Chapter 1

My Best Friend Has a Twin

KNOCK. KNOCK.

 

While talking with her father on the phone, Yunri made her way over to the door and opened it without a moments hesitation. “Yeah, Dad. I’m fine… Don’t worry, I’ll see you at seven…” She glanced up at the figure in the doorway, and gave him a quick wave, signaling for him to enter. “Kay, Bye.”

 

Kwangmin rolled his eyes and shook his head at his barely dressed neighbor, who was only wearing sweats and a sports bra. “Yah, you really need to put on some clothes when answering the door.” 

 

She shrugged as she grabbed a bowl of cereal, “The only one who comes over is you.”

 

“Well, one day,” Kwangmin came over and swiped the bowl out of her hands, “It won’t be me.” He winked at her while eating a spoonful.

 

Good. Then, that means you won’t be stealing my food all the time!”

 

“Ayyye, I can’t help it if I’m hungry~”

 

Snatching back the bowl, Yunri scowled him, “Then go buy your own food!”

 

“Shiro,” Kwangmin pouted, “It’s cheaper to take your’s.”

 

She took a bite of her cereal, “Yaaah, I need money, too~”

 

Kwangmin grabbed a spoon from a drawer and digs in as well, “Yeah, but at least your parents support you. Which reminds me, how long are you leaving me~”

 

Yunri made a face him, disdaining on his greasiness.

 

He let out a soundless laugh, “Okay, seriously. How long you gonna be at your dad's?”

 

Yunri chewed her food a bit, giving her answer some thought. “Ehh, a week or so.” 

 

“Jeongmal?” He shook his head with a sneer. “Ahh~ Too long.”

 

Yunri turned to her fridge to get a bottled water, “Yeah. Well, you’re just gonna have to get your own meals for the next week.”

 

He collapsed on the kitchen counter, “Ahh, but I’ll have to prepare it myself.”

 

She shrugged, “Not unless you get take out.”

 

Kwangmin narrowed his eyes at her, “We both know I can’t afford that.” He sits up and sighs, “Looks like I’ll be having ramen every day…”

 

“Aigoo, lazy babo~” Yunri dumped the empty bowl into the sink and jumped onto her couch to turn on the TV.

 

Kwangmin settled himself next to her and groaned after the sight of the show they’re about to watch. “Boys Over Flowers? AGAIN?”

 

“Shut up, it’s the episode when Jihoo’s hair changes!!” Yunri clutched the couch pillow, anticipating Kim Hyun Joong’s change in hair style.

 

“Why do I need to be quiet if all you do is look at him??”

 

Yunri threw the pillow at him, “Your voice disturbs his beauty!”

 

“Mwo?!” Kwangmin bonked her on the head with the thrown pillow. “Aish, babo.”

 

“Meh-rong!” Yunri stuck her tongue out at him, then turned her attention back to the TV. 

 

Once the actor Kim Hyun Joong appeared on the screen, Yunri let out a little fangirl screech and falls to Kwangmin’s lap. “Waah~

Jihoo’s so handsome!!”

 

He merely sighed while rolling his eyes.

 

Yunri instantly pops up and turned to him, “Kwangmin, you have to find me a guy like him, arrasso?”

 

Kwangmin sneered at Yunri’s request, “And why should I do that?”

 

“Because…” Yunri kneeled in a begging gesture towards the TV, reaching out to her favorite character, “I NEED HIM.”

 

A couch pillow instantly met Yunri’s head, causing her to glare at a playfully smiling Kwangmin.

 

Still with a humorous smile on his face, he shook his head, “What you need is professional help.”

 


 

While walking Yunri to the bus station, Kwangmin rubbed the back of his neck and frowned. "Aish, you should just take me with you."

 

"Bring you back to my dad's place?? No way," Yunri immediately made an objecting look. "That man is crazy. He'll will be under the impression that we're a couple or something!"

 

With a grin on his face, Kwangmin put his arm around Yunri, "Jagiya~"

 

He winked and leaned in close to match Yunri's height.

 

Using a greasy dialect Kwangmin commented, "I think it's about time we tell your father the truth."

 

With the same tone and voice, Yunri smiled with such sarcasm. "I think it's about time for me to bash your head."

 

Kwangmin clicked his tongue and shook his head while continuing to walk ahead. "Such a violent woman... Oh! Your bus is here."

 

He pointed towards the bus about fifty-feet away.

 

Without another said, Kwangmin grabbed her luggage and ran toward the stop as she followed an inch behind.

 

Before hopping on to the bus, Yunri sternly pointed at her best friend. "Take care of my apartment, arrasso?"

 

Kwangmin nodded, "Okay, no need to worry."

 

Yunri eyed him doubtfully. Looking at him from head to toe, she narrowed her eyes, "And don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." 

 

"Yah, what am I five?" Kwangmin smirked mishieveously, "Just leave, so I can tear up your beloved F4 posters."

 

"Really, this little-!" Yunri made a gesture, as if she was going to hit him, "Don't even dare to touch my precious Jihoo!"

 

Kwangmin laughed playfully, "Okay, I was just kidding! Go already, geez." 

 

"You better be!" Before taking her seat, Yunri looked back at Kwangmin, "Don't forget to find me a guy like Jihoo~ It's a command!"

 

Kwangmin merely shook his head, "Aish, this girl... Get going already!"

 

Yunri grinned brightly, and made her way to a seat in the back.

 

With one more glance, Kwangmin turned for home.

 

He muttered to himself, "Just a week..."

 

As she took her seat, Yunri watch Kwangmin walking away, "One week..."