Secretive

From Winter to Spring
twoSecretive
┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉

{Lu Han's POV} 

I woke up, breathing heavily, my alarm clock blinking 3:47 AM. I woke up, supposedly to Zitao's voice saying that Minseok's clock was ticking on the first day of winter, December 21st. I looked at the alarm clock once again, and it blinked December 22nd. Was it just a dream? Or was it real?

I felt like it was real, but I also felt as if it was a dream. I woke up to Zitao's pitiful voice, so it was just a dream. Dream? More like a horrifying nightmare that scared the ants out of my pants. Well at least it was a nightmare, rather than being it true that Minseok had cancer.

Whew. Nothing to worry about this winter. It's just going to be like any other winter. Christmas and then New Year's, then winter ends and we celebrate as spring rises on the 21st of March, everything is still normal. 

Now where was my dear cousin Kris? He's suppose to be in the other twin bed five feet away from mine. I rubbed my eyes repetitively until my eyes starting tearing up, knowing that it's not an illusion. I my lamp checking if Kris's phone was there. And it was. At least he's safe somewhere in the house. But after a good ten minutes of waiting and staring into the dark air, there was no sign of him.

Where was he?

His phone was not on, but just out of safety and curiousity, I his phone. Oh well, nothing new or important so I decided to turn on my phone.

Lu Han ge, I'm going to be at the Kim's house so when you leave the apartment, could you bring my phone with you? Don't worry about me, I'm just there to help out and comfort Jongdae. 

After a final Kris being said, I stared at his phone for a while. Well more specifically I was staring at Minseok's number and debated whether I should wake my baozi ge up or not. I decided not to, knowing that Minseok needed his beauty sleep to look naturally cute, right? And that's what I will let him do.

But comfort? What did Kris mean by comfort Jongdae?

 

"K-Kris! Jongdae!" Minseok! Is he okay? Tell me now! My throat burned from the speed I pedalled from the apartment to the Kim residence. I parked my bike and it made a screech, audible to anyone within two blocks. I ran to their door and knocked. I was greeted by their older sister, Kim Hyoyeon, a twenty-four year old who specialized in dancing, just as admirable as her two younger brothers.

"L-Lu Han! Did you hear?" Hyoyeon asked hastily.

I knew it wasn't a dream! "About what?" I asked, just to make sure.

Even though she looked beautiful, she was pale and her cheeks were slim and white. She had puffy red eyes and eye bags. Her cardigan was half on her shoulder and the other half was hanging, her leggings were ripped and damp. Something was definitely wrong with the Kim's.

"Y-you... Nevermind."

"Is it about Minseok?" I asked, assure of the answer. "Are you okay?" I asked. I grabbed her shoulder sympathetically and saw sadness in her eyes, but I don't know why. It couldn't be true right?

"D-do... nevermind." She ignored my question.

"So Minseok's okay?"

I expected an answer of "why do you want to know?" from her, but I guess I was wrong. "Y-yeah. He's fine. Perfectly fine." Hyoyeon took a deep breathe and smiled, maybe a little brighter. "C'mon in. I'm sorry for making you wait out here."

I thanked her and she made me green tea(?). "Do you want a blanket? It was quite cold out there, Lu Han. And I don't want you to catch a cold."

"No thanks."

"I - "

"Hyoyeon noona! Hyoyeon!" Mrs Kim and Jongdae yelled.

"Coming!"

I don't know what the hell is happening, but they're keeping a secret. From me. Hyoyeon was so fragile today. She looked so small and she felt tiny. Her shoulder was small. Was it just me? Or did it just evolve now?

 

   ┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉e.g.