First lights from the city

I will find you forever

A few tears rolled down the young girl's cheek... It has happened years ago but still she couldn't forget. Each time she dreamed about when Junsu and her parted, tears she had hold back in front of him were coming back, just as if she had lived that again, those long minutes, in the same strength, a few moments ago. Slowly, she opened her eyes... A limo has been chartered for her way from the airport to the hotel. It was probably because she had to go to that fashion show and she was on her own in Paris for the very first time that the agency has decided to such an effort. Probably because all the fees were already paid by her childhood friend too, couturier Jang Seong Ho, who wanted the sweet SNSD to be a part of his show, even if she was way smaller than all the supermodels who will get a part of it along with her.

It was weird for Taeyeon to be here alone without the girls... They were so much a part of her life that, when they were not there, she almost felt as if a part of herself was missing. But at least, the big advantage was that the limo couch was for her only private use! Always see positive in everything, it was one of her principle.

Under her body, that black leather couch slightly grated as she was sitting up straight, rubbing her hurting eyes with her left fist. She tried to look outside the window, in the hope of getting a glimpse at what the superb lights of that city known as the most famous of the world had to offer by night but because of the tinted glasses, all she could gaze at was her own reflection. It appeared almost as clearly as if she was in front of a mirror... The time difference has done its job. She had no make-up on, bags under her eyes and pallid face because of her fatigue, and surely because of her sorrow, as well. Her hair, dyed in a copper brown, was a mess. With a sigh, she tried to tame that wild hair of hers, unsuccessfully. And to say she was about to strut among those gorgeous women... Taeyeon didn't really feel she was up to it and this, in any sense of the expression.

She had an hesitation... should she try to sleep again? She was scared that if she slept too much in the car, she would never be able to rest once at the hotel and there was a long day for her in storm the day after, she knew she could not allow herself to go there tired. The other models had the time to get prepared and, it was their job. She had been fit in the show at the last moment and she already had to learn about everything. She knew it was far from being an easy task.

Finally, she arrived at her hotel a few minutes latter, not being able to decide what to do next, simply asking herself questions about the crazy day she had to live tomorrow. The huge car slowed down and finally stopped, a little far from the main entrance. Hotel George V... Seong Ho didn't do things half. Taeyeon couldn't wait to get out of the car to breath the air from the night and to reawaken her legs and the hotel doorman barely had the time to grab the outside knob before she would do it herself, skirting an uncalled-for accident. It would not precisely had been good for her image or as a first impression... Though this was already partly wasted. An Hollywood glamourous superstar was most of the time what was expected to get out of such a car and instead, here she was, Kim Taeyeon, little Korean girl of not even one meter sixty, in a very elegant combination of sweater-jeans-sneakers, which was very simple.

From the moment she has put a step on the ground, she coulnd't help but bowing as thanks, used like she was of her country's salutations. She was feeling embarrassed for a few seconds seeing how the doorman would look at her before realizing he might certainly be used to costumer from all horizons and surely was not easy to surprise when it came to folklore.... Besides, he greeted her politely, the same way she did.

Someone was busy getting her luggages out of the limo's trunk and Taeyeon was not sure about what she had to do or how she had to behave. It was the first time she was on her own in a foreign country, without anyone to help her manage her stress or to guide her. The agency has not judged useful to grant her a manager or a coordinoona, figuring out that the fashion designer already forecasted everything. In reality, it was because sending someone else with her was probably too expensive if it was at their fees. They were earning a lot of money thanks to them but always found a way to do two or three budget cuts. Finally, the doorman invited her to walk to the entrance, opening his arm in an hand sign.

Very quickly, she had to admit that everything here was impressive. The huge doors with gilts impeccably catching light, the lights projected in a splendid way against the tall building, the tall building itself, that, with his lights and shades set, looked more superb and more imposing... And when she stepped into the entrance, she suddenly felt as Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman" and couldn't help an exclamation which resounded in the entire hall, calling out to the few costumers here along with the staff.

Taeyeon blushed instantly and, her head low, she rushed straight to the counter, pretending not to see the eyes which had turned to her and to her outfit which made her look like a lost teenager, some kind of k.pop Bella. On her way, however, she couldn't help but notice how huge was the hall and the way it displayed a refine but yet tawdriness luxury. A massive gold and crystal chandelier was hanging at the ceiling while in the middle of the room was a pedestal table on which a fresh white flower bunch was set, the marble floor revealed complicated draws and each of her steps were resounding melodiously... The was all were made with minutious casts and the ceiling seemed as gigantic as possible. In other words, more than the moment before, Taeyeon was really feeling out of place.

There was no one to welcome her. Her friend Seong Ho surely had thought such a national big star like her would certainly be used to so much splendour and luxury but in reality, she might has visited a few palaces in the world, she knew she could never get used to it. She was a girl coming from a very modest class, after all and somewhere, she still was that little dreamy provincial of her childhood. And, the other times, she was not alone...

At the reception, in his strict suit, the employee who she came to looked at her kindly, yet amused but never embarrassed by her nonchalant get-up and waited patienly for her to speak, after he greeted her welcome at the Four Seasons George V hotel and asked what he could do to help... all that in English, which was quite not her special topic. She had the bases, of course... but most of all it was a nice decoration on her résumé since in reality, she had some trouble to string concrete sentences together.

"A room... I have" She said associated huge gestures with her words in the hope that would be enough to help her. "A room... You know, a room?"

"Une chambre... Vous voulez une chambre?" ("A room... Do you lady want a room?")

"Voulez? A room, for me, here... One person have... booked a room for me..."

"Oh, une réservation a été faite pour vous, c'est bien ça?" The receptionist answered with a big warm smile. ("Oh, a booking has been done for you, am I right?")

Low, she started to repeat the words he has said, not that easily, before assuring with a bit more ease, though she was not quite sure about the meaning of the words out of :

"Oui, une chambre pour moi. The name it is Kim Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon."

The young singer enunciated her first name and last name precisely to be sure the receptionist would not understand it bad and she knew at his half-smile that she was ridiculous. Of course, the young man was not mean, the opposite, he was nice and polite but he had troubles hiding the fun she inspired him. While he was looking through the booking list, she thought the best was for her to shut up and to only answer with courteous nods.

"Your room is a Deluxe bedroom, at the fourth floor. Here is your key... If you lady don't mind filling this registration form..."

Taeyeon opened her eyes wide, taking the electromagnetic card he let slip on the marble coutner. She quickly understood she had to fill a paper with all kinds of imformations which she did not understand many things. She showed the man an embarrassed and pinched smile... She would never be able to fill that papers! Still amused, he nodded to someone and immediately another staff member popped up to help her with her task. She could help but feeling her cheeks making flush in front of her clumsiness and the stupid face it might give her. Thankfully, everyone was behaving very charming and considerate with her.

A few minutes latter, finally rid of her administrative chores, she could get to the tall gold and marble evelators which, just like the rest, were still impressing her despite the fact she might have been used to it. She allowed herself to breath out once inside the conveyor, getting to her room. At least with this all, she refrain herself from thinking about it again. Thinking about them, just like it happened to her too many times. All that while, she had not had that kind of weight on her chest saying her she ha lost something that was extremely precious in her life...

The doors of the elevators closed and others opened. A few hours ago, he has came back from his night out alone, all spruced up, dressed in a suit with luxury leather shoes on his feet. Now, after he has tried in vain to fall asleep for so many hours, here he was out again in a relaxed, less stuffy way, closer of who he truly was. Or has been. He slowly stepped closer to the reception and let his key slip on the counter, to show he was leaving. He needed some fresh air, to breath out. Too many things were bumping together in his mind. He came here while the haute couture season shows, just like many other stars of his kind, to see the collections but it was a fable. He has came here for something else... It was to fight against that sensation of emptiness which never wanted to leave him alone despite the childish smile he still was able to show to the world. The truth was that, deep inside, he was hurt. Terribly hurt.

***************************************************

Yeah, I know there are a lot of descriptions... It's only the beginning, it's just like barely three pages long so be patient. Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing a lot! You are the best! ♥