Too late

Too late

 

It was too late.

 

And she looked beautiful.

Her slim figure was wrapped in a beautiful white dress. A beautiful wedding dress. Her hair was beautifully pinned up, decent make up made her look pure, innocent, beautiful.

A small smile graced her lips. It wasn’t a happy smile. It was a smile that said more than thousand words. Everything she regretted, everything she wanted to be different.

 

“Yoona.” Donghae whispered, tears forming in his eyes as he looked at the groom standing next to the woman of his dreams.

 

Taecyeon. How Donghae hated him. How he wanted to kill him, to let him disappear from this world once and forever – but he couldn’t. What could he do? The answer was simple. Nothing.

“We have gathered to tie the knot between Ok Taecyeon and Im Yoona.” The priest started his speech.

 

No, don’t do that. Stop it!, Donghae thought. He couldn’t stand there. He couldn’t just watch. He was watching how the love of his life was getting married to another man, against her own will.

This was not right. This was wrong. But he also knew that he wasn’t the right man for her. He had to let her go.

 

He couldn’t hold it anymore. Tears started flowing over his cheeks, his eyes became red. He remembered all the sweet moment he shared with Yoona. Every single promise they made, about loving each other eternally, about being together forever, having kids, growing old together until death would separate them. And even then, they would be together. They knew, they would be together in heaven again, that’s how strong their love was.

 

And the priest’s speech went on. Donghae didn’t really listen to him, his eyes were glued on the beautiful woman standing next to the man he hated the most.

 

“Oppa we will be forever together right?” Yoona asked, smiling brightly. Donghae let out a small laugh.                

“Who knows.” He said, a small smirk crept on his face.

“What do you mean who knows. I know. We will be forever together.” She protested and crossed her arms.

Donghae couldn’t help but laugh as he saw her pouting. He leaned in and placed  soft kiss on her lips.

“If you say so, then we really will be forever together.”

 

Tears kept flowing over his cheeks as he recalled all the sweet moments. But not only sweet moments, he also thought about every fight they had, every misunderstanding, simply about everything.

 

Whenever he needed someone, she was the first person to be there for him. She always tried comforting him and she always succeeded, but she thought she failed. She never believed she was a good girlfriend for him, she believed she wasn’t good enough. She couldn’t make him smile when his something was bothering him, she could never distract him – but other people could. Other girls who were like sisters to him. He was always being nice to them, not even once would he talk to them coldly. But he treated Yoona different. When his mood was down, he ignored her, he was cold towards her, he never appreciated anything she did for him.

 

“Oppa I know you’re going through a hard time. And what can I do except hugging you and telling you that everything will be fine? Nothing. But I’m here for you. Even if it’s just to hold you in my arms and to comfort you without any words, I’m here. I will support you. I will be by your side no matter what will happen. Everyone has problems, but you are no longer alone. You have me. We can face all the problems together.”

 

That’s what she said once. That she was there for him. That he wouldn’t be alone. But he was.

And it’s his own fault.

He broke up with his dream girl. In his eyes, she was the only woman for him. Sure, she wasn’t perfect. She also had her flaws. But he loved her flaws. He loved her imperfections. He loved the way she smiled when he told her cute things. He loved when she told him she loved him. He loved her face. He loved her hair. Her body. Her lips. Her heart. Her personality.

Her everything.

 

“You may kiss the bride.”

 

Slowly, Taecyeon leaned in and captured his now wife’s lips. Yoona closed her eyes, trying to hold back the tears, knowing that Donghae was watching.

It was enough. It was more than enough. Donghae couldn’t bear the pain in his chest any longer. He felt betrayed by his own heart.

Yoona wasn’t his anymore. She was Taecyeon’s wife.

 

He lost her. This was the end. He ran out of the church, he couldn’t watch any longer. He didn’t want to feel more pain. He ran and ran until he felt exhausted but that also couldn’t stop him from running. Until he wanted to cross the street. He stepped on the asphalt, he was almost on the other side of the street, when he heard a loud honk of a car that wasn’t too far away. 

It was the end. He knew it. A last pray for the love of his life’s happiness before it would end. He didn’t make any move to save his life.

 

It was too late.

 

 


Hey guys. So I wrote a sad one shot. Well I hope it is sad. I didn't want to end it like this but I had to do that. Personal reasons, and writing that made me feel better, I don't know why.
Never mind, I hope you liked it. Even if it was sad. I pity Donghae T-T
If there's anything you didn't like, about my grammar or stuff, please feel free to tell me, I appreciate that since I want to improve as much as possible.
Thanks. :)