Downfall

My Achilles Heel

 

-YG building-

 

"Jiyong ..." sighed Yang Hyunsuk, "I know this isn't your best. I'm so disappointed with you. Your comeback stage is drawing near and you're still fooling around? Where the hell have you been for the past few days? I expect better from you. See me with a new set of recordings 3 days later, at 10.30pm, at the dance studio."

 

Yang knew the reason why. He's been taking note of Jiyong since Jiyong was 15. He knew exactly what happened and what Ji went around doing whenever he was given free time. He knew about the Seunghyun who left, he knew what went on between them, he knew everything. 

 

Jiyong is like a son to him, and he can't bear to see him get hurt, but he's an idol now, and because of his status, there are certain sacrifices he had to make.

 

Yang sighed again as he stood up from his chair. He pinched the bridge of his nose from all the stress he's feeling as he plopped down to the couch at the corner of the room, taking a rest.

 

-

 

Back at the recording studio was Jiyong. He couldn't focus, he screwed up all his recordings and he felt so useless. All on his mind was Seunghyun, Seunghyun and only Seunghyun.

 

Jiyong's POV

 

Is he alright? Is he eating well? Is he sleeping well? Is he thinking of me like how I always think about him? What is he doing now?

 

I let out a long and weary sigh.

 

"Ji, you alright?"

 

I turned around and saw CL leaning against the frame of the door.

 

"Ne. I'm okay, just feeling a little out of sort. Maybe it's because I didn't sleep well last night. What brings you here, Chae?" 

 

I tried to divert the topic away. I didn't want to tell anyone about Seunghyun. How would they look at me? What more, I don't want anything that would bring burden to Seunghyun. I owe him too much.

 

But Chae persisted, what can I do?

 

"Come on Ji, how long have we known each other? Since we were 5. Now you're trying to brush me off and make me think that you're okay? Oh please." she stopped and hesitated for a moment before speaking again. "Is it ... Him?"

 

There was an awkward silence for a while. The question was too sudden for me. How did Chae know about "him" ? How did she- What does she know? Oh. My. God.

 

"Wait Chae, w-w-what H-HIM? Who's HIM?" I asked awkwardly, trying to feign ignorance.

 

The room fell silent once again.

 

-

 

"Ji. Stop pretending. I knew about it all along. Why didn't you tell me about anything? I thought we are bestfriends! Ji. Please just stop pretending to be strong. I can see that you'll crumble down sooner or later. Come here, you silly dragon."

 

CL went forward and gave Jiyong a hug out of nowhere. A squeezy bear hug. Just when Jiyong wanted to pull away, she held him even closer. Jiyong seems to have lost all his strength all in a sudden.

 

"Ji, just this once, lean on me. You've been strong for too long. Just let me comfort you this once." CL whispered while patting Jiyong's head lightly.

 

 

While all these were going on ....

 

Slowly and secretly, the door to the recording studio opened slightly, quiet enough not to catch the attention of the 2 on the couch. The mysterious person took out his phone and started to snap photos of the "couple".

 

"Got you this time. Jiyong, it's finally my turn to shine, and your turn to fall. Just you wait.." snickered the mysterious man before he takes his leave ..... 

 

 

A/N: Decided to add in CL to spice things up. What do you all think? This is just another short chapter while I try to think of a better Chapter 5! Thank you for reading it!! ^^ Fyi, I'm not a SkyDragon shipper.