What bothers her

Not Another Fairytale

 

Hee Rin was sitting on the bed with elbow sling and bandage gauze on one side of her forehead. Thank goodness she didn’t encounter severe injuries. She also gained few scratches on her arms.

She was lucky enough to push the break pedal and just ended up hitting the highway pole. But this doesn’t mean she’s already free of trouble. The Queen was so mad and was scolding Hee Rin how careless she is to drive on her own. Telling her how careless she is to even think driving all alone and shoving away her bodyguards.

“What are you thinking driving in full speed?!” The Queen sneered and Hee Rin mumbles an apology.

“Now everyone thinks you’re facing a deep depression in the palace!” The Queen furiously pointed out while taking in deep breaths. Hee Rin can only keep her head down and mumbling an apology every now and then.

“Myungsoo, you take care of this” The Queen says sternly as she turned to look at his son who’s standing behind her with an apologetic look. He bows apologetically before the Queen leaves the room after telling them she sends extra men who would them out of the hospital since there were reporters waiting for them outside.

The ride back home was completely silent. Hee Rin was just facing the window with blank expression, her head was leaned on the headrest and she was gazing outside with vacant eyes. Myungsoo was on the other side of the car, facing the window as well.

“Where to, Sir?” the driver asked and Myungsoo glanced at Hee Rin before answering. “To our house”

He knew she doesn’t want to talk for now and that she needed space to let everything sink in. He was worried sick for her and he couldn’t help but to felt relieved when the doctor announced that she just encounter minor injuries.

A part of him was mad too. What is Hee Rin thinking that she run away from her bodyguards like that? She wasn’t the type of person who would go against the rules. And Myungsoo can’t help but to feel a bit mad towards her for not taking good care of herself.

When the car finally halted to a stop in front of their mansion, Hee Rin didn’t wait for Myungsoo to open the door for her and just walk out on her own. The maids greeted them with a bow and a slight frown when they saw Hee Rin in this state. Myungsoo jog towards the door to catch up with his wife and they stopped when they turned to look at the television in the living room, the news was about Hee Rin getting in a car accident and that the whole nation was guessing on what is behind all this.

Some says that Hee Rin must be facing lots of problems in the palace and was encountering depression, or maybe she’s tired of her life. Everyone can say that and guess all they want, because they don’t know what keeps Hee Rin dying inside. They didn’t know what she’s facing right now and she doesn’t even care if everyone was to judge her.

Maybe some of them were right, maybe even the Queen was right that Hee Rin is out of her mind to drive in full speed without even thinking of the consequences. The Queen lectured her earlier that if she’s facing some problems, it can’t be solved by trying to runaway.

They don’t understand.

Hee Rin was facing lots of problems… Like how is she going to rearrange the program since the charity program has been moved and her schedules were in conflict. She also lacks sleep since her problem with her husband haunts her every night. Everyday she’s also expected to visit various places in behalf of the Queen and it was tiring as hell. Everything just builds up inside her and stress was slowly eating her up. And then Min Ae happens, and Hee Rin finally burst out. She was so tired and Min Ae just find her perfect timing ruining her day…

So in the end, Hee Rin kind of lost her mind and drove… Till she gets into an accident.

The maid turned off the tv when they saw their two masters infront of them. Tears start welling up in Hee Rin's eyes as she recalls what happened earlier. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying to control her emotion.

She turned her heel and walks slowly up the stairs as Myungsoo followed suit. When they reached the door of her room, Myungsoo calls “Hee Rin”

“I’m tired, Myungsoo” She mutters and steps inside her room and Myungsoo lets himself step inside too.

“Your parents were calling” he says and Hee Rin bit her lower lip. She doesn’t want to talk with them right now, not in this state.

“I’ll talk to them next time, just not now” She says with a sigh as she sat on the bed tiredly.

“How about me? When are you going to explain everything to me?” Myungsoo asked.

Hee Rin looks up at him and shook her head. “I have nothing to explain” she says and Myungsoo clenches his fist.

He can’t understand why his wife is acting like this all of the sudden. Why is she keeping everything to herself all of the sudden? She makes him worried even more and Myungsoo can’t tolerate this anymore. He is her husband and he needs to know everything.

“Tell me what has gotten in your mind that you drove all alone without my permission?” He asked as calm as possible but anger was visible in his voice. Hee Rin didn’t speak.

Myungsoo repeats again this time through gritted teeth but Hee Rin didn’t utter any word again to help him ease his mind. This makes Myungsoo even madder.

“Why aren’t you answering me?!!” He barks and took a deep breath to calm himself down.

“Just what is happening with you? This isn’t the Hee Rin that I know… This is not how my wife acts” He says with sad eyes before Hee Rin finally looks at him with tears blurring her vision.

“I’m your husband and I have to know if you’re okay or not!” He points out as he pulled his hair frustratingly.

 

I’m not okay” Hee Rin suddenly spoke which made Myungsoo stop to look at her. She bit her lower lip and hangs her head low while shaking it lightly. “I’m not okay” She repeats as a tear drops on her lap.

Hee Rin…” Myungsoo softly calls as he kneeled in front of her, holding her hands. “Tell me, what’s wrong?” He asks gently while caressing the back of her palm with his thumb. Hee Rin cries.

“Hey” He calls and moved her hair that was blocking her face. “Look at me” He chided as he search for her eyes. Hee Rin shook her head.

“What’s the problem huh? Is the palace giving you hard time?” He asks with low voice. “You want a break? Hmm?” He adds and gave her hand a squeeze. “Come on, tell me. I will do anything to make you feel better”

 

Hee Rin sniffs and looked at him finally. Myungsoo doesn’t know why but his heart seemed to clench really tight that it hurts when he saw how sad her wife’s eyes is. “Will you do anything for me even if it involves Min Ae?” She croaks and Myungsoo froze.

Min Ae? Why is she talking about her?

“W-What?” He stutters and Hee Rin gave him a painful smile before enveloping his hands with hers which is kind of impossible since her hands were too small compared to Myungsoo’s.

“Will you promise me to never meet her again?” She asked, more like begging and Myungsoo can only stare at her with confused mind. What is she talking about?

“What the hell are you talking about?!” He suddenly snapped. “Why is her name suddenly mentioned here?!” He grimaced and Hee Rin looks away.

“Don’t tell me she’s bothering you again?!” He accused. “Hee Rin” he calls when she wasn’t looking at him. “Didn’t I tell you to—“ He was cut off when Hee Rin shot him a look.

“My problem isn’t about the palace, Myungsoo!” She cries. “My problem is you! Us!” She yells with her voice cracking. “I was planning to eat lunch with you that day and—and I wasn’t prepared! I didn’t inform you beforehand since I want to surprise you but it turns out to be that I was the one surprised!” She wailed.

“Min Ae was in your office and I saw you… I saw both of you—“ She panted as her breathing becomes heavy.

Myungsoo’s eyes darkened and his Adam’s apple bobs up and down. His blood starts boiling and his fist were clenching. He understands. He knows what she’s trying to say and it makes him even madder.

“You saw us what?” He asked with his monotone voice.

Hee Rin shook her head. “I don’t want to say it” She sobs.

“Say it” He orders sternly.

 

A tear trickled down Hee Rin’s cheek as she looks straight into her husband’s eyes. “You cheated on me” she squeaks and Myungsoo’s heart shatters.

He doesn’t want his wife to remember him as a cheating husband. He doesn’t want his wife to suffer just because he has a mistress. Never in his life that he ever dreamed of having a mistress. He knew he had wronged Hee Rin. He knew he was stupid to even trick her in the first place but he loves her now and it pains him to see her like this. It pains him to see her confuse of everything and was finding out things the other way.

“Hee Rin… I didn’t” He shook his head.

“I didn’t cheat on you, okay?! I can explain myself… I didn’t kiss her back” He explains with his hands trembling. “I was forced and.. And I don’t want you to think the opposite” He says as he squeeze her hand, pleading with his eyes. “I don’t cheat. Trust me, Hee Rin… And I’m sorry for—“ He stops when Hee Rin throws her arm that was not in sling around his neck, embracing him with all her might.

“Stop” She sobs. “You don’t need to explain anymore… I’m sorry for accusing you” she cries. Myungsoo softens and hugs her back, burying his face in the crook of her neck.

“I don't care if you cheated on me or not. It's all in the past” She murmurs between her sobs.

“I just don’t want to lose you” she says and Myungsoo’s breath hitches.

Now everything is even harder for him… He suddenly ponders on how to tell her everything.  Somehow, he just wants the time to freeze and let him embrace his wife like this without thinking anything… Because he too is afraid of losing her when she finally finds out the truth.