Chapter 1

Cessation

 

    Sungjong is being aloof and Myungsoo hates it.

 

    He abhors it even more when he realizes that Sungjong’s newfound indifference is reserved exclusively for Kim Myungsoo.
 

    The day that this becomes apparent to Myungsoo is one of those quiet, unassuming days. At dusk, when most of the members are either sleeping early or lounging about somewhere in the dorm. Myungsoo is huddled on the small couch in the living room, talking quietly with Sungyeol, as usual. And Sungjong is the last to take a shower. As usual.
 

    But then a typical day transforms into an atypical day (at least, for Myungsoo) when Sungjong leaves his room to cross to the bathroom.
 

    “Hyung.” Myungsoo and Sungyeol both look up at Sungjong, who has stopped halfway to the bathroom. Myungsoo thinks that Sungjong’s gaze is piercing; he doesn’t know for sure because Sungjong’s sharp gaze is not on Myungsoo.

 

 

    “Sungyeol-hyung.”

 

 

Myungsoo is surprised at how Sungjong grins and beckons at Sungyeol. Myungsoo is surprised at how Sungjong doesn’t spare him a word, or a smile, or even a glance. And Myungsoo is surprised (and a bit peeved) at how quickly Sungyeol runs to Sungjong’s side.

 

Now, Myungsoo is not hot-headed. He does not shout or whine or pout or stomp. He just thinks quietly. He thinks and thinks and thinks and thinks.
 

 

He just sits and thinks as Sunggyu pats Sungjong and Woohyun makes hearts with his and Sungjong's hands and Dongwoo has a poke-war with Sungjong and Hoya ruffles Sungjong's hair and Sungyeol wraps his arms around Sungjong. And then Myungsoo grits his teeth and decides that he's done thinking. (In fact, he should have been done thinking a long time ago. (Idiot.)

 

 

---

 

 

    It’s not easy. When Myungsoo starts to zone out more often (God knows why), Sungjong wants to hug him and scold him at the same time. He forces himself refrain from both.
 

    He thinks that it would be easier if they were not so closely and constantly watched by the public eye. Because then he has to act as though nothing is wrong when Myungsoo hugs him. And it’s very hard to hold eye contact with Myungsoo when he looks at Sungjong and smiles.
 

    The way Myungsoo starts to cling to him even more than usual makes Sungjong almost give up, but he doesn’t. He reminds himself that he does not want to go back to the Sungjong that always waits for Myungsoo. The Sungjong whose emotions were dictated by Myungsoo. The Sungjong who was helpless. This time, Sungjong will win.
 

    And he can tell Myungsoo is trying hard not to let him.
 

    “Is the hat heavy?” Myungsoo whispers. He asks meaningless questions like this to Sungjong when they stand in front of a crowd and someone else is talking to the fans. Sungjong wonders how many pairs of eyes (minus Myungsoo’s) are on him before he shakes his head, glancing just to the right of Myungsoo’s eyes. Before the brief interaction can end (Sungjong is frustrated now), Myungsoo pets his hat.
 

    Myungsoo pets his hat.

 

 

    Sungjong doesn’t know whether to be grateful that there is a hat between his hair and Myungsoo or annoyed because Myungsoo is going to mess up its perfect positioning. (He is already annoyed because either way, Myungsoo is unignorable.)
 

    When Myungsoo stops pawing his hat, there is no time for Sungjong to feel relieved because he feels a hand wrap around his shoulder and Myungsoo’s chin rest on top of his other shoulder. Sungjong doesn’t turn to look at Myungsoo’s face. He thinks that if he does, he might end up slapping that cute expression right off of it. (He already knows that Myungsoo looks plain adorable. He doesn’t want to see it.)
 

    It’s never too early when Myungsoo finally lets go of Sungjong. When he walks off the stage, Sungjong can let out the breath that he knows he’s been holding for a long time. He walks ahead of Myungsoo and fixes himself to Woohyun who just smiles cheekily. He doesn’t mind it when Woohyun starts to about stupid things.
 

    When they get in the van, he mostly talks to Dongwoo. He doesn’t mind it when Dongwoo laughs more than he talks.
 

    He minds it when Myungsoo leans against him and brushes Sungjong’s hair aside with his fingers; Sungjong finds his everlasting stare more than a bit overwhelming. Sungjong doesn’t know how discrete he is being when he shifts a little away from Myungsoo. He guesses that he wasn’t very discrete about it when Myungsoo makes a sound that is either a short gasp or a quiet sigh before turning away. (He stares out the window instead of at Sungjong.)
 

    Sungjong isn’t sure if he should feel bad, but he thinks that this is what he wanted.


    Sungjong isn’t sure if he should feel bad, but he does anyway.

 

 


thanks for not killing me for April Fools' heh

here take the real chapter 1 (it's actually just as disappointing as april fools' who am I kidding lol)

 

ah btob's comeback is soon and ilhoon has black hair god bless