Siblings

Sunshine

The weekend came faster than Zelo had thought it would. It had been about a week since Zelo has started working in the office and now he finally has some time off. Soaking in the tub, Zelo takes a bubble bath for the first time on years. He popped the bubbles as they floated up and played around with the foam. It smelled like apples because he was using his sister's bubbles. An angry pounding could be heard from the door.

"Hey, jerk! You've been in there all morning! I need to brush my teeth!" The sound of his sister could be heard. He laughed as she whined and stomped her feet like a little kid. It always surprised people when they found out she's older than him.

"It's your fault for sleeping in, first come first serve, sis, go find another bathroom," he called out.

"You better not be using my bubble bath!" She yelled, stomping down the hall to his parent's bathroom. Zelo shrugged and submerged his whole body in the water and then got out. He dried himself off and walked out of the bathroom wearing only a pair of jeans. It was hot today and he didn't feel like wearing any clothes.

"Junhong, you have a phone call," his mother said, handing him the phone with hopeful eyes. She had always hoped he would make some friends. Zelo took the phone from her and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Yongguk, are you free today?" The other line said. Zelo was shocked to hear the sound of his bosses voice in the phone, even then it was still deep and y.

"I am actually, why?" He asked.

He could practically hear the smirk in the other's voice as he replied, "It’s time for our date, of course.” A blush grew on Zelo's face at these words. "I'll pick you up in half an hour," with that, the other line hung up, leaving Zelo a little shocked and flustered. His sister stared at him quizzically, she had never seen her brother act like this. It was new, but pleasant.

"Who was that?" She asked.

"Oh," Zelo looked up, he didn't even notice she was there, this brought a smile to her face, "just my boss," he replied blushing deeply.

"Someone has a crush on his boss," she smirked knowingly.

"I do not," Zelo denied as his blush grew deeper. His sister's smirk grows.

"Mhm, whatever you say." She sauntered into the bathroom, knowing that she won the argument. Zelo sighed a little, smiling. This was the first time in years that his sister had lived with them and he had missed her. When their parents got divorced, his grandma on his dad's side took in his sister even though his mother fought for custody, she only got custody of him. When grandma passed away, his sister was sent here. The worried look on her face whenever she looked at him proved that she already knew everything. Sometimes it looked like she was blaming herself for not being there. Zelo sighed again, sadly, and then got up to go change. When she cane here to live with them, he had promised himself that he would happy so that he wouldn't worry her and that's what he intends to do. With a smile on his face, he walked back out to the living room just as the door bell rang.

"I'll get it," his sister calked before he could say anything. She opened the door and whistled, "well hello there good looking." Zelo mentally slapped himself. He forgot how straightforward his sister was. He ran over to her and looked at the person outside the door. It was it his boss.

"Zelo, is this your boyfriend?" Her eyes gleamed mischievously without leaving Yongguk.

"Not yet," Yongguk winked, making her burst out laughing and Zelo blush.

"Go have fun, you two," she pushed Zelo out the door and locked it.

"Your sister is a very interesting character," Yongguk says, amused.

Zelo rolled his eyes, "you haven't seen the half of it."

 

Miyoung looked scared. They were questioning her. She was crying. Tear flowed down her face freely. It hurt me to see her like that. I wanted to confess, to get her out of her misery. Tears fell out my eyes as I watched her desperately crying that she didn't do it. I opened my mouth to say that it was me, that I killed the person. But nothing came out. This was a game we loved to play with the kids down the block. Back when things were right. Before the divorce, before the separation, before the move. We used to pretend that we were criminals, one of us always killed someone and confided in the other, we would then work together to bury a Barbie doll in the sandbox at night and get rid of the "evidence." A plastic knife thrown near the garbage can. A fake phone with the call history pulled up thrown in the "river." The clothes I wore that night thrown under the laundry basket. We were the criminals, the other kids were the police. There was always a winner. If I never confessed then I win, if I confess then Miyoung wins. If we end up killing each other then the police win. If we succeed in hiding the evidence and they can't find them then we both win. The only loser is the barbie, she just always dies. Miyoung always ends up winning. How this game started? Well, let's just say my mother loved murder mysteries.

We were close, there was no denying our bond. She was the only person I had, even back then. Our parents just never understood. We were also polar opposites, she was always happy, she always seemed to find some good in everything. I always thought the world hated me and wanted me dead. She always thought that it was testing her strength, that it wanted her to fight back. I guess that’s why she can still smile even after everything we’ve been through. After the divorce, everything changed. I lost half of me, she promised we would see each other a lot but I rarely ever saw her. This was the first time I ever felt betrayed. I know it’s not her fault that they moved far away, still, I blamed her for it. I needed someone to blame, I wanted to win the game. For once.