One

Paper Balloons

"It was cold at that time; the time when I was out of breath."

Kyungsoo remembered those words. Even after three years. The same voice still echoed those words in his head. Kyungsoo still remembered those cold words.

He wondered why he didn't say anything at that time. Would things have changed? Would he have felt better if he did? All these possibilites made Kyungsoo regretful for being silent until the very moment that Jongin stopped shivering and was out of breath. That very moment made Kyungsoo's stomach churn. 

Kyungsoo couldn't help but blame himself. Even after three years. He still blamed himself. Kyungsoo always reminded himself that he was no better than the people who made Jongin the way he is now. He was a monster like them; the ones that had ed up minds and hearts. A monster that can't feel pain or anything else. 

<:>

Is it already four AM? Kyungsoo thought as he rubbed his tired eyes to read the beeping clock clearer. Kyungsoo got up of his bed and went out to his balcony where his materials were. He began writing his daily letters that were then tied to a balloon. 

"I'm doing fine.." Kyungsoo mumbled as he let the balloon fly to the skies. He watched the floating balloon rise higher and higher until he could see nothing but a speck in the sky.

Kyungsoo waited until the morning sun came. He shielded his face with his hands from the rising sunlight. The warmth touching Kyungsoo made him relax a little. He didn't feel so cold anymore.

 

 


i tried to make it long...