Chapter 3

Cessation

 

      “I’m done. This is ending now,” Sunggyu says, clenching his fist. He makes his way to the door. The others stare at him in silence. Sunggyu can be very scary. But before he can reach the door, a timid voice stops him.
 

      “Uh...hyung...wait.”
 

      Sunggyu turns around to see Myungsoo standing up. Myungsoo looks vulnerable and Sunggyu wants to scold him for looking like a sick puppy. Myungsoo mumbles, “I’ll go,” and Sunggyu raises his eyebrows before walking back to his seat. Myungsoo coughs in the imaginary spotlight formed around him by s’ eyes and slips out of the room.
 

      “Nice job, hyung. I wasn’t expecting clueless Myung to do that,” says Sungyeol, grinning at Sunggyu. Sunggyu puts on his “charisma” face and sits back in his chair. It’s all up to you now, Myungsoo. Don’t be stupid.
 

---


      When Myungsoo leaves the room, he thinks that he knows where Sungjong might be. Actually, he’s sure he’s knows exactly where Sungjong might be. He opens up the door to the stairs and begins the journey to the rooftop.
 

      When he reaches the door to the rooftop, Myungsoo stands for a while with his hand on the door, trying to figure out his words. When all his thoughts become an increasingly unhelpful jumble, he bites his lip and pushes the door.
 

---
 

      Sungjong hears the door open. Ugh, how did Sunggyu hyung find me so quickly? He never finds me so easily....He’s facing the skyline, leaning on the roof’s railing, his back towards the visitor. “How di-”
 

      “I’m not Sunggyu hyung.” Sure enough, that voice doesn’t belong to Sunggyu. It belongs to...Sungjong rips his eyes from the horizon and turns to face Myungsoo who stands in front of the door. He realizes that he's alone on the roof with Myungsoo, who's blocking his only way out.  This is unignorable. His pulse quickens and he mentally curses his heart for it.
 

      Sungjong doesn’t say anything. Part of him says that it’s because he doesn’t want to. Another part of him says that it’s because he can’t, whether he wants to or not. Myungsoo’s eyes burn into his.
 

      “Why can’t you even talk to me? What’s wrong with me that you can’t talk to me anymore?”
 

      Sungjong swallows. His throat is dry.
 

      “You didn’t even tell me what I did! How am I supposed to fix something when you won’t even tell me what it is? We live together, you know? You can’t just stop talking to me and think that the problem will go away. Tell me, Sungjong! What do I have to do to fix this?! Just tell-”
 

      “Something’s wrong with me, okay? At first I thought it was you, but it’s me, okay?! I just have to figure this out myself and right now I just can’t talk to you. I’m  being an idiot and I promise, I’m working on it. And I can’t think of a nicer way to say this, but I think you should just leave me alone until I figure it out.” Sungjong sighs (it was quite a mouthful and way more than anything Sungjong has been saying to Myungsoo in the past few weeks) and turns back around, away from Myungsoo's unreadable expression. He waits to hear the sound of the door opening and closing behind him, but there is no noise.
 

      “But I can’t leave you alone,” says Myungsoo. Suddenly, his voice is a lot closer than before. Sungjong tenses up, not just hearing Myungsoo’s proximity, but feeling it. He tries to turn to his left and walk around Myungsoo to reach the door, but he hardly makes it two steps before he feels Myungsoo grab his hand and it's all over now  because when Myungsoo pulls him into a hug he can't stop his arms from hugging him back. He also can’t stop the rush of relief that washes over him once he gives in.
 

      Myungsoo starts talking, and even though his voice is muffled by Sungjong's shoulder, Sungjong listens. “The only thing that’s wrong with you is that you think that avoiding me will solve something. Sungjongie...hyung will always be here for you, even when you push me away. Instead of pushing it away, you should tell me what’s going on.” Myungsoo pauses and takes a deep breath. “Hmm...it feels nice to be able to hug you after so long.”
 

      Sungjong felt Myungsoo’s hand in his hair. He hadn’t realized how much he’d been missing this. He suddenly wonders if it was really worth it to have ignored Myungsoo for so long. I still feel the same way, no matter how much I avoid him. He feels a little disappointed when Myungsoo breaks the hug and holds him at shoulder distance. “So. What’s been going on?”
 

      There is no way that Sungjong can tell him directly. Sungjong can’t even tell himself directly. But he has to say something; Myungsoo is looking right into his eyes, waiting. “Hyung...it’s hard to say. I don’t really understand it that much. Sometimes, you just make me really mad. Not like when Sungyeol hyung bosses me around. It’s different, and it only happens with you. Sorry, I don’t think I can elaborate much past that,” Sungjong says, unable to meet Myungsoo’s blatant gaze. It’s quiet and he doesn’t dare look at Myungsoo for fear that he will be met with an expression of disappointment or irritation.
 

      Instead, he thinks he hears Myungsoo chuckle before saying, “Ah, so does this make you mad?” and before Sungjong can wonder, does what make me mad, Myungsoo’s lips are pressed against his for a split second before Sungjong can jerk back in surprise. And he looks up to see Myungsoo’s smile, his perfect (and dorky) smile. It drives him mad.
 

---
 

      “Huh, I wonder if Myungsoo tamed the dragon yet," Hoya wonders.
 

      "Sungjong probably found out that Myungsoo was the one who accidentally dropped his bear in the trash bin the other day," Dongwoo says, laughing. Sunggyu squints (or not. who knows? ) and Sungyeol just laughs along with Dongwoo and Woohyun.
 


      "What are you guys laughing about?" Sungjong says as he comes in. He's followed by Myungsoo, who's bright grin is almost as distracting as their intertwined hands. Dongwoo looks at Myungsoo and says, "So you apologized for dropping his bear in the trash?" Suddenly, Sungjong stiffens. Myungsoo's face goes pale.


      "AISH KIM MYUNGSOO YOU MAKE ME SO MAD!!!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


woa I finally came back with the last chapter ;w; sorry it took so long

long story short I lost motivation and bahh no progress u__u,,  anyway!!!! I did my best to conclude the story after leaving it alone for so long ehhh man it must have been myungsoo's fanboying over jongie that remotivated me lol

hope you enjoyed it :'D (from now on I'm gonna start actually planning out my stories orz)