A Little Piece of Heaven

A Little Piece of Heaven

You practically drag yourself out of the classroom after the teacher dismissed the class. You stare at the piece of paper that the teacher handed to you before heading out. Today wasn’t your best day; you were late for class, you stained your uniform with the strawberry milk you were drinking - as you were running to the class you were late for, and now your test paper has that red mark on the upper right - a big fat F.

You walk up to your locker, turned the knob to the combination and took out your History book. “Great, another test I’m gonna fail.” You mumble to yourself, depressed about the failed Calculus test in your hand and the soon to be failed History test on Monday. You groan and crumpled the failed Calculus test paper then threw it on the floor. “I studied my off for that damn test!” You groan once more and then slammed your locker door shut.

You stomp your feet heading to the girls bathroom and pushed the door a little too hard - the door flew open and the three girls inside the bathroom shrieked at the sight of you and then ran out of the bathroom. You entered the bathroom with furrowed eyebrows – confused at the girls’ that ran out. You look up at the large rectangular mirror and then shrieked at your reflection. “HOLY CRAP!”

You gaped at your reflection; your eyeliner was running and it wasn’t just a smudgy run. It. Was. Running. From your upper eyelid and then your lower eyelid to the upper portion of your cheeks. You looked like a freakin’ raccoon. The stain in your shirt adding to the effect – you practically looked like a hobo. You groan at your reflection and muttered to yourself, “I can’t believe I walked around the school looking like this.” You cleaned up your eyeliner and then pulled out a cardigan from your backpack, wore over your uniform and head out. This is not my best day.

You were walking out the school when your phone vibrated – a text message.

I hope you had a good day at school. Come by the café later? I miss you! :-*

From: My angel

You beam at your phone. The clouds forming above your head parted and a ray of sunlight shone on your face. Maybe it’ll be a good day after all. You skip down the sidewalk heading to your boyfriend’s café. If anyone knows when and how to cheer you up, it’s your boyfriend – Junmyeon. He’s just what you need after a hell of a day at school.

You arrive at the café with a smile, feeling excited to see your loving boyfriend. You open the door and the familiar chimes rang as the door swings open. And another familiar sound was heard as you step in the cozy café. “Welcome to Angel’s café!” Junmyeon said with a bright smile which grew brighter when he saw you walk up. “Jagiya~! I thought your classes weren’t finished til later?” He said as he walked up to you with his arms open to greet you in a warm hug.

You smiled at him and fell into his hug - wrapping your arms around his waist and nuzzling on his chest. You took a deep breath and took comfort in his sweet scent before speaking up. “The teacher dismissed our class early, so I came to see you.” You look up at him with a grin. “You don’t know how glad I am to be with you right now.” He smiles at you softly, still holding you in his arms. He placed a soft kiss on your forehead, then your nose, then your cheek, and then your li-

“Hyung! We need more coffee beans here!” An employee yelled, interrupting your moment with Junmyeon. He turned his head to the employee and nodded. He turned to you again and pecked you on the cheek. “Sorry baby, I gotta go help at the back.” He untangled his arms around you and headed to the back room. You nodded and smiled at your boyfriend. It didn’t annoy you that your time with him was interrupted; you know you’ll have time with him – it was his café anyway.

You walk up to your regular booth and noticed for the first time that there were a lot of people. They looked at you with soft smiles and some even giggled. Your eyes jut as you realized that the whole café saw your gushy moment with your boyfriend. You kept walking towards your booth, shyly nodding and smiling at the people watching you. You reached your booth and then slumped down the seat, hiding your intense blush.

~

It’s been three hours; you stare at the very handsome café owner at the counter. He smiled at you and then winked. You leaned back at your seat, blushing from your boyfriend’s actions and then returned your attention to the laid out History book.  You hold up the book to your face and stared at the endless paragraphs. You sighed and then peeked at your boyfriend who busy taking and handing out orders. Still busy.

You groan and plunge your face on your History book. This was not how I wanted to spend time with my boyfriend. You shook your head - your face leaning on your History book which crumpled the pages. You look up and chewed on your lower lip. “Hi there. You okay?” Junmyeon says with an apologetic smile.

“Oh, Junmyeonnie.  I’m stressed out about this exam.” You reply, looking down at your History book. He places a tall cup of frappucino on the table and sat across you, on the other side of the booth.

“You need help?” Junmyeon says with a soft smile, cupping your hand.

“Aren’t you busy?” You ask, chewing on your lower lip.

“I have time. Especially, for you.” He says with a soft smile. “Bad day?”

“Yeah. My uniform got stained and I flunked that stupid Calcu-”

“Hyung~! The coffee machine got stuck again!” An employee cut you off from the kitchen. Junmyeon looks at you expectantly with an apologetic smile.

“It’s alright, go ahead. They need you there.” You shrug, pulling your hand away. He leans in and kisses you on the cheek. “Sorry.” He said then walked away.

You groan once more and slumped back on your History book. Might as well review. You start reading the endless paragraphs and soon enough you’re drifting off to sleep.

~

“Jagiya..”

“…”

“Wake up..”

“Mmm..”

You slowly open your eyes, the orange afternoon sunlight shines through the café window. You turn your head and see a very handsome café owner, wearing his cute café uniform – white long-sleeved shirt, black tie, black pants, and a pink apron. You smile at him while rubbing your eyes softly. You stretched your arms and looked around. “Where’s everyone?” You asked, noticing that the earlier packed café was practically deserted.

Junmyeon leaned down and kissed you on your cheek. “I closed the shop early. For you.” He said with a smile. “Welcome to Angel’s café. May I take your order?”

You giggle at your boyfriend’s cuteness. But you noticed the time..

“Junmyeonnie~ isn’t it a little early to close up the shop? Your customers-”

“Can wait.” He interjects with a smile. “I noticed you weren’t in a good mood earlier and waiting around for me wasn’t doing anything to make you feel better. So, I closed up early. I’m all yours.” He says with a grin then took out his notepad. “Now, may I take your order?”

You giggle once again at how cute your boyfriend is. He really knows when and how to cheer me up. You bite your lower lip, feeling shy all of a sudden being alone with your boyfriend. “I- uh..”

“Hold that thought.” Junmyeon said, holding out his index finger. Then turned his heel, walking towards the kitchen. You sigh. It’s just the two of you in the café but you’re still interrupted. You groan and slump your face onto the forgotten History book.

“Are you sleeping again? I thought you wanted to spend time with me?” Junmyeon teased, making you jolt up from your awkward position and sit up straight. He chuckles at your actions as he walks up to your booth holding a tray with two cups of tea and a small cake.

“What’s that?” You said, eying the cute cake. He sits across you on the other side of the booth and places the cup of tea in front of you then the cake. He his lips before saying, “Angel cake, for my angel.”

You look up at him and he gazes at you softly. His sweet smile melting your heart and his beautiful brown eyes stares at you with love. He reaches for the hair draping over your eye and tucks it behind your ear. Your cheeks were turning pink from Junmyeon’s gaze. “You’re my angel too.” You whisper.

He leans towards you, kissing you softly on the lips. His soft lips brushing over yours, he pulls away and smiles at you. “I’m sorry I was too busy earlier. Tell me about your day?” You felt butterflies in your stomach as he keeps looking at you. All the stress from earlier melted away.

Junmyeon stands up from his seat breaking your eye contact. You look at him expectantly. Don’t leave now. Your eyebrows shot up as he slides in your seat, sitting comfortably next to you. He drapes his arm around your waist, bringing you closer to him. You nuzzle on his chest, taking in his sweet scent. Mmm. Caramel and vanilla.. My Junmyeon.. My angel..

You look up at him with a smile, his eyes meeting yours. “Junmyeonnie~ I think I like this day.”


A/N: Did you like it? I always imagined Junmyeonnie to smell like vanilla. Coz it's sweet like him. XD And how sweet is he, closing up a shop for YOU! :") Tell me what's on your mind. Comment, subscribe, and share. They are your gift to me. Oh! And check out other EXO oneshots on my page. CLICK HERE GOMAWOYO~