Three

Paper Balloons

Kyungsoo watched the other kids bruise Jongin's body. He watched Jongin's body become more crippled with each passing second. Kyunsoo wondered why he couldn't do anything, why is his own body was stuck in place, and why did he just coldly watched the beating?

<:>

From his earliest memories, Kyungsoo and Jongin were good friends. As they advance their school years, they started to drift until nothing more was between them. Kyungsoo was then consumed by his own loneliness, but often times his imagination would relieve that empty feeling.

A group of kids would try to hurt him, say mean things, and worst of all Jongin was a part that group. Daily they would torment Kyungsoo. Again and again, a cycle that seem everlasting. But something seemed to break inside of Jongin, all of sudden he was enraged and turned against his own group of 'friends'. Their target changed from Kyungsoo to Jongin, but Kyungsoo didn't repay back the favor. He couldn't, he was scared.

Kyungsoo saw Jongin's empty, cold body and worst of all, his eyes. They stared without blinking.  

<:>

Kyungsoo wrote his letter again. He tied it onto a balloon and watched it float. He repeated that same ritual every single day until one day someone showed up in the midst of his ritual. 

"It's cold," a voice said behind him.

Kyungsoo saw Jongin.

"It was cold at that time; the time when I was out of breath." Jongin said those same words from three years ago.

Kyungsoo covered his ears, but the echo replayed in his head endlessly. Seeing Jongin again seemed like a curse, since Kyungsoo's guilt would resurface. The day Jongin completely disappeared, was the the day Jongin would find Kyungsoo and tell him the same words. For the past three years, Jongin would visit him on that particular day. 

Kyungsoo held the balloon and got on his balcony. He was going to float, so he could join Jongin and get rid of the guilt. Kyungsoo felt his body fall and fall, but during the fall he saw the rising sky above him. His balloon continued to soar higher into the sky. In the end he couldn't hold onto something again, it would always be gone from his grasp. That was how things were. One moments it's in your hands, but the next its going a different direction. 

"Jongin, did you get my messages?" Kyungsoo asked in his head.

"Yes, I read them everyday." Jongin replied.

Kyungsoo smiled as he laid down, but felt another transparent version of him getting up. He walked down a bright end of a tunnel.

He felt as if he finally reciporcated what Jongin did for him.

Nothing was no longer unrequited.


its pretty simple. kyungsoo and jongin were friends, later jongin and his group of "friends" woulld bully kyungsoo

but one day jongin stood up for kyungsoo and instead became a victim to bullying.

kyunsoo is a little fukboi, so he couldnt protect jonging and at the same time felt as if jongin deserved the punishment but later realizing he misses him and that he shouldve helped him. so daily kyungsoo would write letters asking how jongin was. Also kyungsoo was suffereing from scizophrenia that he would imagine jongin visting him, but jongin was lond dead gone so.. in the end kyungsoo commited suicide to get rid of his guilt and pay back what jongin did for him.

Thanks for readin<3