It's Showtime

Save My Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was blazing hot. Pedestrians looking left to right, making sure of their safety to cross the busy road. Children dragging their parents into toy stores or ice cream parlors, begging for their pleasures to be fulfilled. Street vendors shouting and yelling, aiming to catch as much attention to sell whatever they had for the day. Couples walking together, some wearing matching attires, spending quality time with their special someone. Street performers pouring their hearts out through song, at the same time hoping for spare change from passerbys as a source of income. Clowns inflating and recreating baloons to figures that bring joy to children. Everyone spending their weekend with the best they could.

Ah, Rimin loves Saturdays. A day where she could relax from school pressures, not to mention the eternal stress she gets from the very hectic orphanage. A day where everyone just gets a weekend off to do what benefits them in a way that is non-related to work or school. The cineplex had quite a crowd, but not packed enough to ruin Rimin's mood. Well, of course she's in a good mood. She's going to watch a movie with THE Park Chanyeol of Asia's heartthrob, EXO. Though her bias was Kai, she was more than eternally grateful to even have the chance to spend time with a member of EXO. She was so excited for the date. She dolled herself up with a thin layer of natural makeup (which was because of the sudden insecurities she felt. I don't know about you but if I was meeting an idol I would want to look okay!) and dressed herself in the nicest clothes she owned. Not wanting to be overdressed, she decided that a simple floral dress with a denim cardigan would seal the deal. Heels was not really a very comfortable footwear to be worn on a casual day like this, so Rimin chooses to wear sneakers, thinking that it would follow up with the latest trend. 

It was already noon, and Chanyeol still hasn't came. Rimin looked around in search of Chanyeol, but to no avail he was nowhere to be seen. Different theories started popping up in her head, being the overthinker she is.

"What if he just did this to fool me and wanted me to wait here and waste my time? Did he want to give me false hope? That couldn't be... He's an idol. He wouldn't do that. His reputation would be on the line. Though I am just a normal fan, people won't believe me if I tell on him. Oh my gosh, no. No..." Rimin thought as she slowly started to walk away from the cineplex.

As she was about to leave the building, someone grabbed her forearms and pulled her towards them. Rimin was about to scream seeing the tall figure in front of her until she recognised his eyes and hair. Oh, how she worships those eyes. Chanyeol carefully took off his mask, wary of the watching pairs eyes around him and kept his cap on.

"Hey, I'm here. Were you leaving? Oh my gosh I am SO sorry. I shouldn't make a girl wait. I apologize, I was late because I was trying to hoard off the stalkers outside of my dorm." he said with a guilty expression.

"Oh that's fine, I was just, um, taking a stroll." she said with a sheepish grin on her face, heart melted by his endearing face. He chuckled, seeing her pathetic attempt to cover up her actions.

"Suuure you were. Again, I'm truly sorry for being late. To make it up to you, I'll take you somewhere else after the movie, okay?"

"wHOA did he just extend the date? I am in deep trouble if Jinri ever finds out about this!" she thought.

"O-Okay. Wait, I mean- um, I-I don't m-mind. It's up to you, I'm free for the whole day." she managed to stutter. Chanyeol chuckled yet again, seein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter