Confession

Love of The Ice Prince

 

You walked into the classroom as the first bell of the year rang. Looking around for a place to sit, you saw him. The Ice prince of the school. He was still the same as the first time you met him. He was sitting in the back corner of the classroom looking out the window. That was his signature pose. Suddenly he turned and your eyes met. His eyes locked with yours, then he looked at the desk next to him, and then back at you. "Does he want me to sit next to him?" You thought to yourself.
 
Just then, one of the "Popular girls" pushed you to the side and said "Don't just stand there. Figure your life out. There's a seat right there. Move it." You looked to where she was pointing and there was an empty seat in the middle of a group of girls you never want to get involved with. Of course you had no other choice. You walked over and sat down as the other girls started giving you mean looks. You turned to the back and saw him with a slightly disappointed look on his face. "What's with him?" You thought to yourself.
 
A week later when you were walking home from school, you heard a bunch of girls yell "Bye Kris!" in the most annoying voices possible. Confused, you looked at him. "He always ride his privet car home. Why is he walking today? More importantly, why is he walking towards me? Wait..... ME?!" You were screaming in your head but remained silent with a blank expression on the outside. Kris looked at you for a long time and you started to blush. "Hi...." You said nervously. He smiled and it shocked you because he almost never smiles. Even when he does, it's just a fake one to get away from the annoying girls. This was a simple but real smile. "Hi, I'm Kris. Mind if I walk with you?" He asked. "I don't mind at all. It'd be nice to have some company for a change." you said casually as you started walking. "If I'm correct, you're Zhang Xin Mei(张心美) right?" Kris asked looking at you. You laughed "Well yes that is my name, but please, call me Xiao Mei(小美)." Everyone's been calling you Xiao Mei for years so it was really funny to hear Kris call you your birth name.
 
"That's a perfect match" he said with that smile again. "What's a perfect match?" you asked "Your name and you. Your name is  Xiao Mei  (美 means beautiful) and you're beautiful." he replied. You stopped and looked at him. "Did he just say that? Does he like me? What's with him?" these questions ran through your head repeatedly. "Are you ok? Xiao Mei?" he asked with a little bit of an worried look. "Kris, may I ask you something?" You asked quietly. He smiled a really cute smile and replied "Of course. Go ahead" you looked at the ground and took a deep breath "Do you.... like me?"
 
 What's he gonna say? Will he answer? Was that a good choice??? You looked up at him, waiting for an answer. "Come" he said and headed for a bench by the trees. You followed him slowly, wondering what he'll say. He sat down and patted the space next to him. "Sit down here Xiao Mei." you walked over and sat next to him nervously. "Do you remember the first time we saw each other? And the first time we talked to each other?" he asked looking at you with a blank expression. You thought about the question for a moment and remembered. "We were in middle school. I was studying by the basketball court. Someone threw and ball too hard and it bounced off the back board and hit me. Then you asked you me throw it back to you. After I gave you the ball, I left." you said watching the flashback in your head. "The next year, we were in our last year of middle school. I walked into the classroom and looked for a seat in the back. There was an empty seat next to you and you were looking out the window.....When you saw me, you looked at me for a long time, then the seat next to you, and back at me........" you just realized he did the exact same thing to you last week!
 
Now you were really confused. "I remember looking at you hopping that you would understand and sit next to me like I asked. I watched you walk slowly towards that seat and when the bell was about to ring, I yanked you into the chair so you wouldn't get in trouble." he said looking at the trees. "Oh yeah. You scared me when you did that, but thanks." you remembered how you were lost and confused in that moment when he yanked you. "Once the teacher walked into the classroom and started talking, I introduced myself. I said 'Hi I'm Kris, nice to meet you.'" he looked at you and smiled. "You were afraid to get in trouble so you didn't reply and after that day, you never sat next to me again." He looked a little sad and you felt really bad. "From that day on, I've never let anyone sit next to me and I've always been right next to the window in the corner. No one can be close to me but you. I've been saving you that spot for years, just hopping that one day you'll sit with me again." he said looking right into your eyes. "Oh my.. Kris I'm so sorry I didn't know. Everyone says you're the ice prince so that's why no one sits next to you." you said feeling guilty.
 
He smirked "I knew that shutting everyone out would change my image, but it was the only way I could get you closer to me. Everyday I look out the window and when I see you, I hope that you'll give me another chance and sit with me again." he said. You felt terrible about always avoiding him. You were afraid that other girls would spread rumors if you got close to the ice prince. "Kris if you told me this, you know, four years ago then you wouldn't be the ice prince. I mean, unless you enjoy being the most handsome guy in the school that everyone is afraid of.." you said thinking about what could've happened if he'd talked to you the first year you guys met. "Well it was all worth it. I was able to focus on you without any bothers." he smiled at you. "Kris, I don't understand. Why did you do this?" you asked. He pulled you up and looked deep into your eyes. 
 
 
 
"Xiao Mei, I've been crushing on you since the first time I met you." You stared at him in silence because the truth completely froze you. After all these years of questioning his actions and feelings, you finally got your answer. "Kris,..... You didn't tell..... I've always had a crush on you." you confessed. He had a slightly shocked look on his face. It's hard to see the different emotions on Kris's face because he always has that ice prince look. When you looked more carefully at his face, you saw sadness. Well of course, you kept him lonely for over four years. He has every right to be sad. "Kris, I'm sorry. I didn't know how you felt. I was worried about other people and-" you were interrupted by Kris suddenly pulling you into his arms. "You don't ever have to say sorry to me. You will never do anything wrong. The only way you can hurt me, is to push my love away from you. Don't leave me. I.... I need you." you didn't know what to say or do. All you really could do was stand still and enjoy the moment. Then he pulled back and looked at his watch. "We beter get you home. It's almost four." he said and started walking.
 
You followed behind him silently until you reached your favorite rose bush. You ran up to it and took in a big whiff of the fresh scent. "You like roses?" Kris asked standing behind you. "Yeah. I always stop to smell the roses down this street. They're so pretty. I wish I had some." you turned around and smiled at him. "Oh well! Let's go!" you were always quite a bubbly girl so nothing really brought you down. You walked in front this time smiling at all the roses and Kris followed behind. Then he started walking a little faster and caught up to you. He grabbed your hand and entwined his fingers with yours. You blushed but kept walking. Once you got to your house, you stopped in front of your gate and smiled at him.
 
"Well this is my house. Thanks for walking with me." you said cheerfully. He smiled and pulled your hand up to his lips and gave you a soft princess kiss. "Thanks for talking to me. I enjoyed walking for a change. Have a good night." he said and left. You walked into your house and headed straight to your room.
 That night when you were laying in your bed, you thought about everything that happened today. You focused on Kris and his personality. It was a strange, warm but cold personality. For some reason, Kris's personality and appearance looked familiar to you......
 
The next day when you got to school, you took a deep breath and walked into the classroom. To your surprise, Kris wasn't there. He's always the first one there. Where could he be? Just when you were looking out the window thinking about him, everyone suddenly went completely silent. You turned and saw Kris, walking towards you with a bouquet of beautiful roses. When he reached your desk, he smiled at you. You got up in shock and looked at him. "Kris, what are you doing?" you asked. "You said you love roses so I got you some. Here you go." he replied and handed you the bouquet. You looked at all the beautiful pedals and smiled. "Thank you Kris. These are beautiful." you said smiling at him. He chuckled and your cheek. Everyone else in the room was still silently watching this scene. You got nervous and blushed. Then he grabbed your bag and slipped it over his shoulder. "Umm Kris? What are you-" he grabbed you hand and pulled you across the room to the empty seat next to his. "From now on you ,and only you, sit here." he said more to the other people than to you. You nodded and sat down. After that, the teacher walked in and the day began.