

Tiffany didn’t talk for a second. Just when Jessica was about to ask her why, Tiffany spoke.

 

“Let’s break up.”

Three words. That’s all it took to drain all the colour on Jessica’s face.

“Wh-what?”

“Let’s break up.” Tiffany repeated. Even for the second time, Jessica’s heart hurt hearing that.

“Break up? you’re joking…”

“No, I'm not. I’m done.”

“…why?”

“Do you really want to know?”

“Yes!” Jessica couldn’t have shouted that any louder. Every head in the café turned to them, but none of the two girls cared.

“Fine, because of your class. I'm unattainable for you Jessica. I’m expensive.” Tiffany went on to brag about herself. No, this want the Tiffany Jessica knew and definitely not the Tiffany Jessica fell in love with.

“You’re just a poor girl I played with simply because I was bored. Did you really think I meant it when I said I detest rich people? Oh please anyone with a brain would know I was joking. Who doesn’t love money?”

Every sentence, every word was breaking Jessica’s heart. How cruel could god be? Just when she had finally worked up the courage to reveal her secret and obtained her parents’ permission, she gets this thrown in her face.

Tiffany said a few more hurtful words and got up from her chair taking her purse with her.

“I’ll pay for this meal. After all this is our last together and this is a pretty expensive place. Your salary couldn’t even cover a fraction of the bill." Tiffany got up to leave.

The entire time Jessica sat there frozen. She didn’t know how to react on the outside, especially not when she was too busy battling it out on the inside. Everything was a mess inside her.

Finally realizing the situation, Jessica ran out of the café chasing after Tiffany.

 

*

 

“Tiffany!”

Jessica called out for the brunette who could walk pretty face for someone her height. As she finally caught up, Jessica grabbed a hold of Tiffany’s wrist and sprung her around.

“Ugh what now?!”

Tiffany seemed pissed and annoyed. Jessica had never seen her like this.

“Are you just going to run off like that? After all that and not even give me a proper explanation?!”

Tiffany laughed cruelly in her face.

“Ha, wow Jessica Jung you truly have no shame. I was doing you a favor because I thought you at least had a bit of dignity left for yourself…but I guess not.”

The entire time, Jessica felt like rubbish.

“Wh…why are you being like this? What happened?!”

“What happened? I got bored, you were just an innocent little toy I picked up at the office. Did you really think I’d show interest in freak like you?”

Jessica wanted nothing more but for her to stop right now. But Tiffany was no mind reader and kept going.

 

“Stop being so stupid. I used you, we had fun but now it’s over. Did you know that the entire time we were ‘dating’ you kept clinging on to me, I can't even breathe!”

Tiffany even made air quotations over the word ‘dating’. Was being Jessica Jung’s girlfriend that bad? Clingy? Was that the real reason Jessica’s relationships never last long?

“The entire time I was just using you to make Siwon jealous. You know? Choi Siwon, the tall handsome, finically stable hunk. Do you think you can compete with him? Have you seen the car he drives? He’s a complete package.”

The way Tiffany was bragging about Siwon made Jessica just wants to pull her ears out. How could she?

“I love to shop. I love buying things, expensive things. Things you won't be able to afford Jessica. Might as well end it now before things get serious.”

Oh the irony. For both the being able to afford things and things getting serious. Things were already serious for Jessica, way too serious.

“What do you mean serious?! So all this time, you were playing with me?!”

“Pretty much.”

 

 Thank goodness there wasn't much people around in the hotel parking lot. Jessica was afraid she’s had a mental break down any second and she didn’t want people to witness it.

“Has all our moments together meant nothing to you?!”

Tiffany made a face and shrugged her shoulders.

“It’s over Jessica. We’re done.”

Tiffany pulled her hand away from Jessica and left for her car. Watching Tiffany leave was heartbreaking, literally. Jessica could feel her heart burning.

Oh there it is, her stupid weak heart was acting up again. She couldn’t even tell of it was physical or emotional pain right now. Probably both. But one thing’s for sure. It’s hurts, like hell.

 

A part of her wanted to shamelessly run after Tiffany and confess about her real identity and pray that Tiffany will come back to her. But she knew even if Tiffany agreed to stay, it’d be because of her money and not her. She wasn't that stupid yet.

But love blinds people, and that’s exactly what it did to Jessica. Ignoring the pain in her heart, Jessica clutched her chest and ran after Tiffany, who seemed to have just started her car.

“Wait Tiffany!”

The brunette clearly heard her, and saw her helplessly running after her car. But this only made Tiffany speed up her car and increased her determination to get out of here quick.

“I have something to tell you!”

There was nothing Jessica could say that could save their relationship now, Tiffany thought. Thinking her staying here any longer will only make things worse, Tiffany sped up her car to a max and drove away.

When she couldn’t see Jessica chasing after her car anymore, Tiffany relaxed.

 

In a distanst the dirty blonde was breaking down both emotionally and physically. Her extreme running had worsened her heart status and the endless tears running down her cheeks didn’t help at all. Pretty soon, the world around her was darkening. It only took a few seconds for everything to turn pitch black.  

 

 

 

 


 

(A/N) Good night.

Or good morning depending where you're from really...