Chapter 2

My Best Friend Has a Twin

Yunri stretched her arms while setting her luggage on the ground. 

 

She yawned, and scanned the area. "Aigoo, where is that pabo?"

 

Yunri pulled out her phone to call her best friend, until her father called on queue.

 

With a heavy puffed breath, Yunri answered the call,"Yeah, Dad...... Really, I just left this morning! Everything's fine. The train was fine..."

 

Still searching for Kwangmin, Yunri continued to look around."I'm going home now~ Just waiting for Kwangmin to pick me up... NO. We are not dating!..."

 

She then spotted a familiar figure with slightly lighter brown hair. "He's just a friend, Dad... Uh-huh, okay. Bye."

 

As Yunri hung up her cell phone, she walked up to the light brown- haired Kwangmin, "Hey, you didn't see me looking for you?"

 

Kwangmin looked at her a bit confused, "Uhm.. No?"

 

"Well, okay...." Yunri looked around awkwardly, not expecting such a response from her dim-witted friend. 

 

"Huh..." She looked curiosly Kwangmin's new hair color, and raised a brow questioningly. "When did you dye your hair?"

 

"Bwo?!" Kwangmin touched his hair, looking at Yunri in surprise. "You can tell??"

 

Yunri looked at Kwangmin in completely deadpanned, "Are you serious?..."

 

He checked his reflection in the screen of his phone. "I thought it looked completely natural."

 

"Natural???" She laughed doubtfully. "Kwangmin, you're not on anything are you???"

 

He muttered under his breath in confusion, "Kwangmin...?"

 

Oblivious to his reaction, Yunri continued, "Well, hey, it could be worse, right? It's not like you're one of those 'idol wannabes' with blonde hair."

 

Yunri continued to mildly laugh, until she heard her name being called, "Yunri!"

 

She turned to the familiar voice, "Eh...?"

 

In her line of vision, she saw  a normal hair colored Kwangmin running over to her.

 

"What the-??!?!" Yunri turned to look at a not-so-amused light haired Kwangmin.

 

She frantically looked back and forth between the two, trying to make sense of the current situation.

 

As the dark haired Kwangmin came to a hault in front of her, Yunri babbled on, "But- How??! What-?! I- Hair??!!"

 

Kwangmin shook his head, while smiling,"Use your words, Idiot."

 

Yunri grabbed hold of the dark haired Kwangmin's collar, and his eyes widen in response, "WHY ARE THERE TWO KWANGMINS????" 

 

"Two..?" Kwangmin looked off to his right. "Hyung? What are you doing here?"

 

Yunri paused for a moment, still holding onto Kwangmin's shirt, "Hyung?...."

 

Completely ignoring Yunri's presence for the time being, Kwangmin continued, "Oh! You're not blonde anymore."

 

"Blonde....?" Yunri glanced at the Kwangmin look-a-like. 

 

Thinking to herself, Yunri quietly panicked, "HE WAS BLONDE?!?!?!! I JUST CALLED HIM AN EX-IDOL WANNABE."

 

Youngmin glanced at Yunri hesitantly, "Kwangmin... Is this your girlfriend?" 

 

"Huh?..." Kwangmin looked to Yunri as if he just remembered she was there. "Ahh, nope. She's my neighbor, Choi Yunri."

 

The dark hair Kwangmin turns to Yunri and introduced her to his doppleganger, "Yunri, this is my brother, Youngmin."

 

"Brother?... As in twin brother?"

 

Kwangmin nodded in response, and she reacted by smacking him on the back of his head.

 

"What was that for????!"

 

"How can you have a twin brother and not tell me?!?!?"

 

Kwangmin merely shrugged and rubbed the back of his head.  "You never asked."

 

"I've never asked?..."

 

Kwangmin nodded as if it were the most obvious answer, "Mhm."

 

"Yah, how about those time I asked if you had any younger siblings??"

 

"I don't have a yonguer sibling though," he pointed toward Youngmin and whispered as if Yunri was a little child, "He's my twin."

 

"Bwo, do you think it's so common to ask a guy if he has a twin brother?!?!" Once again, Yunri hit him on the back of the head. 

 

"Yah, I'm losing brain cells!!" Kwangmin pouted and rubbed the back of his head.

 

As the two continued bickering, Youngmin cleared his throat to gain his brother's attention.

 

Kwangmin looked over to his brother, "Ohh, Hyung, why are you here anyway?"

 

Youngmin eyed him with a playful smirk, "I can't visit my brother?"

 

The younger twin put an arm around the latter and smiled, "Of course you can."

 

He gestured toward the direction of your guys' apartment building and the two began to walk.

 

Yunri trailed behind, muttering under her breathe, "Twin brother? Really? Could told me, but nooo..."

 

Kwangmin looked back at Yunri, remembering that she may need help with her luggage.

 

Taking her bag, Kwangmin commented, "Yah, Yunri! Talking to yourself isn't very attractive. That Jihoo guy will never look at you at this rate~" 

 

"Yah, that's why you were suppose to find me one!"

__________________________________________________________________________

"You sure you don't want to come in?"

 

Yunri shook her head as she stood in front of her own apartment door. "Nah, you guys should catch up. I need to unpack anyway."

 

"Alright." Kwangmin gave her a quick hug, "I'll see you tomorrow then."

 

She nodded and looked toward Youngmin, "It was, uh, nice meeting you..."

 

Youngmin nodded as well in response when he and Kwangmin began to walk further down the hall.

 

As Yunri fumbled with her apartment key, Kwangmin called over while walking backwards, "Choi Yunri!"

 

Yunri was about to scold him, in case any of the other apartment occupants were bugged by his hollaring, but he cut her off.

 

"I missed you!~" She shook her head and continued to open the door, causing Kwangmin to smile as he came to a stop in front of his own apartment, "It's been a long week."

 

After Yunri disappeared inside her apartment, Youngmin eyed his brother curiously.

 

Amused his brother's stares, Kwangmin questioned, "... What?"

 

"Are you sure you two aren't dating?"

 

Kwangmin scoffed, and shook his head with a smile as he opened the door, "Why would you say that?"

 

"No particular reason," The two made their way in.

 

Youngmin looked around his brother's home a bit and continued, "She is pretty cute though."

 

"Uhm, I guess?" Kwangmin felt a bit uncomfortable with his brother's comment. He let out a soundless laugh and shrugged, "She's like a sister, you know?"

______________________________________________________________________________

Yunri puffed out a sigh as you plopped herself on the couch.

 

She was the type of person to overthink a lot of situations, so when she indirectly accused Youngmin of being an "idol-wnnabe" because of his old hair color, she felt unbelievable guilty.

 

Yunri ruffled her hair in frustration, "GAAAH. Why did you say that Choi Yunri?!?"

 

"Gaaawd, such a pabo!" She laid down on her side, "First time meeting a member of your best friend's family and he could now possibly hate you."