09

Goodbye, Lee Taemin.

A/N: This chapter hasn't been proofread yet


 

ADREANNE

 

The sound of the echoing doorbell is a foreign one in the Lee's hidden haven. It can only be rung by the security guard, only from inside their post, just beside the gate of the house. It was always something that would make the lady of the house smile, had she been informed about who was coming to visit. This time, she had no idea who her visitor was, so it made her quite confused. Adreanne turned around as she dried her hands with a small kitchen towel before taking off her apron in a haste.

Who could the visitor be? She didn't recall inviting any of her friends over, and they knew to call her or Taemin first before coming. Taemin didn't say anything about him expecting a visitor either. Could it be G.O? Did he come here in a rush and forget to inform her?

She rushed to the nearest intercom when it started ringing, and Taehyung's excited voice greeted her.

"Noona! You won't believe who is coming to visit you!" The boy beamed. "I would have never thought that I'd get the chance to see a celebrity with my own two eyes in this lifetime," He gushed.

Celebrity?

Jonghyun was the only celebrity who crossed her mind, considering how excited Taehyung was. Kibum would be an option too, but Adreanne doubted that Taehyung would get that happy of seeing him, since the boy didn't look like someone who has a deep interest in fashion.

"Kim Jonghyun?" Adreanne guessed.

"No noona, I'd faint if I got the chance to meet Jonghyun. You know how much I love his music!"

If it's not Jonghyun... Adreanne's eyes widened, her heartbeat then turned a little too erratic for her liking.

"It's Tiffany, noona! Dad is running a security check on her, and he told me to ask if she is allowed to enter the house. Are you guys close, Noona? She told me she's your friend!"

Adreanne almost cursed when she felt panic and anxiousness starting to bubble up inside her. She clutched the phone in her hand, eyes shut tightly, trying to bring forth whatever courage she had that time. Should she send her away and not let her in? Should she welcome her like a friend? Should she question why she decided to show up uninvited to a house no one knew Adreanne and her husband lived in? And why was God playing this kind of game with her?

It was just a few days ago that Taemin promised her that he will do better, it was only yesterday that she decided to stop thinking about his little infidelity altogether to focus on her mental well-being, and today... Today the devil herself made an appearance to her doorstep.

"Noona?"

Adreanne must've been quiet for quite a while, because she heard Taehyung's faint voice calling out to her, repeatedly.

"Let-" Her voice got stuck in on her first try to talk again. "Let her in, Taehyung."

She felt Taehyung's excitement dissipating even from the tone of his voice when he replied to her with an "Alright, noona."

With shaking hands, Adreanne took a seat at her living room sofa. Beads of sweat dampened her skin, despite the cool blow of wind from the air conditioner. She clutched her iphone. The screen lit up, showing the time, and glanced at the beautiful photo of Taemin's eyes on the lockscreen. It was 3.30 pm. Taemin will be home in an hour and a half or so, but Adreanne didn't think she could wait any longer. She wanted the man who let this happen to witness himself breaking his own promise in front of her.

She stared at his picture on her lock screen again. She took it when he laid his head on her lap that one day when he wanted to take a nap outside, under the tree on their backyard. It was such a nice evening, they stayed there just relishing in each other's presence- Taemin dozing in and out of sleep as she ran her fingers through his hair and scratched his scalp gently, and Adreanne catching up on her favorite band's Youtube vlogs that she missed during the weekdays.

When the phone screen out, she was also brought back to reality.

Tiffany was there. Taehyung was going to her in at any moment now. She didn't know Tiffany's intentions for coming by. She would've been happy had Tiffany came as her best friend from university, but she for sure didn't know what to say to her husband's mistress. Will she lose her sanity and finally get a mental breakdown in front of the elder? Or will she be able to hold a decent conversation with her and reminisce about the old days in their shared dorm room where Tiffany openly voiced her jealousy towards her secret marriage to the most eligible bachelor in the country?

Adreanne's thumb scrolled down on her phone to call the only person she could think of right now. When the call was answered, she didn't wait for the man on the line to greet her first.

"Can you help me? Can you check if Taemin is available to come home right now?" 

There was a few seconds pause from the man from the other side of the phone call, before he responded with a panicked tone. "Like, right now, right now, ma'am?"

"Yes. Right now, right now." Adreanne replied sternly, wanting G.O to get the gist of how important it was for Taemin to come home at that right exact moment. "I know it's a bit early, but if he don't have anything too urgent to tend to, please tell him it's... an emergency." She barely held her voice back from cracking, and she hated it. It made her sound weak.

"Alright ma'am, he's in a small meeting with a head of department but I am typing out a personal text to him to alert him, and I am walking to his room to relay your message in person as we speak. Anything else you need my help with? Do you want anything as you wait for Mr. Lee's arrival? Is there anyone with you? Do you require an ambulance? And do you need me to stay with you on the phone? I can-"

Adreanne could hear G.O's breath quickening as he rushed towards Taemin's room. It made her feel selfish, and she just wanted to disappear.

"G.O, G.O sweetheart, calm down. I'm fine. I promise." Adreanne reassured him. She could hear G.O's faint "Thank god", before she in another breath to calm her nerves. She will be fine. She got to be fine. She couldn't let Tiffany sense her nerves because how the hell was she going to talk about to a woman whom she knows was sleeping with her husband? It was making her anxious, and she was never this timid and unconfident. She don't want to make Tiffany see that she was less than her, and that Taemin was right for cheating on her. Her pride was burning, but her emotions was also messing up with her. If she listened to the devil that was whispering for her to follow her deepest, dark thoughts... All she wanted to do was to tell the security guards outside to chase Tiffany away. She didn't even know how Tiffany made it inside the area this far, since as far as she knows, only a few people was allowed to enter the area to meet them. Less than 10 people. Two of Taemin's most important staffs, three of their friends, their helper and two of their security guards. It was impossible for Tiffany to even get pass the main gate, unless....

Taemin.

If that's the case, then it was something that will make her absolutely livid.

"I'm fine, G.O. I just... I just want him home right now, if possible. That's all, G.O. Thank you so, so much. I mean it."

"Okay, Ma'am. I just kind of had a flashback and was worried that it will happen again. Sorry for asking too many questions!" G.O apologised with a huff of relieved breath, and it made Adreanne smile a little. She pushed other unnecessary painful memories out of her head before bidding goodbye to the personal assistant. 'It' was something Adreanne wouldn't want to reminisce now.

After washing her face and straightening her light grey linen shirt to look at least a bit presentable, she ran to the front door to open it. Taehyung and Tiffany was conversing cheerfully as they wait for her to let them in, and they stopped when they heard the heavy wooden door creak open. Tiffany turned around and beamed, tackling Adreanne into a bone crushing hug.

She smelled so nice. Adreanne missed this, but she wished they hadn't met in the circumstance that she was in right now. She knew she would've been happier if she didn't know about both of them. She wouldn't even care to wonder how did Tiffany got the access to get past the main gate of the private neighborhood. Maybe she would even tell her husband to not come home that night so she and her best friend could have a sleepover and movie marathon all night- pausing the movie repeatedly to listen attentively to each other as they share updates and stories about their love life.

But they couldn't do that. They are in love with the same person.

"Unnie," Adreanne held out a hand to touch Tiffany's face. There was a part of her that missed the woman. "How are you? What brings you here?" The question came out sad, and dry. She regretted not making herself sound more enthusiastic. She didn't get the chance to set her tone right, and she was overthinking everything all at once. She never meant for that question to make her sound tired. She didn't want to sound jealous, or show any sign that she freaking knew about what she have been doing with her husband behind her back. She didn't want to sound like she was trying to put up a wall between them either. The heartache slipped out nevertheless, and before it was too much, Adreanne regained her composure.

"Hi, pretty Adreanne," Tiffany said, her bright eyes smiling along with her lips. She pulled Adreanne into another hug, which Adreanne returned tighter this time- her eyes shut closed, and she leant her forehead down on Tiffany's shoulder. This was a friend that Adreanne used to miss a lot whenever she sees the things that she thought the other would love. "I'm doing amazing, sweetheart. I passed by this area and thought that I'd come by to visit," She sing songed and winked. She loves the colour pink, designer handbags, and chick flick movies. "Not going to invite me inside?" She pouted. This friend also loves her husband.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Adreanne smiled and held Tiffany's hand to guide her inside, not before turning around and calling out to Taehyung. "Join us, Taehyung." She invited. The boy made a shocked face; which she thought was absolutely adorable, and his eyes widened like saucers as he pointed a finger to his own face.

"Me? Are you sure, Noona?" Taehyung questioned in disbelief. Adreanne nodded and told him to close the door after him as she pulled Tiffany further inside the house. Tiffany stopped her and asked if she "really wanted to invite the security boy inside?", which Adreanne responded with an enthusiastic nod and a "Why not? He's my friend too. What's mine is yours, right, unnie?"

Again, Adreanne didn't mean to make herself sound bitter. But the hurt was great enough, it won over her consciousness and broke free to make itself seen.

"Of course, Anne." Was Tiffany's rather curt response. Adreanne didn't see her, but she knew the woman had a smirk on her face.

"Grab the apron, Taehyung," Adreanne pointed towards the pantry door where a few linen aprons were hung. "I'll need a helping hand to prepare more food. I only made enough for Taemin and I today."

Tiffany's expression changed slightly at the mention of Taemin's name. There was an unmistakable change in the way she smiled- it was almost mischievous. Adreanne didn't miss that. She just hoped that Tiffany didn't have any vicious intentions for coming to her home uninvited. The house was Adreanne's safe abode, and now that Tiffany has infiltrated it, Adreanne didn't know what to feel. After taking her husband away from her, will Tiffany take her safe place too?

 

Baby Cheese
I'll wrap up and go home asap.
Please answer my calls?

Baby Cheese
I'm driving home. Answer my calls please yeobo

Baby Cheese
Arriving in 15 mins. Reply to me if you're okay please Adreanne

Adreanne
Oh god I am so sorry! Taem I swear I didn't notice your calls. I'm okay.

Adreanne
I'm sorry I made you worry. Sorry I didn't answer your calls, my phone was on silent.
Everything is alright, it's just that we have a sudden guest that I can't deal with alone. So don't be too shocked when you enter the house.
I'll be in the kitchen.

 

Taemin arrived home just a few seconds after Adreanne ushered Taehyung out of the kitchen with a bowl of banana fritters that they made together for the uninvited guest's tea time. It was the fastest food that she could think of to make after remembering the ripe banana she had stored in the fridge two days ago, and Taehyung helped her fry the batter as she cleaned the kitchen while chatting with Tiffany. It was just small talk, Tiffany updating Adreanne with what has been happening in her life lately.

Adreanne also found out that Tiffany recently got a boyfriend, but she clarified that the boyfriend's identity must be hidden at any cost- even from her own best friend, because the guy comes from a super elite family and wouldn't appreciate her revealing his identity to people.

Not that Adreanne was really interested to see who the guy was. She slept in his arms every night even during the days they don't utter a word to each other, and the guy wears the outfit she chooses for him every morning. 

She also had Tiffany's elite-family-born-boyfriend's last name.

"Yeobo- Oh," Both heads turned towards the kitchen entrance when they heard the smooth voice that they both love.

"Hey, Taem!" Tiffany greeted back enthusiastically. People might have thought that Taemin had no response at all over the fact that Tiffany was in his kitchen, but Adreanne saw it. The slight furrow on his eyebrows, and the way his jaw stiffened like he was holding back his face from making any expressions. "Long time no see." Tiffany said, an eyebrow raised, her bright smile never leaving her features.

"Yeah," Taemin responded curtly before quickly, turning his attention to Adreanne. "Yeobo, your handbag," He paused mid-sentence and held up a black leather handbag. "Was in the car. I'll bring it upstairs."

Taemin turned around to leave but Adreanne's "it's okay it's okay," as she jogged towards him stopped him on his tracks. His wife took the handbag from his hand, along with his blazer jacket and car keys. "I'll bring this upstairs, you go eat the fritters while they are still warm."

Taemin refused to let go of the bag, so the two of them pulled the handbag, the mini tug of war bringing a slight smile to his lips, despite the visible tension that their guest has brought to their home.

Both of them only realized that Tiffany had already left her seat and walked closer towards them when she giggled.

"You guys are so cute!" Tiffany gushed. Adreanne smiled in her direction before turning around and guided Taemin gently towards the kitchen entrance, her palms on his chest- her heart screaming "Mine" as she did so.

The gesture reminded her of Minho's innocent question back in high school when they looked through his family album together. "Why my mom and aunts always have their hands on their husbands' chest in pictures?" was his inquiry, and Kibum had answered that it was the equivalent of a guy's hand on the small of their woman's back, or when men place their hand on a woman's waist. It was to show people that the person was their person.

Lee Taemin was her person. She was in her home, and she wasn't willing to share. The whole thing made her feel petty and stupid, but she didn't remove her palm from his broad chest for a while. Who would have thought that she would act this way? Why does she even bother? What if Taemin actually wanted to be with Tiffany?

Will that make these ridiculous acts that Adreanne has been doing make her seem like a clown? Will the two other people in the room meet up in the depths of the night to ridicule her and the was she was acting out of character just to prove to them that he was hers?

Adreanne felt her headache coming, and her stomach felt like it was churning crazily. Hugging him was something she hadn't intended to do, but Taemin pulled her tighter towards him anyway. In the brief few seconds, she closed her eyes tightly and sighed.

It was crazy how Taemin was her hurricane and peace, all in one that she calls her husband.

She looked up at him and with a slow voice, she told Taemin that she wanted to take something upstairs from their room anyway, and it was not polite to leave their guest alone. Taemin looked down at her with tired eyes, probably already burdened by the weight of his sins towards her, now that his partner-in-infidelity was ever present in their house. The man sighed but obliged all the same, nodding his head in compliance before briefly rubbing a palm up and down the small of her back- a gesture she was actually thankful of; although she knew he didn't want to stay there longer. Taemin never really hide his expression whenever he's not pleased about something. It's probably a habit he picked up during his time as a CEO- the ability to tell people about his displeasure without using any spoken words.

"Be nice with your Noona now, yeobo." Was what Adreanne whispered to him before she quickly pecked his cheek and strutted upstairs. She could see him rolling his eyes and letting out yet another sigh, even from the back of his head.

 


 

TAEMIN

 

When Adreanne left the kitchen and they heard the sound of her footsteps getting farther upstairs, Tiffany didn't hesitate to squeal before giving him a tight hug. The thought of reciprocrating the hug didn't even cross his mind. 

"So you buy her Delvaux handbag and only LV bag for me? What a biased man you are, Taemtaem. Is it because she's prettier than me?"

Ignoring everything Tiffany just said, "What are you doing here?" Was what left Taemin's mouth instead. Tiffany looked up at his visibly irritated face, pouting. The lipgloss on her lips shone under the huge chandelier on the high ceiling above them. Taemin wished that the huge light installation would just malfunction right then and there and just crash onto him. He'd rather disappear than to deal with whatever karma it was that God has sent upon him that evening.

She slapped his chest lightly. "That's not nice, Taeminnie," She leaned her cheek against his chest and closed her eyes. "You left me hanging. You said you'd come see me but you didn't. I missed you a lot, you know?" She paused and chuckled cheekily. "My bed misses you too." Tiffany tiptoed and pulled his shoulder down slightly so she could plant a kiss on his cheek.

He scowled when he realized that it was the same cheek where Adreanne has kissed him just now.

"So I came to see you~" She sing songed her words rather loudly, and with a low "Stop it, Noona", Taemin gently peeled her body off him. "To watch how happy you are with your wife these days, that you forget to come visit me."

"You think you're so clever for doing this, aren't you?" The man seethed, annoyed at how cheerful Tiffany was acting. He foresaw a huge fight with his wife, that, if he's lucky- or a year long of silence from her if he's not. "How did you even-"

"Taeminnie, why are you so angry at me? You said you'd come see me but it has been a week and you didn't even return my calls and texts. That's so unfair. You're the one who broke your promise." She ranted, voice sounding like she was about to cry. "You're always like this. You come to me for days, you give me heaven and then you disappear. It's so unfair for me. I know who I am in your life but I have feelings too," Tiffany sobbed, clutching onto Taemin's shirt tightly. "I just miss you too much. I can't wait anymore."

"Oh, for goodness sake," Taemin grumbled under his breath. "Stop crying, Noona. Look, I am sorry I always give you promises that I can't keep. But I'll see you this Friday, okay? Now, just... Let's get you home, please." He dismissed the little pity party and held Tiffany's arm to guide her to the front door. Tiffany didn't move, her eyes staring daggers at him. Taemin lets go of her hand and the older woman crosses them across her chest, suddenly smiling brightly again.

"I'm not going anywhere," She announced and turned around to enter the kitchen.

"What do you mean you're not going anywhere? You shouldn't even be here in the first place!" Taemin was starting to get agitated, raising his voice as he called out to Tiffany who disappeared further into the kitchen. "Noona!"

"Come, my baby. Let's eat the delicious fritters your beloved wife has made for us."

 


Hi, I wrote this in such a rush and I am not proud of it but I'll come back sooner or later to edit and probably add more things.
I just thought that I should just post it first since I haven't posted anything for so long :(
Thank you for waiting, reading, commenting and staying around.
Welcome to new subscribers too! I hope you guys will enjoy the fic ^^