The Meetup

My Achilles Heel

 

It was a dark, cold and misty night in the town of Sapporo. Seunghyun folded his already stiff arms and wrapped himself up even more tightly with his jacket as he walked down the quiet alley leading to his hotel. The wind was so strong that you could hear it howling. The lights along the path were flickering so badly that it made no difference in the night.

 

 


It wasn’t any other ordinary night. It was exactly one year after he & Jiyong broke up and eventually lose contact. It hurts him to even think about it every now and then. As he stopped to look at the lonely path ahead, he let out a huge sigh, lowered his head and continued walking.

 

 


Just when he was about halfway through, he saw a familiar figure far ahead and it was not just any figure, it was Jiyong. Suddenly, a wave of heartache struck him so hard that it made him clenched his chest and fell to the ground.

 

 

 

"No, it can’t be. I must be hallucinating again. Wake up Seunghyun, he’s gone a year ago and he won’t be coming back. Don’t be stupid."

 

 

 

whispered Seunghyun to himself while slapping his cheeks with his shivering cold hands. However, this time when he looked around, the figure was already gone. Thinking that he was just tired and seeing things, he continued his walk down the rest of the alley. The tense atmosphere lingered throughout the whole path, slowly and stealthily, so tense that it made Seunghyun’s footsteps go a little faster.

 

 

 

Right before the turn, just right before Seunghyun make his way out onto the main street, he felt a strong pull on his arm from the back. It made him dropped to the ground with a loud thud.

 

 

 

"THE SEUNGHYUN. ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP RUNNING AWAY JUST TO AVOID ME FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?? Do you … you know … how hard is it for me … for me to find you for this past one year …"

 

 

 

screamed Jiyong as his anger starts turning into tears. Seunghyun stood up, patted off the dirt on his jacket, and walked away. He didn’t say anything, he didn’t even respond, all he did was walk away. Of course, Jiyong chased after him, out to the main street. He caught up with the man and grabbed his wrist.

 

 

 

"Please give me a chance to explain myself…"

 

 

 

begged Jiyong. Crowds are starting to surround the two ..

 

 

 

“OMO! IT’S GD OPPA!!”


“OPPA!!”


“Who is that weird man? What is oppa doing with him?”

 

 

 

Seunghyun did not budge. He pushed away Jiyong’s hand and whispered coldly

 

 

 

“You’re an idol now. Go before the paparazzi starts causing trouble for you and your company. Go. I definitely do not want to have anything to do with this and stop looking for me. Perhaps only then I will stop trying to hide. Bye.”

 

 

 

Seunghyun made his way through the crowd, just before the camera flashes start. He knew he spoke too harshly, but that was all he could do at that point of time, to save Jiyong’s reputation. Teardrops rolled down his cheeks, as Seunghyun made his way back to the hotel.

 

 

 

Writer's Note:

Please feedback on what do you think of this chapter!! It woulld be greatly appreciated! /bows 90 degrees/