A Little Bit More Complicated

A Place of No Return

 

 

So here is my first chapter of A Place of No Return. Please Enjoy and don't forget to leave a comment!!!


 

Chapter 1: A Bit More Complicated

“We carry burdens that others don’t know”

 

“Hey are you ready?” My friend, Maddy , asked me through our Skype call.

“No, tell me again why I’m taking this job?” I asked her, looking at the mirror to study myself. For today, I wore my blue jeans, a black hoodie and my pink sneakers. I kept my hair cascading down my back and placed a tiny amount of make up on my face.

“Because you and Dew are the ones qualified. Plus shouldn’t you be happy?” Maddy asked me again. I frowned even more and replied, “I don’t know but I will call you later. I have to meet them soon.”

“Okay! Good luck! Fighting!” She yelled before hanging up the video call. I grabbed my car keys, my suitcases and made my way out the door. I looked at my hotel room one last time, before closing the door and checking out of the hotel. I got into my Mercedes Benz and entered the address of the café in the GPS. It didn’t take long for the calculations to be finished. Eventually, I sped off to my destination. The car ride there wasn’t long but it was enough to give me some time to think. My careers came hand in hand. I was a doctor and a CIA agent (not many know about this second life of mine). Being a doctor allowed me to create plausible cover acts and different infiltration mission. It does have its perks though; I get to travel around the world and learn many different languages. But just like every good thing there is also a bad thing. I really don’t get to see my family members often and I can’t always make it back for holidays.

My thoughts were interrupted when Jasper, my automated computer inside the car, spoke, “Ms. Patricia we’ve arrived at our destination.” I looked at the café and noticed that it wasn’t too crowded. The place was called “Little Pasteries” It had a classy exterior that reminded me of the cafés in France. Just by the window, there were circular tables with an umbrella in each to cover the people from the sunlight. Small green benches were also outside where passing people could relax and enjoy without having to enter the shop and buying something. I let out a small smile as I placed my sunglasses on my face and got out of the car, thanking Jasper for his help. I took a deep breath then walked into the café. It wasn’t really hard to spot my clients since a crowd of girls were surrounding them.

“This is going to . How did one of the best CIA agents get degraded to being a body guard?” I muttered under my breath as I got through the big sea of swarming girls. I rolled my eyes at the loud voice. Don’t get me wrong…I like U-Kiss. I am a fan but I’m not crazy like them. I prefer just liking from a far and letting the crazy fans to do all the stalking…Anyways, I sighed again and turned to the Kissmes.

“Guys give them some space,” I told them, but like any other girls they didn’t give a care. I felt my irritation grow considerably higher. Taking a deep breath, I yelled, “Look! Go away! They’re trying to eat!” the fans stopped their screaming for second to look at me. I swear; I could hear their brains trying to find ways to kill me and bury me alive. But honestly, if looks could kill I would be dead right now.  So, I glared back. I guess they were taken aback by my matching death glare. One by one they dispersed leaving U-Kiss alone…at least for now.

I, eventually, turned to the group when all the girls were gone. I bowed to them and said, “Hi, I’m Patricia. U-Kiss’s doctor. I’ll be travelling with you guys, while taking care of your health.” They greeted me nicely, making me frown in my mind. Like I’ve said before, I’m not the typical person who would go crazy in front of my favorite idols. In fact, I’m not much a crowd person, maybe that’s the main reason why I don’t like this job, but if I want to make this mission successful then I have to get over it.

“Hey so Patricia, are you coming to live with us?” Hoon, the blond singer, asked me; dragging me again away from my thoughts.

“Yeah, I guess that is what it said on the job description,” I muttered sitting down on the empty spot next to Kevin.

“So Patricia, how old are you?” Eli asked this time. He was wearing a gray v-neck hoodie with a black under shirt and jean pants.

“I’m twenty- three, Korean age,” I told him sipping the tea that I ordered for myself.

“Wow, you’re young. So NHM hired you?” AJ said. The rapper was wearing a gray short sleeve shirt and dark gray pants. I nodded shyly; I’ve always somehow admired AJ. He managed to balance both work and school. I envied him for that, plus he is really smart!

“Well, enough with all the questions…I’m sure Patricia is tired from her trip,” U-Kiss’s manager said to the group as he arrived. I glanced at him and bowed to greet him.

“No it’s okay really,” I muttered stoically walking out of the café with all of them following behind me. They gaped at the black Mercedes Benz parked outside.

“That is one sweet ride! I wonder who owns it,” I heard AJ comment. I inwardly laughed at his comment, pressing the button on my keys to unlock the car.

“Do you want to ride? I’ll just follow the van back to the apartment where you guys live in,” I stated getting in the driver’s seat. I noticed the other members looked a bit more envious.

“I can only fit four people with me in the car,” I notified them nervously. Every single one of them turned to each other and whispered amongst themselves. I raised a brow at their curiosity, while the manager rubbed his temple.

“What are you guys doing?” I asked watching everyone except AJ with their hands out in front of them. In all the years of life, I’ve never seen grown men act so childish. I mean come on, rock, paper, scissors? Isn’t that a bit childish to determine who gets to sit in my car. I sighed to myself for probably the fifth time this morning. After hearing a loud cheer, I found Soohyun, Kiseop and Hoon frowning while Dongho, Eli and Kevin were smiling widely. I’m assuming that they won. 

“So, can we go now?” I asked, rolling my brown eyes.

“Yeah, me, Eli, Dongho and AJ will be going with you,” Kevin announced grinning at me excitedly.

“No kidding, I figured that much,” I told him getting inside the driver’s seat. The four of them followed with Eli sitting in the front next to me, while the rest of them sat in the back.

“So, you’re our doctor as well as our bodyguard?” Kevin stated. I took a right to follow the van ahead of us before I answered, “I am…look. I know that I don’t look qualified just trust me okay. Your company hired me and my friend. You’ll meet her at the apartment.”

“Well, we’re here. Where is…”AJ started out then stopped when a motorcycle stopped next to us. I smirked, watching the idol look at my friend. Dew got off her bike and took off her helmet. My smirked got even bigger when I noticed my passengers’ gaping expressions. I observed Dew’s outfit and found her wearing black skinny jeans, brown leather jacket and black combat boots. She had her hair tied into a high-ponytail, so basically my partner looked good and the people in my car knew that.

“Dew, what did I tell you about dressing like that?” I laughed, pointing at the blushing faces at my rearview mirror. My friend laughed, “You’ve worn much more…um….interesting ones?”

“What?” the four boys chorused this time looking at me. I shook my head and got out of the car.

“Might as well go inside, we can discuss this matter more privately later,” I told them with a grin before following Dew into the apartment. 


I'm actually trying to get back to actually right a well meaning story so Please leave a comment I will get back to you. :D

Bye bye for now! P_Fig93 <3