Goodbyes

I Fell In Love w/ my Best Friend

Author's POV*

 

"Oppa?"

 

He closed his eyes & pretended that he didn't hear anything. Drunk, ugly, wasted & pathetic he mentally laughed at his poor state, why can't he just love the girl who is always there for him.

 

He can't just risk the friendship he build w/ her for long long years, he treated her like his own sister, his little sister that he wanted to protect. Yoona, he thought she felt the same way, he risk the friendship w/ her & ended up getting nothing.

 

He heard the door creek & closed, 'she left' he bitterly said. He massaged his head, he can't understand why he sounded so disappointed when she left that's what he wants.

 

'Go after her Lee Donghae' His mind told him but his heart told him not to.

 

'You will hurt her more, you already gave Yoona your heart.. she own it! you know that.'

 

DARA's POV**

 

"Pathetic.." She whispered & mentally laughed at herself.

 

"What do you expect Dara-yah? he will come running for you? you know it's been Yoona.. its been her all along, why do this & punish yourself...." She said while wiping her tears.

 

"You will find better.." she said convincing herself.

 

"You deserve someone better..." she smiled sadly and took a step to leave.

 

She was about to leave when she felt someone hugging her from behind.

 

"Make me forget...." He whispered, she felt his tears in her shoulders. She never saw him like this, only her.. only her can make him like this.

 

'What to do now Dara-yah?' tears continued to fall from her eyes.

 

"Can you... do.. that Dara-yah?"

 

She faced him, wiped his tears.

 

"If i do that... will you love me *she paused* as much as you love her?." She almost choked from her words.

 

He avoided her pleading stare.

 

Dara look down & pathetically smiled, i tapped his shoulder.

 

"Hey, it's fine...

 

"No, it's not Dara-yah I....

 

I smiled, "Listen, fight for her." He looked at me, confused.

 

"I'm letting you go, I can't just force you to love me right? & you love someone else so fight for her."

 

"What the heck are you talking about Dara." He held both of my shoulders shaking me.

 

He is shaking, he's afraid I can tell. He knows me too well, I grew up w/ him afterall.

 

"N-no..."

 

I kissed him for the last time, "Dorky Darong wants to say goodbye."

 

He just stood there, in shock.... he just stared at her leaving him.