Regret and What Ifs

One Lovely Spring Day

Jaejoong profusely thank the man he came to know as Jung Yunho. The man just smiled at him and took him to the infirmary... since that day he became in love with the so called man. He is in middle school at the time.

 

After a week, Jaejoong found himself hanging out with his Yunnie. They became quick friends and Yunho promised him he wll always protect Joongie and will not leave him...

 

Jaejoong's parents died in a car accident when he is so young. They are so rich but when his parents died, his uncle took over their business, and instead of taking care of him, they left him in an orphanage when he is ten. Fortunately, because he studies hard, he became a scholar and one businessman who took pity of him promised to pay his tuition fees, if only he will be in the top of the class. Because of that Jaejoong became a nerd and because of that he is always bullied. No one likes to befriend him in their school, until he met Yunho, his hero, his sunbae who is one year ahead of him. But because of Jaejoong's brilliant mind, he skipped one year and he became classmates with Yunho.

 

As time went by, Jaejoong noticed that Yunho seems to be making moves to him, such as:

 

 

"Yunnie! What took you so long?" Jaejoong asked when they bought groceries.

"Eh? I just didn't know how to talk with a beautiful princess like you." Yunho suddenly said with a smirk.

"Yun!" Jaejoong pouted and blushed hard. Yunho noticed it and .

 

Even Jaejoong wants to stop his feelings for this man, he can't. He tried to distance himself when he noticed Yunho making this so called courting to him... He cannot tell Yunho about it and as he drifted farther, Yunho came closer. he always protect him from harm, he encouraged him to do things he can't, he gave him confidence by telling him always he is beautiful and smart, that he can  show the world what he got, that he can aspire to reach his dreams...

 

Now, they are in 1st year...

 

Rumors spread their classmate, Go Ara, is flirting with Yunho. Jaejoong even saw Ara dancing ily in front of Yunho when they are alone in a classroom, Jaejoong peeking from the door. And all throughout the year he got worried that Yunho will gave in to Ara's seductive moves. Sometmes Jaejoong will be staring blankly at nothing, and when Yunho asks him what is the matter, that he will be always there for him as a bestfriend, Jaejoong will just run away from Yunho, crying his heart out under an oak tree, leaving Yunho dumbfounded, not knowing what is happening...

 

2nd year...

 

Jaejoong, at the first day of their class, saw Yunho and Ara kissing sensually under the oak tree he used to cry at. Jaejoong's heart broke at the scene, and since that day he tried to go back at his old nerdy self, with no self confidence, no friends, no one to show love... he became harsh to Jung Yunho and Yunho just let him be. But when:

 

 

Yunho: Jaejoong!

Jaejoong won't look back.

Yunho: KIM JAEJOONG COME HERE OR ELSE...

Jaejoong looked back and ran to Yunho... and...

 

SLAP

Yunho: What is that for? What is your problem, Jae? Tell me!

Jaejoong said in one piece: You are asking me what is the problem? MY CRAZY _______ PROBLEM IS YOU! ARE YOU REALLY HEARTLESS, OR YOU WON'T CARE!? SH*T! FOR YEARS I HAD BEEN IN LOVE WITH YOU! I LOVE YOU SINCE THE DAY THAT I MET YOU! YOU GAVE ME CARE, YOU GAVE ME CONFIDENCE, YOU GAVE ME EVERYTHING! I DO NOT KNOW WHY I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE LIKE YOU! I HATE YOU JUNG!

Yunho didn't answer. He is so shock at the revelation, even to the way Jaejoong said it. He just walked away, not even looking at Jaejoong. Jaejoong is left there, broken. Since that day, They didn't talk. Jaejoong really came back to his old self...

 

3rd year...

 

Jaejoong has become really vurnerable now. When one time he is beaten by the bullies again, he saw Yunho, not even bothering to help him, walking away with Ara, who is smirking... It went like that until the day of their graduation...

 

"class, before our graduation, I would like you to get a piece of paper, and let all your classmates scribble messages there..." their teacher said out of the blue.

 

"Seunsangnim... but..."

 

"No more buts Jae. Just do it arasseo?"

 

"Ok mam."

 

after minutes...

 

When Jaejoong got his paper back, he is so hurt of the words written there.

 

"____! You are just a weak piece of !"

"Nerdy is crying! Bleh! :P"

"Hahaha! I got Yunho from you! You are nothing but trash! You will never get him back! He doesn't care even a bit for you! For him you are just a bad memory, a nightmare! ~Ara"

"I hate you so much Nerd!"

"Get lost!"

 

and the worst of all:

 

"I do not like you Kim Jaejoong. I love Ara, so do not bother to come to me again. Stop flirting with me. Stop making me notice you. Get lost, Joongie. I do not care about you anymore. I am  not your Yunniebear, I am not your hero, so get away from me. ~Yunho"

 

Jaejoong ran away from the classroom once he read this... crying, cursing himself, wishing he haven't existed fro the first place if it is God's plan for him...

 

Their graduation...

 

Jaejoong didn't attended. Yunho became worried, and knowing where Jaejoong used to go, he went to the oak tree...

 

 

"Yunho..."

 

A voice kept saying...

 

"Yun... h-h-ho..."

 

The voice became clearer as Yunho went nearer the oak tree...

 

"Jaejoong!? Jaejoong!"

 

Yunho saw Jaejoong, lying in a pool of blood. Jaejoong can barely open his eyes...

 

"Jaejoong! What happened?"

 

"Yun... A-Ara's d-d-dad... he... shoo-oo--ted me with- his gun..."

"Why will he do it? Ara's family is well manered. They-"

"Yunnie... I know you love her... but... plea-se... be ca-careful with her... I want you to know... I-i st-still love you... Take care... I will be *cough blood* watching you from... above. I-"

"Jaejoong! You will not die! I will call the ambulance..."

"No, andae. Just bury me under this tree... I-I love you so much Jung-"

"Jaejoong! JAEJOONG! OPEN YOUR EYES! DO NOT LEAVE ME! I-I-... I LOVE YOU BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU DIRECTLY... I tried to suppress it but I can't..."

Jaejoong just smiled, shedding the last tear, he died... Yunho cried with anguish... and to that minute, he reported Ara's dad to the police... he didn't stop until he was convicted of murder... Ara and he separated, Ara became a psychotic person after that, and she was admitted to the mental hospital...

 

 

Yunho went to Jaejoong's house, reminisching their happy moments there... and when he came across Jaejoong's drawer... a paper seems to be revealing itself... he read:

 

 

My dearest Yunniebear, Happy birthday! I hope you like this poem I wrote for you...

 

That One Spring Day

 

The moment I saw you

My heart skipped a beat or two

 

When I came to know you

I discovered you liked me too

 

I like your cheesy lines

Because of that I feel fine

 

But now you had a girlfriend

I am just your trash friend

 

You know my feelings fot thee

But you won't care for me

 

I just want to see you happy

But I have to walk away sadly

 

But I am so happy that day

When I met you that one spring day...

 

Jung Yunho, saranghae.

 

~Kim Jaejoong

 

You made me felt loved, you gave me a reason to exist, to see your smile... to see you happy... even I am so hurting now because of you, I want you to know I am still in love with you...

 

 

Yunho felt so guilty... He hadn't told earlier Jaejoong that he love him also... if only he hadn't been affected by people's criticisms to Jaejoong, If only he had protected him, If only he fought for him, if only he hadn't left him... If only he showed how much he love him... Jaejoong might feel he has a family... that he has a friend he can depend on, that someone loves him... that there is the reason he existed...