Mr. Heartbreaker

Mr. Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  “I’ll pick you up at 7… Mmhmm… See you babe.” I kissed the phone as a tip before I hung up. I threw my phone on the table and leaned back against my chair. I propped my legs up on the desk and placed my hands behind my head as I yawned loudly.

  “Mr Seunghyun? May I enter?” I heard Jaehwa’s voice from behind the large wooden door that separated my office from her table outside.

  “Yes, come in.” I drawled and removed my legs from the table just as she pushed the door open.

  “Mr Seunghyun, the new secretary will be coming in at 9am tomorrow. Is there anything you want me to inform her about?”

  “No… Ah. What time am I seeing that girl tomorrow? That one…. Uh…” I twirled my finger in the air and shut my eyes as I tried to recall her name.

  “Kim Eun Na?”

  “Yes her.” I snapped my fingers.

  “You aren’t seeing her tomorrow, sir. You’re seeing her today. Tomorrow it’s Park Minyu.”

  “Ah… Really?” I asked, not surprised at all that I had forgotten her name even though I had just been on the phone with her a minute ago.

  “Do you want me to send Park Minyu a bouquet of flowers?”

  “Yes… 12-“

  “12 roses and a card saying ‘I’m looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.’ Am I right?” Jaehwa smirked at me.

  “You know me too well, Jaehwa.” I winked at her which sent her blood rushing up to her cheeks, creating a subtle blush. “You should give your contacts to the new secretary…”

  “Y-yes sir. Is there anything else?”

  “Not at the moment. Thank you Jaehwa.” She quickly bowed and left my office, closing the door behind her. As soon as she was gone, I propped my legs up on the table once more, getting comfortable as I waited for the hours to pass before I had to go pick Park………. That girl up.

 

 

 

“Sir, it’s already 6.30pm.” Jaehwa said through the phone that connected the one on my desk to hers.

  “Okay.” I replied before hanging up. I stood up and stretched before putting on my suit jacket. Brushing off invisible dust, I left the office with my hands in my pockets. Jaehwa was also packing up the last of her stuff when I came out.

  “Ah… Jaehwa…” I cooed as I gazed at her.

  “Y-yes?”

  “It’s been a pleasure having you.” I gave her a half-smile before leaning in and pecking her lightly at the side of her lips. I could feel her tense up a little before trying to turn her head to reach my lips. However, before she could do that, I quickly moved back and smirked at her.

  “I hope you will keep my number. I wouldn’t want to lose contact with a lovely lady like you.” I removed one of my hands from my pockets and caressed her cheek lovingly. “Have a safe flight.” Sending her one last wink, I walked off; feeling thoroughly satisfied that I had just made another lady fall head over heels for someone she can never have.

 

 

  I wasn’t always like this. Really.

  When I was 12, my mother cheated on my father with another man. A younger and richer one. After taking almost all of my dad’s savings, the wretch finally left our family. She left my dad to take care of me and my older sister, who was barely 16 at that point of time and wasn’t of age to have a proper job to support the family.

  I decided to study hard, get a scholarship, a degree, and then a well-paying job that would allow my father to finally retire and enjoy the rest of his life.

  I succeeded. I passed senior year with the maximum number of As a student could get. I got a scholarship to the best university in the country. After that, I didn’t even have to find a job, the jobs flocked to me instead.

  Now, I’m proud to be the newly appointed General Manager of Park Electronics at the young age of 26. And I’m still climbing up the corporate ladder.

  “Morning.” I greeted the security guard as I tapped my employee card to enter the lift lobby of the company building. He smiled back at me with a nod. I entered the lift and pressed the button to my floor.

  As soon as I exited the elevator, my eyes met with the most enthralling lady I’ve ever seen.

  Her auburn brown hair was tied into a low ponytail which cascaded down her back. Her make-up was simple – brown eye shadow and eyeliner, with a touch of mascara. The thing that stood out the most on her flawless face was her glossy red lipstick that matched her 4-inch heels. She wasn’t skinny, but she wasn’t plum either. Her white satin blouse was tucked into a simple black pencil skirt that hugged her figure waist-down, ending several inches above her knee.

  She was every man’s dream, a curvy, y lady.

  “You are?” I managed to ask after gawking for more than 30 seconds. I cleared my throat, feeling slightly nervous about having such a stunning woman in my office.

  “Park Bom. I’m the new secretary. Please take care of me.” She bowed ninety-degrees, her ponytail falling infront of her shoulders. She gave me a sweet smile.

  “Y-yes. I see. Uh…” I stuttered. “I’m Choi Seunghyun, your boss.”

  “Yes. Is there anything I can do for you this morning, sir? Coffee?”

  “T-that would be lovely. Just take it to my office when you’re done.” I bowed my head slightly before hurriedly walking to my office. As soon as I closed the door, I let out a breath that I didn’t know I had been holding.

  “Yah, Choi Seunghyun, what the hell is wrong with you?” I scolded myself and ruffled my hair in frustration. I went to my table and plopped down on the rolling chair. After mindlessly turning a few rounds on the chair, I noticed a folder placed on my table. I stopped my rotating and picked up the folder. The contents were Park Bom’s particulars and resume. Jaehwa must have left it for me.

  Leaning back on my chair, I slowly started scanning her profile. Park Bom. Birthdate March 24, 1984. She’s older than me?! I sat up straight, startled. She barely looked my age! And I’m 3 years younger!

  That’s it, I need to have this woman, regardless of her age, I thought to myself.

  “Sir?” My thoughts were interrupted when a sweet voice called and a knock could be heard.

  “Come in.” I replied as calmly as possible. She poked her head in before opening the door fully. She held the coffee cup in the tray that Jaehwa always used.

  “Here’s your coffee. I hope it’s to your liking.” She placed the cup on my table before bowing. As she turned to leave, I called her name before I could think of what to say.

  “Uh…… W-why don’t you just sit here…” I said, and then mentally slapping myself for sounding so stupid.

 “SO THAT I CAN KNOW YOU BETTER!” I exclaimed as an explaination. “I think… i-it’s a good habit for the employers to know more about their employees. Yeah! Yeah that’s right. It’s a good habit.” I rambled. She seemed slightly confused for a moment before she hesitantly took a seat in the one opposite mine.

  “So what do you want to k-“ She got cut off with the ringing of my phone. I smiled apologetically before answering.

  “Hello?”

  “Jagiya!” A shrill voice greeted and I was sure Bom could hear it due to the absurd volume that her voice was being transmitted from the phone.

  “Ah… Yes?” I answered cautiously. I didn’t want to ruin my chances with Bom so quickly, especially if the cause of it was this woman(whose name I forgot) that was calling me.

  “You’re picking me up, tonight, yes?”

  “I-I’m afraid I can’t make it tonight.” Yeah, cause I’m planning to ask Bom out for dinner.

  “Ah why!” She whined.

  “I’m busy. Don’t call me again until I call you.” I hung up before she could answer and looked at Bom with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter