White Witch

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe

Luxi's POV:

I couldn't sleep for the night. I was busy thinking about Narnia. I sat up, grabbed my shoes and walked outside. I had the candle to light the way.

I got into the spare room with the wardrobe. I reached my hand out, still not sure to open it. Finally, I picked up my courage and opened it, a gust of wind blew through me. The candle went off, I smiled and walked in.

 

Tao's POV:

I got out from the bathroom, I saw Luxi down the corridor. I smirked and followed her. She was entering a room, the spare room she said this afternoon. She walked inside the wardrobe. I smirked.

"Luxi-ah," I called her. I walked closer to the wardrobe. "Mei mei?" I called.

"Boo!" I trieed to scare her, but she wasn't there. I sneakily got inside the wardrobe. "Luxi-ah. Hope you're not afraid of the dark," I teased, closing the door behind me. I walked within the clothes, suddenly I felt branches and leaves by my side. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"L-Luxi?" I called her. "L-Luxi-ah!" I tripped, but I didn't land on the floor. I landed on something soft and cold.

Snow.

I gasped and stood up. She was right, after all. There was a forest here. I continued to search for her. "Luxi-ah!" I called. 3 minutes later, I leaned against a tree, tired from walking.

"Mei mei! Luxi!" I called.

Suddenly, rings of bells were heard. I turned to see where it came from. White reindeers started to appear, running towards me. I moved back a little, a white carriage appeared in my view. It almost hit me, I tripped on the ground. The carriage stopped. A dwarf came out of it and ran towards me. I tried to run away, he hit me with his whip. I tripped and he pinned me, threatening me in the neck with his dagger.

"Leave me alone!" I pleaded him. "What is it now, Ginnarbrik?" a female voice asked.

"Make him let me go! I didn't do anything wrong!" I pleaded her. "How dare you adress the Queen of Narnia?" the dwarf asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I didn't know!" I argued. "Then you'll know her better hereafter!" he raised his dagger, but the woman stopped him.

"Wait!" she came out from the carriage, I stood up. She wore a white dress, a crown that looked like it was made from ice.

"What is your name, Son of Adam?" she asked me. "Huang Zi Tao," I replied. "And how did you came to enter my dominion?" she asked again. I looked down and furrowed my eyebrows.

"I-I'm not sure. I was just following my sister--"

"Your sister? How many are you?" she cut me. "Four. Luxi's the only one who's been here before. She said she met some faun named... Tumnus. Kris and Sena didn't believe her, I didn't either," I explained.

"Tao, you look so cold. Come sit with me?" she offered. I narrowed my eyes and walked to her carriage. I sat beside her.

"How about something hot to drink?" she offered. "Y-Yes, please... Y-Your Majesty," I stuttered, she smiled and took a small vial of liquid. She opened it and let one drip of the liquid fall into the snow. In an instant, a cup and the drink was made. I widened my eyes. The dwarf handeed it to me.

"Your drink, sire."

"How did you do that?" I asked in disbelief. She chuckled. "I can make anything that you like," she told me. "Can you make me faster?" I joked. She giggled. "Anything you want to eat," she said. I looked down. "Turkish Delight?" I asked. She smiled and dripped the liquid again. A silver box of Turkish Delight was made. She dragged my drink away, I started to open and taste it. Wow. This is the sweetest Turkish Delight I've ever tried.

"Tao?" she asked me. "I would very much like to meet the rest of your family," she told me. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why? They're nothing special," I argued.

"Oh, I'm sure they're not nearly as delightful as you are," she assured me. "But you see, Tao, I have no children of my own. And you are exactly the sort of boy who I could see, one day... becoming Prince of Narnia. Or maybe even... King," she told me. I widened my eyes.

"Really?" I asked. "Of course, you'd have to bring your family," she told me. I looked down. "Oh. You mean, Kris would be King too?" I asked. She chuckled. "No! No!" she told me. I sighed, half relieved that Kris won't be ordering me again.

"But a King needs servants," she said, raising an eyebrow. I smirked. "I guess I could bring them," I told her. She handed the food to the dwarf and pointed to a view.

"Beyond these woods, see those two hills?" she pointed to the hill. I nodded. "My house is right between them," she told me. I nodded again and got off the carriage.

"You'd love it there, Tao. It has whole rooms simply stuffed with Turkish Delight," she reassured me. "Can I... have some more now?" I asked. "NO!" she fired, I stepped back once. she closed her eyes and smiled. "Don't want to ruin you appetite," she whispered.

"Besides, you and I are gonna be seeing each other again very soon," she said as she leaned to the seat. "Hope so, Your Majesty," I smiled at her.

"Until then, my dear. I'm gonna miss you," she smiled at me. The carriage set off to the forest. I stared at her for a while. What's with her? We just met for once and she's so kind to me...

"Tao ge?" a voice called me. I turned around, seeing Luxi walking towards me. "Oh, gege! You got it too! Isn't it wonderful?" she ran and hugged me. I pulled off, glaring at her.

"Where've you been?" I asked her. "With Mr. Tumnus. He's fine. The White Witch hasn't found out anything about him meeting me!" she replied. I furrowed my eyebrows. White Witch?

"The White Witch?" I asked her. She moved closer to me. "She calls herself the Queen of Narnia, but she really isn't," she whispered. Isn't that the lady I just met?

"Gege, are you alright? You look... awful," she asked me. "Well, what'd you expect? I mean, it's freezing in here! How do we get out of here?" I flinched. She dragged me. "Come on. This way."


so, this is where Edmund met the White Witch...

anyways, italics = thoughts